ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
HEC calls on researches to submit proposals on CPEC-CRG

February 9, 2021

787475_6329566_322847_8480609_updates_updates.jpg

The Higher Education Commission (HRC) has called on researchers to bring forward their proposals for the China Pakistan Economic Corridor-Collaborative Research Grant (CPEC-CRG).

According to the HEC's tweet on Tuesday, the project is one of the key components of the recently launched HEC initiative "Academic Collaboration under CPEC Consortium of Universities", a statement posted on HEC's website said.

"The objective of the project is to understand and respond to the historic global geo-strategic and geo-economic transition, and its impact on the region, in general, and Pakistan in particular," it said.

The CPEC-CRG is expected to support promising research partnerships between Pakistan and China, aiming at finding solutions to CPEC-related problems through joint research by the universities of Pakistan and China, HEC said.

"CPEC- CRG research projects must be collaborative in scope, with teams composed of academic researchers from Pakistan and China with the appropriate expertise to address the research challenge, as well as industrial and sectoral collaborators within Pakistan and/or China," read the statement.

HEC Pakistan

@hecpkofficial

·
4h

CPEC Collaborative Research Grant For faculty members of public and private universities For details, please visit https://hec.gov.pk/site/cpec-crg

After spending USD 18 billion, you guys are inviting thought proposals now ?

Are you guys kidding me ??

some things are so straight forward that they dont need too much input from the public and can start immediately. other things could use public input at a later date, especially if unforeseen issues arise. so whats your problem?

some things are so straight forward that they dont need too much input from the public and can start immediately. other things could use public input at a later date, especially if unforeseen issues arise. so whats your problem?

Frankly it's not my money bro. But seriously, think about it.

Ideally these are the first things which are done when MoUs are signed i.e. opportunity sizing.

It's only then that there are proper deals with an ascribed value to it.

Point is, with such invitations going out, people are going to doubt if the final size of the CPEC deal will even be materialised or just a random number thrown around.

No wonder even people in pakistan will have a tough time to decide if the CPEC deal is 47 Billion or 62 billion or something else !

So? What’s wrong with the timing? CEPEC has a long way to go and has different priorities. What makes you such an authority. This is about academic research.

There is nothing wrong with this. But rather it's a study for long term research and how it can benefit both sides, we do it in the U.S. all the time and over time research builds upon itself. These sort of studies can find weaknesses and strengths and how to capitalize on it. This happens in business all the time.

Frankly it's not my money bro. But seriously, think about it.

Ideally these are the first things which are done when MoUs are signed i.e. opportunity sizing.

It's only then that there are proper deals with an ascribed value to it.

Point is, with such invitations going out, people are going to doubt if the final size of the CPEC deal will even be materialised or just a random number thrown around.

No wonder even people in pakistan will have a tough time to decide if the CPEC deal is 47 Billion or 62 billion or something else !

i did think about it. MoUs dont go into every little detail. CPEC is a huge opportunity, so much can come from it that if you sit down to map out every opportunity then it will take years. no need to waste all that time. agree with the basics, build those, then talk and build whatever else will complement it or could full advantage of all the infrastructure that is built. however, i think you should focus more on your own issues. that Ram Mandir is not going to build itself. last i heard not even a brick has been placed.

i did think about it. MoUs dont go into every little detail. CPEC is a huge opportunity, so much can come from it that if you sit down to map out every opportunity then it will take years. no need to waste all that time. agree with the basics, build those, then talk and build whatever else will complement it or could full advantage of all the infrastructure that is built. however, i think you should focus more on your own issues. that Ram Mandir is not going to build itself. last i heard not even a brick has been placed.
Don't worry about Ram Mandir.

It's progressing well unlike your stalled projects

/././.

NUST, Chinese varsity to work on ‘Silk Road International Alliance of Architectural & Technological Universities’

B R
16 Jul, 2022

62d1de2e2a836.jpg

ISLAMABAD: With the aim to forge meaningful partnership under the proposed “Silk Road International Alliance of Architectural & Technological Universities” and beyond, a high-level virtual meeting between senior management and faculty of the National University of Sciences & Technology (NUST), Pakistan and Xi’an University of Architecture & Technology (XAUAT), China, was held on Friday.

Engr Javed Mahmood Bukhari, Rector NUST, and Prof Wang Shusheng, President XAUAT also addressed the meeting. The proposed alliance has a mandate to build a knowledge library, information hub, and talent base in the fields of Architecture and Technology to extend support for the urbanisation of countries along the Silk Road.

Addressing the session, Rector NUST said that we are truly excited to work closely with XAUAT on the ambitious Silk International Alliance of Architectural & Technological Universities. He was highly optimistic that this alliance would result in significant value addition to our knowledge ecosystems and help improve quality of our programmes and research through mutual learning.

The Rector observed that in the past few years, Belt and Road initiative of China, and within that China-Pakistan Economic Corridor has brought about fresh opportunities, while opening new intellectual vistas of excellence at NUST.

He maintained that these initiatives have tied together Pakistan and China into a partnership of great mutual benefit with shared destiny and prosperity for the people of both the countries. President XAUAT also looked forward to strengthening bilateral cooperation with NUST in general, and achieving objectives of the alliance in particular.

Copyright Business Recorder, 2022

/././.

NUST, Chinese varsity to work on ‘Silk Road International Alliance of Architectural & Technological Universities’

B R
16 Jul, 2022

62d1de2e2a836.jpg

ISLAMABAD: With the aim to forge meaningful partnership under the proposed “Silk Road International Alliance of Architectural & Technological Universities” and beyond, a high-level virtual meeting between senior management and faculty of the National University of Sciences & Technology (NUST), Pakistan and Xi’an University of Architecture & Technology (XAUAT), China, was held on Friday.

Engr Javed Mahmood Bukhari, Rector NUST, and Prof Wang Shusheng, President XAUAT also addressed the meeting. The proposed alliance has a mandate to build a knowledge library, information hub, and talent base in the fields of Architecture and Technology to extend support for the urbanisation of countries along the Silk Road.

Addressing the session, Rector NUST said that we are truly excited to work closely with XAUAT on the ambitious Silk International Alliance of Architectural & Technological Universities. He was highly optimistic that this alliance would result in significant value addition to our knowledge ecosystems and help improve quality of our programmes and research through mutual learning.

The Rector observed that in the past few years, Belt and Road initiative of China, and within that China-Pakistan Economic Corridor has brought about fresh opportunities, while opening new intellectual vistas of excellence at NUST.

He maintained that these initiatives have tied together Pakistan and China into a partnership of great mutual benefit with shared destiny and prosperity for the people of both the countries. President XAUAT also looked forward to strengthening bilateral cooperation with NUST in general, and achieving objectives of the alliance in particular.

Copyright Business Recorder, 2022
A good project these univiersities could work on are apartment building that are built tapping into geothermal energy, for cooling and ways to recovery energy so part of the structure of the building is a giant battery, able to store electricity during brownouts. The buildings and their construction in a neighborhood should be studied to minimize the heat island effect and best use of trees to cool the Inside and areas outside these buildings passively, and at the lowest construction and maintenance costs.

Back
Top Bottom