What's new

hi all

hi friends, i need some help if u people can help so suggest me. from some time i have anxiety problem in speaking. i have search this in internet and come to know about me that this is anxiety, and mostly it occurs when there is alot of light is there or simply light is there and when there is no light or little rays of light no anxiety or very very less. so what is this? anybody know about it please tell me

hi friends, i need some help if u people can help so suggest me. from some time i have anxiety problem in speaking. i have search this in internet and come to know about me that this is anxiety, and mostly it occurs when there is alot of light is there or simply light is there and when there is no light or little rays of light no anxiety or very very less. so what is this? anybody know about it please tell me
talking to a stranger, in an audience, an interview -- or just during normal interaction?

have you tried to interact e same person in a bright and then in a moderately lit room?

talking to a stranger, in an audience, an interview -- or just during normal interaction?

have you tried to interact e same person in a bright and then in a moderately lit room?
thanks for ur rep
yes talking to stranger it occurs and in normal interaction when light is there. when this anxiety occurs i counsel myself and control it up to my level but sometime it is not in my control or for me very difficult to control it. i think this is because i take alot of tension. what u think what should i do more to overcome from this?

@Manticore help her out.
thanks

thanks for ur rep
yes talking to stranger it occurs and in normal interaction when light is there. when this anxiety occurs i counsel myself and control it up to my level but sometime it is not in my control or for me very difficult to control it. i think this is because i take alot of tension. what u think what should i do more to overcome from this?

thanks
You ought to see a psychologist/therapist. Counselling can help a lot. Psychotherapy, cognitive behaviour therapy etc are good tools. It might have to be a long term treatment, lasting a few months or a year or more, depending on how deep the issue is with you, and what the reasons are for your condition. It could be that the anxiety you feel is only a symptom, and not the disease itself. Resolving the underlying cause is the best way to eliminate it. Make sure that you see a reputed and licensed practitioner, because there are a lot of quacks in this particular field. Somebody in Pakistan with a medical background may be able to recommend good psychotherapists in your area.

@Manticore @Emmie

thanks for ur rep

thanks
this problem if not categorized under GAD doesnt require much of medicine rather psychotherapy would be the way to go. Now there are two ways to deal with it
1] gradually increasing contact lttle by little with people in company of some trusted friend - here the doc will encourage you and give you a plan

2] The second way is to directly expose the person to his fears - ths has the quickest results however if a girl is very fragile, the doc might not opt for this one. One of the easiest ways is to join arts club in school college etc or some activity at a club which requires human interaction without any judgement - you can see the kid playing foot ball/ karate or have joined book clubs / house beautification clubs are more confident

No person can eat you up - you get money to eat from your parents and GOD, thus you dont need to bow down or feel embarrassed about yourself infront of others

Which city do you live in? I might be able to refer you some where

this problem if not categorized under GAD doesnt require much of medicine rather psychotherapy would be the way to go. Now there are two ways to deal with it
1] gradually increasing contact lttle by little with people in company of some trusted friend - here the doc will encourage you and give you a plan

2] The second way is to directly expose the person to his fears - ths has the quickest results however if a girl is very fragile, the doc might not opt for this one. One of the easiest ways is to join arts club in school college etc or some activity at a club which requires human interaction without any judgement - you can see the kid playing foot ball/ karate or have joined book clubs / house beautification clubs are more confident

No person can eat you up - you get money to eat from your parents and GOD, thus you dont need to bow down or feel embarrassed about yourself infront of others

Which city do you live in? I might be able to refer you some where
i am sorry to all of you that i was not giving my reply. i live in hyderabad sindh. and let me tell you all that i am trying to overcome from this with different activities at my home but i will not go to any psychologists, because i don't know what kind of treatment they will give to me, i think its better to counsel myself with my own effort . what u all think? any particular activity that might help me if u know tell me?

i am sorry to all of you that i was not giving my reply. i live in hyderabad sindh. and let me tell you all that i am trying to overcome from this with different activities at my home but i will not go to any psychologists, because i don't know what kind of treatment they will give to me, i think its better to counsel myself with my own effort . what u all think? any particular activity that might help me if u know tell me?

Don't be scared of seeing a psyhchologist. (I don't know about Pakistan, but in the USA, psychiatrists prescribe medications, while psychologists only use talk therapy, and some people see both of them simultaneously.) There may be legitimate concerns about using psychiatric medications (if not done under proper supervision), but counselling itself is harmless.

Anyway, all that a psychologist or therapist will do is to let you speak for 50 minutes or so. For most people, it can resolve many issues. Anyway, there is no danger in it that you need to be afraid of.

But as I cautioned earlier, make sure that you see a proper, licensed therapist, and if possible, an older and experienced one. As long as you do that, there is nothing to be afraid of.

Talk therapy and cognitive behavior therapy and other such psychoilogical tools are not well understood in the subcontinent, which is probably why you are having fears of doing it. I can tell you that your concerns are unjustified - it is harmless, and if done properly, it is very beneficial. Read about it online, if you don't want to take my word for it. Or let the medical professionals from Pakistan on the forum help you out.

@Manticore @Emmie @Elmo

(@Elmo is a doctor, right?)

Back
Top Bottom