senheiser

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Heads roll at Lockheed Martin over troubled F-35 program
Published time: 2 Nov, 2015 12:07Edited time: 2 Nov, 2015 12:26
Get short URL
56374a32c4618855648b45e9.jpg

An F-35B joint strike fighter jet conducts aerial maneuvers during aerial refueling training over the Atlantic Ocean, Aug. 13, 2015. © United States Marine Corps / Flickr
saidOrlando Carvalho, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics executive VP in a statement. “He brings a deep understanding of the F-35 program, strong customer relationships and a collaborative leadership style that will ensure we continue the positive momentum of the program.”

Despite vast spending that has made the F-35 jet the most expensive piece of military hardware ever created, the program seems to have had several setbacks.

“The stealth fighter lacks the sensors, weapons and speed that allow a warplane to reliably detect and shoot down other planes in combat. Especially when those planes are shooting back,” said a review from military website War is Boring.

“The F-35 can see great. It just can’t see all that great in the air. At least not compared to modern Chinese- and Russian-made jets — the planes the F-35 is most likely to face in battle in some future war,” it added.

According to the US Department of Defense, the program’s office wasn’t accurately recording the jet’s problems.

“Not all failures are counted in the calculation of mean flight hours between reliability events, but all flight hours are counted, and hence component and aircraft reliability are reported higher than if all of the failures were counted,” the Fiscal Times quoted the report.

The F-35 is a US fifth generation multirole combat aircraft designed to perform ground attack, aerial reconnaissance, and air defense missions. The program was launched in 2006 but has experienced a number of cost overruns and developmental delays due to concerns over performance and safety.

LOL american products are pure trash

@F-22Raptor

Last edited:
The F-35 is a lemon! Period!

The American tax payer got screwed and how! :p:

And some Europeans too! Sheeesh! :cry: :P

The F-35 is a lemon! Period!

The American tax payer got screwed and how! :p:

And some Europeans too! Sheeesh! :cry: :P

lol, look at it this way.

The 170 lemon we had we called F-35 Lighting, with another 186 high priced lemon called F-22 Raptor can basically wipe the floor with Indian Air force that have been and still using Mig-21.

What do you call yourselves when you got beaten by the lemon brigade??

The 170 lemon we had we called F-35 Lighting, with another 186 high priced lemon called F-22 Raptor can basically wipe the floor with Indian Air force that have been and still using Mig-21.

SPANKED...!!!

Yeah, the F-35 is such a lemon that there have been many espionage attempts for it from multiple different countries. :rolleyes:

I guess everybody wants a trash aircraft

Answering to ignorant post in a ignorant manner aren't we? well sir with all due respect u're better than this. (and a big LOL at that Pak fool liking your post :lol: )

@Donald Trump

You can always get more insight about this plane from @gambit only if he decides to give you time like he does to some Chinese trolls.

So you're comparing the MiG-21 with the F-35? :woot:

But hey! I daresay the MiG-21 can beat the crap out of the F-35 in a dogfight! :P

When I transferred from the F-111 to the F-16, there were plenty of 'horror' stories about the F-16 during its development. Anything from too small to be combat worthy to too unstable for the pilot to be effective. Now the F-16 is the standard for all to match.

Answering to ignorant post in a ignorant manner aren't we? well sir with all due respect u're better than this. (and a big LOL at that Pak fool liking your post :lol: )

@Donald Trump

You can always get more insight about this plane from @gambit only if he decides to give you time like he does to some Chinese trolls.

well, I am a mirror, if you talk sense to me, I will talk sense to you, but I can, and will go down to troll level if that is what I come up against.

But hey! I daresay the MiG-21 can beat the crap out of the F-35 in a dogfight! :P
No...We are laughing at a comment from one whose country's air force is still flying that relic.

Well, your spits can beat the crap out of the F-35 in dogfight. Does that make you a weapon of mass destruction?

Well, your spits can beat the crap out of the F-35 in dogfight. Does that make you a weapon of mass destruction?
If they get close enough, they could bring down the F-35 by dropping a piano on it, too! The Americans are such fools!

Humble, meek and soft-spoken with Westerners, turns on superpowerian-ness when facing Easterners. That's the definition of an Indian. :D

Hehe cute , Well atleast this specific native of superpower country don't abuse and use derogatory words when addressing to my fellow Easterners I think you should give me that. :D

Back
Top Bottom