What's new

Help Needed!-Articles on military knowledge

acetophenol

Reaction score
Country
India
Hello dear friends,

I am about to do a small study on the military knowledge of civilians in a particular area. For this, I would like some information on like minded studies done by others or newspaper articles on the military knowledge.

Thanks in advance:-)

Hello dear friends,

I am about to do a small study on the military knowledge of civilians in a particular area. For this, I would like some information on like minded studies done by others or newspaper articles on the military knowledge.

Thanks in advance:-)
What exactly are you looking for?
I can give you some Ids on twitter with a good military background/knowledge.

If you need help of professionals on the forum then these guys can help.
@jhungary @Vauban @SvenSvensonov

Please tag others if u can
his query is a lil vague. Will wait for him to explain what he meant.

I'm not familiar with any studies, formal or informal, on the military knowledge of civilians (not including ex-military personal).

I'm also not a civilian as I work for the United States Navy, and would bias your inquiry if requested to answer any questions. But if you'd like off-the-record info or would just like to hear my thoughts, without using them for a study or academic paper, I'd be happy to help.

Just looking at this forum, I'd say the levels of military knowledge civilians possess is abysmal at best. It's a lot of copy-paste and little understanding of what is actually meant and there's plenty of misinterpretations, outright fabrications, "hidden knowledge" and basic ignorance to be found.

Beyond that, we see wishful thinking, comparisons of stats without looking into how or why a system is used (such as comparing the range of SAMs and leaving our factors such as competence, environmental or topographical concerns, operational tactics and doctrine, etc.). People mean well, but I roll my eyes a lot too.

Apparently, @asad71 miah can help you. :-)

Specific questions need to be asked. Organization and employment, tactics and eqpt, etc, etc are areas. However, since the OP is an Indian, response from Indian members would be more appropriate.

Specific questions need to be asked. Organization and employment, tactics and eqpt, etc, etc are areas. However, since the OP is an Indian, response from Indian members would be more appropriate.
What kind of military knowledge?
What exactly are you looking for?
I can give you some Ids on twitter with a good military background/knowledge.

If you need help of professionals on the forum then these guys can help.
@jhungary @Vauban @SvenSvensonov

his query is a lil vague. Will wait for him to explain what he meant.

The study I am aiming to conduct is to what extent does an ordinary civilian know about military stuffs-military projects in India and around the world (Example: Do you know what LCA Tejas is? or Which country makes F-22 Raptor?), basic military knowledge (Example: Can they differentiate between a Tank and an Armoured personal carrier, differentiate between a ballistic missile and a cruise missile) , military history (Example: How many wars did India have with China? etc.)

//note: the examples given are for representational purpose only//

The idea is to measure to what extent do they know about the perception of a normal civilian about the military strength of his or her nation. To begin, I would be focussing mainly on professionals and Undergraduate&Post graduate level students.

Now what I need from you guys is information about any previous studies or news articles that would give me an insight about the military knowledge or even general knowledge of people/students/anyone-anywhere. Some sort of study or information about the measurement people's knowledge about the general or current affairs, of if possible specifically on military matters.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom