What's new

Hawk jets to be manufactured in India

So does this spell the end of the IJT?

Isnt that a duplication of ablities?
The jets are almost the same class..
It seems more like a statement of "we can so we will" rather than a statement of "we need, so we did".

Comparing apples and oranges:

LCH is a LIGHT attack helo- the AH-64D Blk.III is the most advanced Heavy attack helo on the planet.
The IJT-36 is an INTERMEDIATE jet trainer that is used for stage TWO training the Hawk is an AJT used for stage THREE trainng- the IJT and AJT will operate together not instead of one another they are compliments not supplements.

Similar comparsions can be drawn between the PC-7 Mk.II Basic trainer and the PC-21 advanced trainer - superficially they look very similar but they are adapted for different roles and it is the avionics and mission computers that really separate the two massively.

i don't know from where u knew that..

thats Hawk-128(india got upgraded version of this)'s specification..

Armament

Note: all armament is optional.

• 1× 30 mm ADEN cannon, in centreline pod
• Up to 6,800 lb (3,085 kg) of weapons on five hardpoints, including:
• 4× AIM-9 Sidewinder or ASRAAM on wing pylons and wingtip rails
• 1,500 lb (680 kg), limited to one centreline and two wing pylons (Hawk T1)

and i know Hawk has radar,Hawk 200 got APG-66 same like F-16.previous versions didn't get that much capable radar,but they have it.i'm searching about previous versions.initially they were radarless,as they fly with tornado.but i don't think they are right now as they can fire sidewinders.

No, India is getting the hawk 132, previously known as Ml115y. Where did you read that we were getting upgraded version of hawk 128? And hawk 200 is NOT a trainer, it is a multirole fighter, capable of performing every spectrum of fighter operations, including air defence, air superiority, anti-shipping, air-denial, long-range interdiction, short-range close air support and ground attack. We are getting hawk trainers (Mk132), not the hawk fighters (mk200).

It's more like, we can do it, but will need time to mature it, that's why we split the requirement and add a more advanced or proven foreign version too:

Trainers - IJT / Hawks, HAL HTT40 / Pilatus
Fighters - LCA / MRCA, AMCA / FGFA
Helicopters - HAL LUH / Fennec or Ka 226 / HAL IMRH / Mi 171
Transporters - MTA / C130J - 30
Tanks - Arjun / T90

And what is the split? 50/50?

And what is the split? 50/50?

Like I have said before the IJT and Hawk are complimentary products NOT supplements the Sitara is an IJT whilst the Hawk is an AJT surely Oscar you know the difference? As such the Hawk cannot replace the Sitara and the Sitara cannot replace the Hawk. The AJT acts as a LIFT for the IAF before pilots go to jet conversion SQDs and are trained on supersonic platforms whilst the IJT is a subsonic trainer where speeds are significantly greater than they have experienced before on propeller driven trainers like the Deepak or PC-7 Mk.II (from next year onward).

Just look at the difference in cockpits:

IJT Sitara:
cat-cockpit.jpg

BAE Hawk AJT (note this is NOT the cockpit of the MK.132 the IAF are getting which are more advanced and the most advanced Hawks ever built, but I couldn't find any pics of the 132's cockpit):

200112_UK_BAE_Hawk-AJT.jpg

ybk11.jpg

We can see the later's is much more like a modern day fighter's and the mission avionics on-board the AJT are designed to be similar to train pilots in modern fighter operations.

The set training program of the IAF by 2014/5 will look like this (in this order and all stages are mandatory):

1. Basic trainer, PC-7 MK.II (100-250 Nos.):

AIR_PC-7_MkII_Pilatus_lg.jpg

2. Intermediate Jet trainer (IJT) HAL HJT-36 Sitara (100-200 Nos.):

DSC_0294-740261.JPG

3. Advanced Jet Trainer/LIFT, BAE Hawk 132 (150-180 Nos.):

AIR_Hawk_India_lg.jpg

4. Jet conversion SQDs (currently MIG-21 but soon LCA will take this role).

lca-trainer.jpg

@Abingdonboy

Don't you think Pilatus Pc-7 took a dig in the HTT-40s share in the air force?

@Abingdonboy

Don't you think Pilatus Pc-7 took a dig in the HTT-40s share in the air force?

I think the PC-7 deal has pretty much ended any chances for the HTT-40 for the IAF. The initial order is for 75 but the actual requirement is for ~250 and the HTT-40 was supposed to bridge this gap however the HTT-40 hasn't even flown its first flight yet so I suppose the IAF will exercise the option in the Pilatus deal and have the PC-7 Mk.II be the sole basic trainer in IAF service. By 2015/16 the IAF can have all of its basic trainer woes addressed by the PC-7 and I suspect this is what we will see. If HAL had got their act together and had the HTT-40 ready to be inducted by 2012/13 then the story would be different and we would see Pc-7 MK.II restricted to 75 Nos. if any.

You guys come up with indai manufacturing this, india manufacturing that on daily basis as though india is worlds largest arms manufacturer, bu in reality india is the worlds largest arms importer. Why do you guys do that, is this some kind of fetish for you guys or what?

Waste of bandwidth on PDF!:pakistan:

You guys come up with indai manufacturing this, india manufacturing that on daily basis as though india is worlds largest arms manufacturer, bu in reality india is the worlds largest arms importer. Why do you guys do that, is this some kind of fetish for you guys or what?

Better take out defence part of PDF so that posters like these can "SAVE BANDWIDTH".

Why are the Britishers & us leaders & big business houses supported by government make so much cry for jobs. It's like they open factories without thinking to continue. Whatever comes in way,accept it or close the factory & job loss is the headline. Wtf?
That's because during election season they publicize the data about how much jobs were created during their tennure which helps them in getting votes......

You guys come up with indai manufacturing this, india manufacturing that on daily basis as though india is worlds largest arms manufacturer, but in reality india is the worlds largest arms importer. Why do you guys do that, is this some kind of fetish for you guys or what?

We are Largest importer of Defence equipments in the world because we have to fulfill the present requirements of Second largest Army,fourth largest Airforce and fourth largest Navy of the world.....

You guys come up with India manufacturing this, India manufacturing that on daily basis as though india is worlds largest arms manufacturer, bu in reality india is the worlds largest arms importer. Why do you guys do that, is this some kind of fetish for you guys or what?

Any positive defence development in India is greeted with anguish, Perhaps PDF and its interests are best served to be filled with anti India threads instead of being an educated defence forum according to you. Right?

Back
Top Bottom