What's new

Help me understand Jew history

I am giving you accurate information.Jews were very impressed with Muhammad as he rejected Jesus as god.Jews welcomed Muhammad to Medina with open arms as he also imbibed many Jewish teachings into his new religion(you can Google for the information).Muhammad also gave much respect to Jewish prophets like moses,David,Jacob etc.He even made Palestine which is a holy place of Jews as qibla.but the differences started when Muhammad became powerful in Medina and demanded Jews to join his new religion.From then on Muhammad started killing Jews relentlessly.There is a famous story in which Muhammad beheads 700 Jewish men and takes as many of their women as slaves(concubines for him and muslims).Back in those days Jews were no diff from Muslims today.They also used to brag that they were God chosen ppl and only they would go to heaven.

This is very biased and incorrect history.

It wasn't intended to show why the hate. The thread is about Jewish history, and that poem is a narrative of the exiled Jewish people and their travails for millenia.

Why the hate is quite obvious - the common trend among Abrahamic religions is "My religion true, other false, hate them."
I couldn't agree with you more.Eliminate these 3 tribal religions from the planet and the world would be a much better place to live in.

I couldn't agree with you more.Eliminate these 3 tribal religions from the planet and the world would be a much better place to live in.

How do you assume atheism would prove to be right...now don't blame entire Muslim/Christian and Jewish people as being barbaric that is 3.6 billion people.

You have absolutely no accurate information on history of judaism and Islam, until you get correct information and understand/observe it from a neutral point you would be biased. g

I must say that I never even once heard any other religion mentioned in Church.

Hi,
I am starting this thread to learn some history about Jews. Since I come here often and lot of times the discussion happen around Muslims history and Jew and their relation. I decided to watch a 3 hour documentary on Prophet Muhammad on YouTube. I got some understanding on Islam and how it came into existence. However I want to focus on Jew history in relation to Islam.

What I understood in that documentary is as follows.
1) Prophet Muhammad had to move to Medina since he faced threat from Quraesh tribe in Mecca.
2) Jews were living in Medina, more than one tribe.
3) Prophet Muhammad when he again tried to go to Medina made Quraesh unhappy and they attacked Medina.
4) Jews tribe were unhappy that their business was getting impacted hence there was a rumor that they are meeting Quraseh.
5) Prophet Muhammad fought Jews and made them leave Medina.

So, how did the Jews landed in Israel?
Since they were already in Arab land, don't you think they have ownership on Arab land.

I want to understand this in context of Israel Palestine fight and has it anything to do with what I saw?

Please treat this as purely history point of view and do not drag religion into it.

I need to know this so that I better understand your discussion.

In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has annoyed a lot of people, and is nowadays considered to be a bad move...

All the rest is details.

Cyrus wasn't Babylonian. His real name was Kūruš. He was king of the Persian Empire and conquered Babylonia and beyond after conquering and toppling the Median Empire. After conquering Babylonia he freed the Jews and helped them rebuild the Temple.
As far as I know Cyrus the Great was a Persian King who established large Achamenid empire.

Yes He was originally from east of Babylon.... But he was also a king of Babylon....

His titles

From your link.

archaeologists had "given up hope of recovering any context that would make Abraham, Isaac or Jacob credible 'historical figures'

Also, your claim that there is no alternative ''history'' itself is a joke. There is truckloads of evidence that explains the development of human civilisation from primitive to today's modern age, the development of languages, tools, housing, farming, migration etc etc. Have you visited a museum? The written or narrated history only covers a tiny part of that journey. Bible talks abt Noah's arc and abraham being Noah's 11th generation just does not add up.

As such where jews or arabs or anyone else came from is a complex journey going back tens of thousands of years. It can't be traced to gux X had 12 sons and now you have the jews kind of unsubstantiated oversimplification..

Please do not peddle unscientific unproven fables as history. If we don't know thats fine. In any case OP has asked the question WRT the current conflict only.

So what is there in your museum that dismisses the existence of Abraham??? .......

Here you go.
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) Complete life story in En…:

OK. This was most likely done by Aljazeera (or sponsored by it).

This is not about Jewish history.

Please do not use this to understand the modern day conflict of Israel-Palestine.

Thank you.

OK. This was most likely done by Aljazeera (or sponsored by it).

This is not about Jewish history.

Please do not use this to understand the modern day conflict of Israel-Palestine.

Thank you.
I watched it to understand Islam and saw mention of Jews. Which me think if this is causing the hate.

I watched it to understand Islam and saw mention of Jews. Which me think if this is causing the hate.
Nah This isnt causing hate Actually.... Muslims were always more tolerant and protective of Jews comparing to Christians till 1947...

Islam and Judaism are closest religions...... Strictly Monotheistic...

Everything changed after the Creation Of Israel after second world war ....

Prophet Muhammad's action was entirely political based on the events of war and according to Jewish Laws....

No. Whatever happened 1400 years ago did not impact palestinian Jews relationship in 1945.

Before 1945, the two communities lived side by side.

Please do not refer to religion as the source of hate.

it is the "land". that is always source of problem.

Thank you

No. Whatever happened 1400 years ago did not impact palestinian Jews relationship in 1945.

Before 1945, the two communities lived side by side.

Please do not refer to religion as the source of hate.

it is the "land". that is always source of problem.

Thank you
In palestine-israel conflict, religion definitely is the source of hate..Especially the traditiinal muslim hatred of "jews" purported by quran and hadiths.

In palestine-israel conflict, religion definitely is the source of hate..Especially the traditiinal muslim hatred of "jews" purported by quran and hadiths.
depends which period of history you are talking about.

So please make sure you add something like "in 21st century" or 20th or 19th.

Hope this helps.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom