What's new

Hello From China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your knowledge and contribution in delivering informative threads/posts has been insightful in this forum, therefore its hardly surprising to witness the positive outcome of you becoming a senior member. Furthermore, Shanghai people are very opinionated in nature and come across as pragmatic individuals who have no time to simply troll. This can be illustrated by a famous proverb which comes from Shanghai: "If you turn your head backwards, then you will be left behind".

Thanks for the compliment!

From a business prospective the relationship between our countries has been cemented, since progress can already be determined on the ground. Although Chinese States-Owned Enterprises have entered the market of Pakistan, the private sector is also very important and we welcome their participation. The Karamay Declaration which was signed a couple of weeks ago in Xinjiang has emphasized the point of increasing social-cultural links of both nations. However Chinese citizens are most welcome to travel to Pakistan, because you will receive good hospitality and respect. When I was traveling across China with my Chinese brothers I received a huge amount of respect, when I specifically mentioned that I was from Pakistan and I will never forget this.

It's normal for you to receive extra hospitality, you represents your country at the event bro! Remember when Pakistani national sports team paraded into the Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony the whole Chinese audience spontaneously stood up to show respect? We respect Pakistan!

Well said! Look we have strong G2G ties, but P2P is far behind that. SOE's are the "national team" in business, but far more players are in the private sector. Hope PDF serves to expand the tie between the citizens!

It's normal for you to receive extra hospitality, you represents your country at the event bro! Remember when Pakistani national sports team paraded into the Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony the whole Chinese audience spontaneously stood up to show respect? We respect Pakistan!

Well said! Look we have strong G2G ties, but P2P is far behind that. SOE's are the "national team" in business, but far more players are in the private sector. Hope PDF serves to expand the tie between the citizens!

The strength of the Chinese private sector is extremely underrated by western pundits, however from my experience they are pivotal to the success of the Chinese economy since innovation and creatively is continuously generated. For example by 2020 the Chinese financial leasing sector on aviation will be worth well over a $100 billion and the private sector holds a large percentage of this stake. The proposed industrial zones in Pakistan should be a fantastic opportunity for private enterprises to relocate their units in the future. A smart entrepreneur from both countries could start a consultancy business to advice and direct these companies to invest in Pakistan. SOE's in China are considered the national team in business because the amount of assets they hold are phenomenal and its easier for them to finance huge infrastructure projects.We have the fifth largest proven reserves of gems in the world, however the technology and knowledge on faceting stones is limited and only the private sector can propel this forward. The Chinese market for gems is massive specifically for rubies which are trendy and highly demanded by the newer generation. I wholeheartedly agree that PDF should serve to expand the ties between the citizens.

We greatly appreciate the respect shown by Chinese citizens towards Pakistan, during the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics. In my opinion it was a master class event illustrating tremendous choreography sequences and the progression of China into an economic superpower. After traveling around Shanghai, Beijing, Kunming, Dalian, Chengdu and Dangdong the most appreciating aspect of China was the friendly smiles of the local population and the amount of recreational activities. I always enjoyed having a conversation with a Chinese taxi driver:)

Easy man, you have already been considered as next TTA with large support.....:D

Oh well then I better spank all the illiterates and bad-mannered, real HARD, before that LOL!

@LeveragedBuyout is an exceptionally knowledgeable, insightful and decent guy, unlike me he never spank anyone!

Anyway @WebMaster should do anything to promote PDF. Language, the country features (East-West meet, Muslim-Secular meet, a middle power, etc) are PDF's unique advantages in becoming a popular international forum, it's big business dude, get the traffic up! Big business hell yeah but how? One necessary thing is to make it credible, inspiring. Well some TTA are good enough to beat most stupid & ignorant western journalism or state-run propaganda (don't spank me, I know, China included), but see what most TTA now are doing? Troll and bash is normal, it's almost necessary, now some TTA are just "policing" even "infuriating". Please, clearly position what is MOD, and what is TTA, both teams are not well built now. That's my recommendation.

To have yet another Chinese TTA is certainly appreciated, for it will greatly enhance the quality of content posted in the China & Far East section, which has unfortunately more often than not been infested with bar fight-level arguments and bashing (Chinese vs. Vietnamese, Indians vs. Chinese to name a few of these engagements and we've seen occasional invasions of Sinophobe Turks, Westerners and Filipinos in this section too), as well as the reputation of Chinese members on PDF.

The reason I joined the forum is to read thought-provoking and constructive discussions and to take part in them whenever I can come up with good arguments or have a readworthy article I want to post, and not to waste my time and energy reading balderdash attacking China or any other nation. I'm grateful that there are nice chaps like you out there, @Shotgunner51. :-)

@GS Zhou You will see brawls in the China & Far East section which you're going to frequent, I guess, and please try not to get engaged in them. Arguing with bigoted members will only make you feel inclined to use swear words and the quality of your content will spiral down which will most likely result in negative ratings, infractions and eventually even a ban. It's best to avoid trouble as best as you can. Regrettably there are many sinophobic bigots active on the forum who see China as a threat, sneer at China's achievements etc. If you come across trolls at some point who post offensive content, report their post. If you see them troll again and again, click on their profile picture and go on 'Ignore'.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :wave:

To have yet another Chinese TTA is certainly appreciated, for it will greatly enhance the quality of content posted in the China & Far East section, which has unfortunately more often than not been infested with bar fight-level arguments and bashing (Chinese vs. Vietnamese, Indians vs. Chinese to name a few of these engagements and we've seen occasional invasions of Sinophobe Turks, Westerners and Filipinos in this section too), as well as the reputation of Chinese members on PDF.

The reason I joined the forum is to read thought-provoking and constructive discussions and to take part in them whenever I can come up with good arguments or have a readworthy article I want to post, and not to waste my time and energy reading balderdash attacking China or any other nation. I'm grateful that there are nice chaps like you out there, @Shotgunner51. :-)

@GS Zhou You will see brawls in the China & Far East section which you're going to frequent, I guess, and please try not to get engaged in them. Arguing with bigoted members will only make you feel inclined to use swear words and the quality of your content will spiral down which will most likely result in negative ratings, infractions and eventually even a ban. It's best to avoid trouble as best as you can. Regrettably there are many sinophobic bigots active on the forum who see China as a threat, sneer at China's achievements etc. If you come across trolls at some point who post offensive content, report their post. If you see them troll again and again, click on their profile picture and go on 'Ignore'.

Really nice suggestions from you! Very much appreciated!

A good post here, buddy.

Yup, you are right, but I want to make another input as well from my side about PDF.

According to me, not only this platform can make us get so many information and also friends from all over the world, but also it can be a good practice as well to grow our personality by improving our respond to any kind of provocation we get from any immature poster during our stay in here.

NcEUXch.jpg

Me being nice really? Thanks! I do occasionally spank, well maybe I should do that to illiterates and leave the bad-mannered to Mods, if they can perform such tasks.

My suggestion: TTA can give positive (only), Mod can only negative (only) & ban.
Then TTA can't abuse in their own brawls, can't side in others' brawls, and Mod do "policing".

P.S.: Where did my negatives come from? Well two in a row, for giving befitting replies in responsive/reactionary posts to the group of flag where that TTA belongs to. I have demanded an open apology, that demand still holds.​

The strength of the Chinese private sector is extremely underrated by western pundits, however from my experience they are pivotal to the success of the Chinese economy since innovation and creatively is continuously generated. For example by 2020 the Chinese financial leasing sector on aviation will be worth well over a $100 billion and the private sector holds a large percentage of this stake. The proposed industrial zones in Pakistan should be a fantastic opportunity for private enterprises to relocate their units in the future. A smart entrepreneur from both countries could start a consultancy business to advice and direct these companies to invest in Pakistan. SOE's in China are considered the national team in business because the amount of assets they hold are phenomenal and its easier for them to finance huge infrastructure projects.We have the fifth largest proven reserves of gems in the world, however the technology and knowledge on faceting stones is limited and only the private sector can propel this forward. The Chinese market for gems is massive specifically for rubies which are trendy and highly demanded by the newer generation. I wholeheartedly agree that PDF should serve to expand the ties between the citizens.

We greatly appreciate the respect shown by Chinese citizens towards Pakistan, during the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics. In my opinion it was a master class event illustrating tremendous choreography sequences and the progression of China into an economic superpower. After traveling around Shanghai, Beijing, Kunming, Dalian, Chengdu and Dangdong the most appreciating aspect of China was the friendly smiles of the local population and the amount of recreational activities. I always enjoyed having a conversation with a Chinese taxi driver:)

Well said! Like many things financial leasing is a very new business here, the government limits the license to SOE while set many policies like Shanghai Free Trade Zone to encourage private sector or FDI to do this, now one already got listed in HK (check 2666.hk)! China's financial industry is still seriously underdeveloped, we are working on it.

And you are very sharp, in many highly fragmented markets SOE are not dominant at all even absent, like gems as you mentioned. Let's promote more Pakistan opportunities to the massive private sector in China. Instead of ad hoc exercises like roadshows, several Pakistan embassies (Chengdu, Kunming, Shanghai) should setup permanent departments to promote business.

Last edited:
Me being nice really? Thanks! I do occasionally spank, well maybe I should do that to illiterates and leave the bad-mannered to Mods, if they can perform such tasks.

My suggestion: TTA can give positive (only), Mod can only negative (only) & ban.
Then TTA can't abuse in their own brawls, can't side in others' brawls, and Mod do "policing".

You do have a point. The mods and admins are doing a good job to keep the forums clean but they are busy at times with other important matters outside PDF and we see frequent trolling regardless. If the staff members were not in a position to act in a while, it would be wise to have TTAs and TTCs intervene in flashpoints.

Well said! Like many things financial leasing is a very new business here, the government limits the license to SOE while set many policies like Shanghai Free Trade Zone to encourage private sector or FDI to do this, now one already got listed in HK (check 2666.hk)! China's financial industry is still seriously underdeveloped, we are working on it.

And you are very sharp, in many highly fragmented markets SOE are not dominant at all even absent, like gems as you mentioned. Let's promote more Pakistan opportunities to the massive private sector in China. Instead of ad hoc exercises like roadshows, several Pakistan embassies (Chengdu, Kunming, Shanghai) should setup permanent departments to promote business.

The financial leasing sector is a new flourishing business in China, for example the Agricultural Bank of China opened a department in this particular field in 2010 and within a few short years the amount of revenue generated has been phenomenal. This is because within the spheres of China at least 1 million individuals have the capacity to lease small commercial private jets and the market is growing. However, the government should in my opinion reform the banking system and introduce tougher regulatory laws to make sure corruption is reduced.

My Chinese Brother applied for a research role in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone, however the recruitment procedure is extremely difficult and they only accept the best candidates with an amazing resume. Shanghai is a tremendous metropolitan city with first-class infrastructure, however its importance is made transparent when the Central Government of China applies pilot projects in Shanghai and if they are successful then its spread across the country. From my recollection the healthcare reforms in 2008/2009 is a prime example. The Central Government of China is currently testing the waters with the Shanghai Free Trade Zone and they are enacting different types of polices to judge how the market would react, in particular the private sector who must fill the void of SOEs. The reason why the London Stock Exchange for the last 200 years has been at the forefront of financial services is because the laws and regulations have been easily understood by foreign companies and the perception of accountability is maintained, which brings in confidence. Most westerners have trouble understanding the business concept of Guanxi (interpersonal relationship), thus there business model in China is flawed. The Universal Medical Financial & Technical Advisory Services Co Ltd was listed in the HK and its share prices have risen quite nicely. Although the financial Chinese industry is underdeveloped, we should still appreciate the good work done by the Government who have tried there best. Western countries have at least 200 years of banking experience and things take time to mature. Ignore the rhetoric from pundits who believe that China would collapse because they are insignificant and groups such as Fosun International have proven the credibility of the private sector in the financial services because since 1992 they have controlled $20 billion in assets.

The gemstone industry is almost exclusively controlled and operated by the private sector in China, except for mining permits and how much can be excavated each year. For example the price of Hotan White Jade was skyrocketing for the last 10 years and the amount of reserve remaining in Xinjiang has dwindle. Therefore even though the price per kilo of exceptional White Jade was 10,000 yuan, the Provincial Government decided to introduce a quota. Smart Chinese entrepreneurs have purchased mines abroad mainly in Thailand, where the gemstones are faceted with precision. An another example is the solar power energy sector where companies such as Gordon Concord have done extremely well.
The Pakistan Government should setup permanent departments across different Chinese cities to promote business opportunities for the private sector and I am sure many joint-ventures can become successful in the long term. China has the experience and experts, while Pakistan has the abundance of resources.

The financial leasing sector is a new flourishing business in China, for example the Agricultural Bank of China opened a department in this particular field in 2010 and within a few short years the amount of revenue generated has been phenomenal. This is because within the spheres of China at least 1 million individuals have the capacity to lease small commercial private jets and the market is growing. However, the government should in my opinion reform the banking system and introduce tougher regulatory laws to make sure corruption is reduced.

My Chinese Brother applied for a research role in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone, however the recruitment procedure is extremely difficult and they only accept the best candidates with an amazing resume. Shanghai is a tremendous metropolitan city with first-class infrastructure, however its importance is made transparent when the Central Government of China applies pilot projects in Shanghai and if they are successful then its spread across the country. From my recollection the healthcare reforms in 2008/2009 is a prime example. The Central Government of China is currently testing the waters with the Shanghai Free Trade Zone and they are enacting different types of polices to judge how the market would react, in particular the private sector who must fill the void of SOEs. The reason why the London Stock Exchange for the last 200 years has been at the forefront of financial services is because the laws and regulations have been easily understood by foreign companies and the perception of accountability is maintained, which brings in confidence. Most westerners have trouble understanding the business concept of Guanxi (interpersonal relationship), thus there business model in China is flawed. The Universal Medical Financial & Technical Advisory Services Co Ltd was listed in the HK and its share prices have risen quite nicely. Although the financial Chinese industry is underdeveloped, we should still appreciate the good work done by the Government who have tried there best. Western countries have at least 200 years of banking experience and things take time to mature. Ignore the rhetoric from pundits who believe that China would collapse because they are insignificant and groups such as Fosun International have proven the credibility of the private sector in the financial services because since 1992 they have controlled $20 billion in assets.

The gemstone industry is almost exclusively controlled and operated by the private sector in China, except for mining permits and how much can be excavated each year. For example the price of Hotan White Jade was skyrocketing for the last 10 years and the amount of reserve remaining in Xinjiang has dwindle. Therefore even though the price per kilo of exceptional White Jade was 10,000 yuan, the Provincial Government decided to introduce a quota. Smart Chinese entrepreneurs have purchased mines abroad mainly in Thailand, where the gemstones are faceted with precision. An another example is the solar power energy sector where companies such as Gordon Concord have done extremely well.
The Pakistan Government should setup permanent departments across different Chinese cities to promote business opportunities for the private sector and I am sure many joint-ventures can become successful in the long term. China has the experience and experts, while Pakistan has the abundance of resources.

Yes with booming middle class the markets of commercial leasing e.g. jets, yachts other durable consumables, are skyrocketing these years despite existing for a long time. Financial leasing however it's a very new corporate financing tool, well China is learning, slowly (leverage is still tightly controlled by state-owned-banks) but progressively (waiving limits on reg cap if incorporated in Free Trade Zone), and ride on this opportunity to bring private sector (domestic & foreign) into the once completely enclosed financial industry.

That's true about Shanghai, we will continue to pilot financial reform since we are the most important financial hub in the Chinese Mainland. However as I have mentioned in other threads, Shanghai can be massive in size, but it's never a bigger version of London. Shanghai will serves as hub for a RMB-denominated economy aka Mainland, while Hong Kong will be buffer zone between Mainland and other financial markets. The two hubs are very different, under different legal systems (Civil vs Common), have two currencies, hence serve different needs for China.

Very cool bro, let's get those permanent trade promotion departments up and ready! Business!

Last edited:
In fact, I can't speak English, but I like the country and people of Pakistan. Every one of my sentences is dependent on translation.

来句中文,友谊万岁。

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom