What's new

Help needed for further studies.

I want to do MBA then.

What do you want to do after MBA? I'm an MBA from one of the the best institutes in India (IIM - L). Maybe I could guide you.

There are different streams in MBA: Strategy, Finance, Marketing, Operations/Supply Chain, IT, HR etc. etc. There are specialized institutes over the world for a particular stream as well as general management institutes. If you have a particular stream in mind, then apply for BBA where you can get a recommendation from a renowned professor of that field (it definitely helps). Look to keep your grades high, especially in that field.

For a general MBA, background of a good university is a big plus. A couple of years of work ex after your BBA might also be required.

Salams, I ve been in education for last 12 years I hope I can provide some clear picture ... first of all your financial constraints shows that you have no problem of affordability as you said you can go Kuwait ... so my friend while planing for your life put a side patriotism and think pragmatically ... so I brotherly suggest you if you can afford then its better to go somewhere else then comming to Pakistan so I suggest best choice for you as you are already in middle east is Carnegie Mellon University Qatar i.e. (Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar | Home) ... as per my past experience their were a few friends of mine came to Pakistan from middle east for undergraduate studies they had some bitter experience here because of our education system and what ever is happining arround here ... and as I have said you are already in middle east and you are familiar to the system their ... and about Carnegie Mellon University they said they are not affiliate but they are themself "Carnegie Mellon" so IMHO its best for you ... Now lets see further if you still interested to come to Pakistan then I would suggest you some institutes here for business studies ... In Karachi 1- IBA - KU, 2- CBM, 3- IQRA Uni -Bahria Uni, 4- ZABIST-MAJU-KIET ... in Lahore you can go for 1- LUMS, 2- Punjab Uni, ... in Islamabad -- Quaid-e-Azam Uni, MAJU ad their is an institute I have heard about Imran Khan established its NIMAL or NAMAL its some where in Punjab ... these are the places where I may opt for if were you ... and in the end a brotherly advice don't think that your aunti is in Pakistan your uncle in Pakistan I live with them and I want to see Pakistan "excuse me" this is not a family reunion trip or sight seeing trip --- its about your future and educational career so you must do accordingly and yes you can give a visit to Carnegie Mellon University Qatar as it may help you to make a better decision ... and if you want some help regarding international institutes then feel free to ask me ... I will be more happy to help you ...

Last edited:
Yaar, galat salah kyu de raha hai.

Forget about the world NUST is not even best in Pakistan itself.

Before anyone call me troll,

Official ranking by Higher education Commission, Pakistan

Following are top 3 in Business/IT

Business / I.T.

Lahore Uni. of Management Sciences (LUMS), Lahore 12.37 6.08 8.68 9.66 20.41 57.20

Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi 7.45 9.01 5.75 8.08 10.00 40.30

Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Sci. & Tech. Karachi 4.97 7.48 5.21 5.00 11.07 33.73

Engineering

Pakistan Institute of Engg. and Applied Sciences, Islamabad 11.70 9.73 6.52 12.42 20.98 61.35

National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Islamabad 10.10 9.27 8.33 6.84 14.53 49.07

Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering, Swabi 10.07 7.69 6.05 8.73 13.24 45.78

The official website of Higher education Commission, Pakistan

Ranking of Universities

That list is outdated and wrong.

I don't know why people are going on about NUST and other engineering unis :what: He wants to do BBA!

For BBA:

Best in Karachi:

1.IBA
2.IoBM (CBM)
3.SZABIST

Best in Lahore:

1.LUMS
2.Lahore School of Econ.

This is your future, so don't mess it up by taking rash decisions. If you can afford to study abroad in UK, US or even in Kuwait, don't think twice.

If you wanna come to Pakistan, I recommend LUMS, excellent it is. Is you have got nice and heavy finance, then no other place than Canada, not even UK.
best of luck :tup:

Thank you guys for your time,as now i am more confused what to do :D.But as i have been sugguested by many people not to go to Pakistan as they have experienced some bitter things there and it's very difficult for them to settle,specially for the first timers.So the advices you gave are highly appreciated and now i can more accurately choose uni for me.But if more universities regarding BBA in Pakistan,so please share it.

well the obvious problem of law and order is infront of everyone,other than that i think u wnt have any problems but yes it is hard to integrate into a society at first.For business studies there are only 2 universities which are better than those in kuwait or dubai or lets say at par more or less.they r LUMS in lahore and IBA in karachi.other than these i think u can find better institutions for business studies in dubai n kuwait but lums dnt offer a degree with the exact name BBA but they do offer business degrees in economics n finance.

Are they well suited for BBA?..i don't know much but i guess science and technology does not offer BBA.

Hay only two schools for Business Studies
1- Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)
Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)
2- Institute of Business Administration Karachi (IBA Karachi)
IBA>>>Leadership & Ideas for Tomorrow..

i havent studied at LUMS but IBA faculty and course structure is awesome, with most of faculty being PHd (mostly from US) i have found IBA worthy of its name

Thank you guys for your time,as now i am more confused what to do :D.But as i have been sugguested by many people not to go to Pakistan as they have experienced some bitter things there and it's very difficult for them to settle,specially for the first timers.So the advices you gave are highly appreciated and now i can more accurately choose uni for me.But if more universities regarding BBA in Pakistan,so please share it.

lemme give you a track if you're interested in finance
join LUMS or IBA (preferably if you want to pursue finance IBA is awsome in this)
complete CFA while studying for BBA finals (IBA is a partner institute of CFA institute)
apply for rotman school of business UoToronto
complete your MBA from there
and you have an accelerated route to profession

lemme give you a track if you're interested in finance
join LUMS or IBA (preferably if you want to pursue finance IBA is awsome in this)
complete CFA while studying for BBA finals (IBA is a partner institute of CFA institute)
apply for rotman school of business UoToronto
complete your MBA from there
and you have an accelerated route to profession
If u can afford its always better to go some where else But if u chose Pakistan then

hasnain's above 1 of the best advice if you want to come to Pakistan ...

Back
Top Bottom