What's new

Hindu Nationalism and ... Foreign Policy?

What does Nehru had to do with Savarkar's ideology? Trying to draw a similarity between crossing Namka Chu and Akhand Bharat concept is simply hilarious.

Your questions assumes that I represent the whole Muslim community and that my answer will somehow provide a comprehensive solution to the communal question in India. On all points your assumption is wrong and answering your questions pointless.
When you can generalize the words/actions of a few Hindus/Indians to represent the views of all the Indians why can't we assume the same for your words/actions ?

While Mr. Ankit Panda recognizes that, “if Savarkar were alive today, he would see Pakistan and Bangladesh as belonging to the Hindu ‘nation.’” but does not take the implications or analysis of this any further and what this notion might mean for the South Asia region especially with the rise of Modi and the BJP. There is one element or concept that Nehru, Savarkar and Golwalkar all share and that is the idea of an Akhand Bharat or Greater India. This necessitates a hegemonic and expansionist foreign policy that could certainly invite conflict in the South Asia region. Indeed Nehru’s Forward Policy did lead to war with China in 1962 and newly revealed documents suggest that India was the aggressor in that particular conflict. There are indications that Modi will adopt a more muscular foreign policy if he were to become Prime Minister but it has not been clarified as to what this might mean in practice. I have argued in my book that whichever party comes to power in India they will continue the policy of hegemony and expansionism but only the methods and tactics will differ. While the Congress tends to be more subtle and coy about its foreign policy objectives the BJP may well be more overt but both strive to achieve an Akhand Bharat in South Asia –

What is Akhand Bharat? Are you trying to say a Bharat that includes Bangladesh & Pakistan? Then I can assure you that no sane person in India would want that, not even if these two countries beg to join India, the reasons are obvious.

Partition was the best thing to happen to contemporary India.

What is Akhand Bharat? Are you trying to say a Bharat that includes Bangladesh & Pakistan? Then I can assure you that no sane person in India would want that, not even if these two countries beg to join India, the reasons are obvious.

Partition was the best thing to happen to contemporary India.

Well according to Ankit Panda the Hindu nationalists believe that Pakistan and Bangladesh belong to the Hindu nation.

There comes the difference between bestseller and free book. :omghaha::omghaha:

It is being provided free because there are no new prints. It has gone through 5 versions and several print runs since 2006. My main objective however is to reach as many people by September when I expect Bangladesh to again be at boiling point with the purpose of thwarting the predictable Indian propaganda drive ...

Well according to Ankit Panda the Hindu nationalists believe that Pakistan and Bangladesh belong to the Hindu nation.

Hearsay...Ankit Panda says Hindu nationalists say this and that....who is that Hindu nationalist? Give me a direct quote from someone credible looking forward to merge Pakistan & Bangladesh with India.

Hearsay...Ankit Panda says Hindu nationalists say this and that....who is that Hindu nationalist? Give me a direct quote from someone credible looking forward to merge Pakistan & Bangladesh with India.

I am not suggesting merging but annexation of parts of these countries is certainly on the cards and having proxy governments installed in either or both is certainly there.

I am not suggesting merging but annexation of parts of these countries is certainly on the cards and having proxy governments installed in either or both is certainly there.
Then we have succeeded in one part. We already have a proxy govt in Bangladesh ;) :cheers: :tup:

Pragmatism is the cornerstone of Hindu Nationalism,War or Peace,is like a chess match rather than a football game.

Back
Top Bottom