What's new

Have you ever paid bribe?

EDIT-also the earlier cases against my friend(his RTR) were dropped as he payed the SI some cash....The cases included
1)Drink and Drive
2)Hit and Run
3)Using cell-phone while riding AND
4)Dangerous driving!!!!

They challan ed my friend 's bike in such an incident...he took a localite along to help him negotiate .Finally after coaxing and making pleas of being students , they settled on 5000 rs :)

In Bangalore , you dont even need to say a word .....just have a 100 buck note in your pocket and hold it out surreptitously the moment a cop signals you to stop .....they wont even ask you for your licence if you are quick and dont argue ...;)

In bangalore police is flexible, they also take sodexho food coupons.... :rofl:

yeh even i heard that banglore is like a upper-middle class/elite's subarban city damn what houses/villas tiles & marbles are like a norm its really beautiful been their once & can anybody beat those A'level/O'level co-ed private schools & collages its fun there & the 100 rupees's trafic bhaiya's commision was actualy made famous by the banglorean girls/aunties with a passion for car driving hobby's they introduced it man your lucky to be there :toast_sign:

Sure am , bro :cheers:

I paid around 250 bucks to a policewala in Bangalore in sodexho coupons for rash driving......

Nope.......never did anything wrong........except once violated a red light by mistake.......and the kind hearted traffic warden let me go...... coz of me being a student.

Never.

Not that they dont ask for it here, just that when they do they ultimately end up offering me to spare their arse instead :)

Civilians doesn't know the art of bribing a army men :P

People who give bribes are equally responsible for corruption as the bribe takers are. Thankfully I don't break the law.

Although once this mentally challenged cop approached me in my car because my headlights weren't properly working and told me he would fine me if I didn't cough up some money. After I refused he said I'll never be seen in this city again, then we started cussing and I slapped him. He got me arrested but thankfully I know a few people in the police so everything was settled in the end.

Yeah.. Being an Indian I also Paid bribes :-

1) For Passport, Local Police and Local intelligence unit both took their share
2) After Marriage, Paid bribe to judge/lawyer/clerk for marriage certificate. They were holding it for long time.
3) Worst ever bribe I paid was to give 20 Rs to school clerk to get my scholarship cheque of some 800 Rs.

I am so surprised at Indian members who can count on their fingers how many times they paid bribe in their lives. Not really saying anyone is lying, but my life might be different.

I can't remember how many times I paid bribe... every step - Traffic Police, All the licensing Authorities (motor driving to company registration to weapon possession - everywhere), or Solving a dispute, even getting the degree from the university (it's not fake, and not even mine lol they won't release it timely so had to pay them under the table)... you name it and I paid it... except for my passport - I was too young and too idealistic then, got my passport within the prescribed duration and without paying a single penny - had to run around and fight a lot though.

But now, anyone asks for bribes... I got no qualms whatsoever! Vo bhi khush... hum bhi khush :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom