What's new

HELP!Why my later pose always add into former post ?

cnleio

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
I got problem here, why my later post always add into former post, not creat a new post ?

What can be posted in 2 or more consecutive posts can be done in one, I guess it's to prevent a stream of posts from the same person taking up entire pages.

I got problem here, why my later post always add into former post, not creat a new post ?
few days back I was complaining that it was not happening...as in 2 back to back posts by the same member were not getting merged.
Understand that merging posts saves space on a page and also one can differentiate one member's posts from others.
Imagine a page where you made 3 back to back post each quoting a different member...the person reading the page would have to go down 3 posts to read other members posts. Do you get it now???
Please @WebMaster keep it as it is.

But it so happened on GHQ that one of my post that I made yesterday got merged with a post before it (which was posted almost a month ago.) That can be avoided.
There should be a window of 3-5 minutes like we had earlier after which the second post made should not merge with the previous one.This is how it was since last one year but upgrade has changed that window period.

If different kinds of pics can not be in separated posts ... but all in one post, it will make ppl feel confused & whole thread less rigorous.

I really have no idea, such automatically merged post r ruining my pics post in PDF.

If different kinds of pics can not be in separated posts ... but all in one post, it will make ppl feel confused & whole thread less rigorous.

I really have no idea, such automatically merged post r ruining my pic post in PDF.
AFAIK you can have 10 pics in a single post and not more than that.The 11th pic will automatically come in a 2nd post.

Merging posts also helps in keeping a member's number of posts under check as in if every back to back post was posted separately then the post count would increase drastically.

why are posts being merged even after a gap of a few days. its happened to me on the pakistan army aviation thread and war against TTP thread........very crazy.

why does #2435 keep getting merged in war against TTP thread.

its happening here now.....real weird.

#3131 aam guftagu. same shite happened

why are posts being merged even after a gap of a few days. its happened to me on the pakistan army aviation thread and war against TTP thread........very crazy.

why does #2435 keep getting merged in war against TTP thread.

its happening here now.....real weird.

#3131 aam guftagu. same shite happened
Fatman what 've you been doing on this thread??
Today I 've got notification atleast twice from this thread.
image.jpg

image.jpg

And I'm not sure if posts 're still getting merged because on this thread
US 'Troubled' By Crimea Leader's India Visit , the OP has successfully made 2 posts back to back posts without 'em getting merged and there's a gap of 3 mins between those posts.
And on the same thread I've congratulated @WebMaster in one of my posts for introducing the window period.

I think posts should get merged but not the posts which 're posted after 5mins.
Yesterday me and @SvenSvensonov faced the same issue on a thread.We were posting few pics on a thread and the system would not let us make a new post as the count of pics would become more than 10 with each post made on that thread. Finally I had to request him to make a post before me so that my posts stopped getting merged.

@WebMaster where art thou??
:(

Back to back posts will be merged regardless. There is no fix for that at the moment.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom