What's new

Have you ever paid bribe?

People who give bribes are equally responsible for corruption as the bribe takers are. Thankfully I don't break the law.

Although once this mentally challenged cop approached me in my car because my headlights weren't properly working and told me he would fine me if I didn't cough up some money. After I refused he said I'll never be seen in this city again, then we started cussing and I slapped him. He got me arrested but thankfully I know a few people in the police so everything was settled in the end.

You slapped a police officer and you say you never broke the law..hehe..that was funny..

Never paid a bribe (yet)... never know when I might have to. Mostly I get good jugaad to work around things... so far so good.

are you not south asian?

Ive never done anything wrong.. Even if i did.... i paid the fine instead of offering bribe.

P.S=Our traffic warden,highway police or the motorway police guys arent corrupt.

Ive never done anything wrong.. Even if i did.... i paid the fine instead of offering bribe.

P.S=Wardens arent corrupt.....Nor our highway or motorway police......

you dont deserve to be south asian

A south asian is a great creature which skips fines and pays bribe....

Pakistani Nationalist go Back.... Dont impose western culture in the yound mind of south asians.... :tdown:

Yea, reluctantly at first - when I had just gotten to India from US and Europe but now I consider it part of life.

Nope.......never did anything wrong........except once violated a red light by mistake.......and the kind hearted traffic warden let me go...... coz of me being a student.

many times you dont even do anything wrong but they still ask for bribe, so there is a difference between fine and bribe.

People who give bribes are equally responsible for corruption as the bribe takers are. Thankfully I don't break the law.

Although once this mentally challenged cop approached me in my car because my headlights weren't properly working and told me he would fine me if I didn't cough up some money. After I refused he said I'll never be seen in this city again, then we started cussing and I slapped him. He got me arrested but thankfully I know a few people in the police so everything was settled in the end.
here you go, that is the difference, if people like me dont know anybody, they will face all sort of problems, so they pay some money to spare themselves of other problems. the culture of bribe should be blamed.

Unfortunately yes.. many times small bribes..

In INDIA i.e.. Not in Pakistan you don't need a police certificate, neither pay bribes. You just go to the electronic window, wait your number, furnish the docs and the fee and have a mugshot taken. Ol' Pervez M. did do a few good things!

The Police part becomes necessary because they need to ensure no criminal cases are pending against you.

Its not exactly a Good Conduct certificate.

Back
Top Bottom