What's new

Hezbollah launch attack on Israeli troops

No, it wouldn't. Sorry to say, but Dalai Lama is like a pop singer singing about politics or miss universe candidate saying she wishes for world peace. It sounds so good but practically useless.

Let's not use that kind of language, friend.

We Buddhists honour him as our spiritual figure. Using insensitive language against him is akin to someone taunting your imam Hussein or his descendants. I hope you understand the sentiment.

If you ever get time, please do listen to his discourses. Whether you are Zoroastrian or Shia or any faith, you will see a lot of meaning in his words. So much compassion is difficult to practise but some of it can be done to make everyone a good human being.

Meditating is not religious; it is done across the world for mental and spiritual well-being of self.

It can be done by anyone and it helps you gain much control over your emotions and focus.

Try it for a month; You will feel much happier, more at peace with yourself and will be patient with even stupid people. :)

After that even you will profess it to everyone.

This is a good mix up. KSA and Egypt sit quietly on israeli borders and do nothing. Hizbullah and Hamas stay at fore front and contest with IDF. Iran keeps threatening Israel. Syria is stuck in its own mess. Jordan also sits quietly now.

Let's not use that kind of language, friend.

We Buddhists honour him as our spiritual figure. Using insensitive language against him is akin to someone taunting your imam Hussein or his descendants. I hope you understand the sentiment.

If you ever get time, please do listen to his discourses. Whether you are Zoroastrian or Shia or any faith, you will see a lot of meaning in his words. So much compassion is difficult to practise but some of it can be done to make everyone a good human being.

Meditating is not religious; it is done across the world for mental and spiritual well-being of self.

It can be done by anyone and it helps you gain much control over your emotions and focus.

Try it for a month; You will feel much happier, more at peace with yourself and will be patient with even stupid people. :)

After that even you will profess it to everyone.

You are right, and I apologize 100%. I treated him like a political figure, where I should have remembered that he is a spiritual leader to many.

I couldn't delete my post, please forgive my regretful comments.

You are right, and I apologize 100%. I treated him like a political figure, where I should have remembered that he is a spiritual leader to many.

I couldn't delete my post, please forgive my regretful comments.

No matter, buddy. :)

If a Hamas soldier fires from inside a UN Hospital and does not stop after a warning,
the Hospital loses its protection.
If firing does not stop after warnings, the Hospital can be attacked.
It say so in the paragraph You just read.
Is there any link where Hamas fired a rocket into Israel from a hospital (that is in operation) as you are claiming? I have already provided you with links of my claim of Israel targeting UN hospitals and refugee centres and killing UN aid workers. BTW, provide some actual sources rather than shady ones.

Is there any link where Hamas fired a rocket into Israel from a hospital (that is in operation) as you are claiming? I have already provided you with links of my claim of Israel targeting UN hospitals and refugee centres and killing UN aid workers. BTW, provide some actual sources rather than shady ones.
Hamas regularly fires rockets from dense populated areas. Thats established documented fact:

photo_verybig_7131.1405223173.jpg

M75 rocket launched from the coastal strip into Israel by militants of Ezz Al-Din Al Qassam militia, the military wing of Hamas movement, in Gaza City, July 11, 2014. Photo: EPA

800_xpbmn5ckzh4jbv2glcg51ierumereath.1405223512.jpg

M75 rocket launched from the coastal strip into Israel by militants of Ezz Al-Din Al Qassam militia, the military wing of Hamas movement, in Gaza City, 09 July 2014. Israel launched the military operation Protective Edge, which came in response to a renewed wave of rockets out of the Gaza Strip, for some of which Palestinian group Hamas has claimed responsibility. It is the first time since 2012 that Hamas has done so, claiming that intervening attacks were sent up by groups working outside its control.

Credit: EPA

israelrockets4.1405224114.jpg

A rocket was launched into Israel by the Ezz Al-Din Al Qassam militia, the military wing of the Hamas movement, in Gaza on July 9, 2014.Photo: EPA

2014h1.1405737584.jpg

2014gh.1405737585.jpg

2014a.1405737586.jpg

2014fd.1405737587.jpg

In fact its much harder to find when they DONT fire rockets from populated areas.

And here pro Palestinian Finnish journalist telling about rockets fired specifically from hispital (although there is no difference hospital or just civilian house both are equal crime):

And here pro Palestinian Finnish journalist telling about rockets fired specifically from hispital (although there is no difference hospital or just civilian house both are equal crime):
Like I said, reliable sources not someone who is just crapping from his mouth. I gave sources from UN and Amnesty and you give me a link to a video of a journalist talking on a YouTube video. Besides, where's the picture of the launcher of the rocket from which it was fired. They just don't vanish into thin air.

Now if you say that they use portable launchers then why the hell did Israel target the hospital. Surely they aren't stupid enough to not take into account that the truck has left it's position. Also, given Israel has a uncontested air supremacy at Gaza, it is easier to fly surveillance drones over the area and get better mapping accuracy.

But you still haven't given me links to rockets being fired from a UN operated place.

Like I said, reliable sources not someone who is just crapping from his mouth. I gave sources from UN and Amnesty and you give me a link to a video of a journalist talking on a YouTube video. Besides, where's the picture of the launcher of the rocket from which it was fired. They just don't vanish into thin air.
Documented evidence I posted are much much more reliable evidence than crappy reports by Amnesty and other biased clowns.

Now if you say that they use portable launchers then why the hell did Israel target the hospital. Surely they aren't stupid enough to not take into account that the truck has left it's position. Also, given Israel has a uncontested air supremacy at Gaza, it is easier to fly surveillance drones over the area and get better mapping accuracy.
These large rockets are not so portable. They need long time to assemble:

But you still haven't given me links to rockets being fired from a UN operated place.
There is no whatsoever difference between rocket fired from residential house and "UN operated place". Especially since everything very close in Gaza:

Here rockets fired from kids playground 50 meters from journalist hotel and 100 meters from UN office:

Here rocket fired from right under the journalist office building in center of Gaza:

Also should be noted that Hamas rockets packed in residential areas are very unreliable and often fall in their own civilian areas.

Hamas strategy is to fire from civilian areas, and in the close vicinity to protected areas,
which is a violation of the Geneva Convention.

In this link, the attack on the al-Wafa Hospital is discussed.

Israeli military destroyed el-Wafa hospital even though it knew there were no weapons inside – Mondoweiss

It is stated that the target for the attack is the area next to the Hospital (< 100m)
which is used as a missile site according to the IDF.
Not the hospital itself.
While there is noone confirming this, the doctor says that he cannot control what happens
outside the hospital, which implies that he knows that IDF is correct.
The Red Cross has been involved, to ensure that evacuation will work out.
One would think that they would protest, if no missiles had bern launched.
It can of course be so that they just resigned to the fact, and try to save life.

The Geneva Convention does not explicitly state what happens to a protected area
if someone uses the vicinity of the area for military purposes.
The whole document is however focused on protection of civilians,
but generally military objectives are always possible to attack.
It would be very strange if a military objective could have a safe haven by violating the Geneva Convention.

If IDF behaves as if the area is part of the hospital, then civilians is getting enough protection in my opinion.

The article says that IDF has detected multiple launches close-by.
That does not allow the IDF to attack.
They have to issue a warning to the hospital allowing a decision to stop the military activity.
If the hospital asks for time to do this, then they must be granted time.
If the hospital replies that they have no control, that is the same as a refusal
and the attack may proceed.

What is important is if there have been previous warnings, and whether there has been missile launches after the first warning.
While the article does not mention such things they may still have happened, and that is crucial
to determine if any crimes have been committed.

It is not clear from the Geneva Convention what happens if a hospital has lost its protected status.

You cannot draw any conclusions from this information.
By working with the Red Cross, the IDF shows that it is concerned with following the Geneva Convention, but only a full investigation, and a hearing involving experts on International Law, which on top are unbiased can determine whether a crime has been committed.
I would be surprised, if IDF did not follow the convention to the letter,
because they can still do almost any damage while following the convention.
It would be stupid not to follow it.

As for Hamas, the Amnesty report shows that the Palestinians are deliberately putting civilians
at risk by firing from where they should not, and they use hospitals and ambulances for military
purposes. Hamas threatens anyone bringing up possible war crimes from the Palestinian side.

It claims that both Hamas & cronies as well as Israel committed war crimes,
but is often based on witnesses, whose reliability is unknown.
https://www.amnestyusa.org/sites/default/files/unlawful_and_deadly_web.pdf

Last edited:
Documented evidence I posted are much much more reliable evidence than crappy reports by Amnesty and other biased clowns.

These large rockets are not so portable. They need long time to assemble:

There is no whatsoever difference between rocket fired from residential house and "UN operated place". Especially since everything very close in Gaza:

Here rockets fired from kids playground 50 meters from journalist hotel and 100 meters from UN office:

Here rocket fired from right under the journalist office building in center of Gaza:

Also should be noted that Hamas rockets packed in residential areas are very unreliable and often fall in their own civilian areas.
Whatever media you posted can't be seen. Also calling Amnesty a biased clown makes you the clown here. For the UN operated place if they were fired from within their building then we would have known about it from them and aid to Gaza would have been cut short and UN would have left the place. But that didn't happen, did it.

Hamas strategy is to fire from civilian areas, and in the close vicinity to protected areas,
which is a violation of the Geneva Convention.

In this link, the attack on the al-Wafa Hospital is discussed.

Israeli military destroyed el-Wafa hospital even though it knew there were no weapons inside – Mondoweiss

It is stated that the target for the attack is the area next to the Hospital (< 100m)
which is used as a missile site according to the IDF.
Not the hospital itself.
While there is noone confirming this, the doctor says that he cannot control what happens
outside the hospital, which implies that he knows that IDF is correct.
The Red Cross has been involved, to ensure that evacuation will work out.
One would think that they would protest, if no missiles had bern launched.
It can of course be so that they just resigned to the fact, and try to save life.

The Geneva Convention does not explicitly state what happens to a protected area
if someone uses the vicinity of the area for military purposes.
The whole document is however focused on protection of civilians,
but generally military objectives are always possible to attack.
It would be very strange if a military objective could have a safe haven by violating the Geneva Convention.

If IDF behaves as if the area is part of the hospital, then civilians is getting enough protection in my opinion.

The article says that IDF has detected multiple launches close-by.
That does not allow the IDF to attack.
They have to issue a warning to the hospital allowing a decision to stop the military activity.
If the hospital asks for time to do this, then they must be granted time.
If the hospital replies that they have no control, that is the same as a refusal
and the attack may proceed.

What is important is if there have been previous warnings, and whether there has been missile launches after the first warning.
While the article does not mention such things they may still have happened, and that is crucial
to determine if any crimes have been committed.

It is not clear from the Geneva Convention what happens if a hospital has lost its protected status.

You cannot draw any conclusions from this information.
By working with the Red Cross, the IDF shows that it is concerned with following the Geneva Convention, but only a full investigation, and a hearing involving experts on International Law, which on top are unbiased can determine whether a crime has been committed.
I would be surprised, if IDF did not follow the convention to the letter,
because they can still do almost any damage while following the convention.
It would be stupid not to follow it.

As for Hamas, the Amnesty report shows that the Palestinians are deliberately putting civilians
at risk by firing from where they should not, and they use hospitals and ambulances for military
purposes. Hamas threatens anyone bringing up possible war crimes from the Palestinian side.

It claims that both Hamas & cronies as well as Israel committed war crimes,
but is often based on witnesses, whose reliability is unknown.
https://www.amnestyusa.org/sites/default/files/unlawful_and_deadly_web.pdf
So, you yourself post a link to Israeli war crimes. But you still haven't given any reliable link to proofs of whatsoever about Hamas using UN facilities to hide its weapons. Whereas I gave you plenty of links that has stated Israel deliberately targeted civilians and committed war crimes.

You should put such rhetoric statements to Israeli forums where they believe and accept these kind of crap.

Whatever media you posted can't be seen. Also calling Amnesty a biased clown makes you the clown here. For the UN operated place if they were fired from within their building then we would have known about it from them and aid to Gaza would have been cut short and UN would have left the place. But that didn't happen, did it.

So, you yourself post a link to Israeli war crimes. But you still haven't given any reliable link to proofs of whatsoever about Hamas using UN facilities to hide its weapons. Whereas I gave you plenty of links that has stated Israel deliberately targeted civilians and committed war crimes.

You should put such rhetoric statements to Israeli forums where they believe and accept these kind of crap.

In Your links, experts claim that Israel goes at length to protect civilians, and they are an example
everyone should follow.

You apparently did not bother about the Amnesty reports which clearly states that Palestinians
stored missiles in U.N. facilities, and the U.N. criticized them for doing that.
You also did not read Your own links, which claim the same thing.

You also did not read my posting, which clearly shows that while the article
has information, it is not enough to determine if a war crime has been committed or not.
You further ignore that there are strong indications that Palestinians have committed a war crime
and strong indications that the Israelis did not commit a war crime.

Make You an archetype of a bigot.

In Your links, experts claim that Israel goes at length to protect civilians, and they are an example
everyone should follow.

You apparently did not bother about the Amnesty reports which clearly states that Palestinians
stored missiles in U.N. facilities, and the U.N. criticized them for doing that.
You also did not read Your own links, which claim the same thing.

You also did not read my posting, which clearly shows that while the article
has information, it is not enough to determine if a war crime has been committed or not.
You further ignore that there are strong indications that Palestinians have committed a war crime
and strong indications that the Israelis did not commit a war crime.

Make You an archetype of a bigot.
I am sorry but my links doesn't claim that Hamas stored weapons at UN facilities that are operational. The only one here being idiotic is yourself. Also, they don't say there is strong indication that Israel didn't commit a war crime. But then again it would be more useful to argue with a brick wall than you. Because at one point the brick-wall will accept factual data.

I am sorry but my links doesn't claim that Hamas stored weapons at UN facilities that are operational. The only one here being idiotic is yourself. Also, they don't say there is strong indication that Israel didn't commit a war crime. But then again it would be more useful to argue with a brick wall than you. Because at one point the brick-wall will accept factual data.

From Your link: 2014 Israeli shelling of UNRWA Gaza shelters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , second paragraph.

On three separate occasions, on 16 July,[1] 22 July[2] and on 29 July, UNRWA announced that rockets had been found in their schools.[3] UNRWA denounced the groups responsible for "flagrant violations of the neutrality of its premises".

If Israel works with the Red Cross during an attack on an area close to a hospital,
then that is a strong indication that they are going by the book.

That assumes that You have the capability of independent thinking,
and can draw logical conclusions from facts, which is yet to be proven.

From Your link: 2014 Israeli shelling of UNRWA Gaza shelters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , second paragraph.

On three separate occasions, on 16 July,[1] 22 July[2] and on 29 July, UNRWA announced that rockets had been found in their schools.[3] UNRWA denounced the groups responsible for "flagrant violations of the neutrality of its premises".
You seem to have forgotten to mention the part where it states that the building was abandoned and not operational. Whereas I mentioned Israeli airstrikes on UN employees.

You seem to have forgotten to mention the part where it states that the building was abandoned and not operational. Whereas I mentioned Israeli airstrikes on UN employees.

And...
If it is a U.N. building, then U.N. can no longer claim that they are a neutral, so it does not matter.
Once it can be determined that protected zones are used by Hamas for military purposes,
it OBVIOUSLY voids any agreement.
Still there will be a political price to pay.

Hamas Strategy is to protect their assets by violating the Geneva Convention.
Using Hospitals for headquarters, transporting soldiers in ambulances,
boobytrapping "civilian" buildings and use them as starting points for tunnels,
makes civilian buildings, hospitals and ambulances military targets.

Back
Top Bottom