What's new

Have you ever been cheated by a shopkeeper ?

Well.wisher

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hello,
Im asking this question cause i do get cheated by the shopkeepers in quetta , pakistan oftenly . They sell so expensively to me .. and i am so unable to argue cause when i argue i fear people will watch me with weird stares and that shopkeepers will misbehave ... cause thats what they do here in quetta . These pathan shopkeepers are so ill mannered ( sorry.. i dont meant to all pathans but am talking about the shopkeepers ) . One of them sold 100 thing for 350 :( .. nd i was unable to argue ... that time i realised im easy to get fooled by the shopkeepers .
How to deal with them ? Im scared to shop alone and that is why i shop along with my mother .. When im with mother , my mother argues a lot and is succesfull at managig discount , she buys 180 thing for 120 .. nd 50's thing for 30 ..
So i just wanted to satisfy myself , is there anyone else like me who gets cheated ?
And why do these pakistani shopkeepers stand on your head , its like they r forcing u to buy their goods. They dont have manners or ' lehaz ' . When you enter their shop , they will open their goods and commodities very speedlyjust to show you that they r dojng a lot 4 u so u would be forced to select . . .

These shopkeepers in quetta are so badtameez .. duhh .. @Fawad Masīd

I didn't get cheated but I did play a little game with one of my local shop keepers where I gave him more change than what was needed and did not say anything, I wanted to see if he would give the correct change back. But alas he did not, I have never shopped there again!

Sorry, probably not very relevant to your example, but I do like to play games with my fellow humans and in my experience, most humans would certainly try to rip you off/cheat you whenever they get the opportunity to do so.

Last edited:
Hello,
Im asking this question cause i do get cheated by the shopkeepers in quetta , pakistan oftenly . They sell so expensively to me .. and i am so unable to argue cause when i argue i fear people will watch me with weird stares and that shopkeepers will misbehave ... cause thats what they do here in quetta . These pathan shopkeepers are so ill mannered ( sorry.. i dont meant to all pathans but am talking about the shopkeepers ) . One of them sold 100 thing for 350 :( .. nd i was unable to argue ... that time i realised im easy to get fooled by the shopkeepers .
How to deal with them ? Im scared to shop alone and that is why i shop along with my mother .. When im with mother , my mother argues a lot and is succesfull at managig discount , she buys 180 thing for 120 .. nd 50's thing for 30 ..
So i just wanted to satisfy myself , is there anyone else like me who gets cheated ?
And why do these pakistani shopkeepers stand on your head , its like they r forcing u to buy their goods. They dont have manners or ' lehaz ' . When you enter their shop , they will open their goods and commodities very speedlyjust to show you that they r dojng a lot 4 u so u would be forced to select . . .

hahah come to azad kashmir they will rip you off too. They hate it if you expose thier prices and you say you can get it cheaper in England all the way from China, delivered to your door.

Your city need shopping malls.. No cheating or Bargaining after that.
We do have shopping malls .
Your city need shopping malls.. No cheating or Bargaining after that.

Kia karaachi wale sirf hyperstar hi jaatay hin shopping k liye .. wo b to saddar ka chakar lagate hin jis trha hum dawood ya kat piece jate hin ..

Or janaab qta k malls me b be imaani chlti ha bht ..
Sorry, probably not very relevant to your example, but I do like to play games with my fellow human and in my experience, most humans would certainly try to rip you off/cheat you whenever they get the opportunity to do so.
What if i tel, u ..
I realised this thing when i started going a lot for shopping .. oh yes , humans are a lot cheaters and hungry for money .
Pakistan ki qoum shaoiab a.s ki qoum ban chuki ha .. har taraf tijaarat me be imaani .

Hello,

Corruption Corruption and Corruption.

The state/government should sanction the affordable cost of commodities. This is what happens when you have a mafia driven private sector enjoying corruption. It trickles down to the very bottom and stays there till the very DNA of the people become immune to it.

And on a side note.

Next time have a market check to determine the actual price and show the middle finger to the weird strange creeps staring and desperately enjoying a normal conversation.

Always remember that you are the buyer and not a forced buyer in the market.

I usually say ' itne mehnge aaloo aap khud hi khayen koi sasti sabzi bataen '

hahah come to azad kashmir they will rip you off too. They hate it if you expose thier prices and you say you can get it cheaper in England all the way from China, delivered to your door.

Kuch in pe b qaanoon laago hony chaiyen .. had ha .. har taraf aag lgai hui ha .

I didn't get cheated but I did play a little game with one of my local shop keepers where I gave him more change than what was needed and did not say anything, I wanted to see if he would give the correct change back. But alas he did not, I have never shopped there again!

Sorry, probably not very relevant to your example, but I do like to play games with my fellow human and in my experience, most humans would certainly try to rip you off/cheat you whenever they get the opportunity to do so.

excellent trick i did this with my cousins now i know they are not trustable, i offered them phones, shaver, flashlights, watches. After they received the goods i never got a phone call again but i was happy because now i know thier hearts. These assoles also use fear to get you into buying things or ripping you off. pakistan needs to do price control, it is ridiculous, especialy when you have shopkeepers claiming armani brand comes to pakistan first then london which i burst out laughing and said okay i walked out of the shop. They claim they pay vat tax etc.

Watch out for your cousins they are just as dirty as the shop keepers. it is advantage if you know how to diy and repair things bascially you have mechanical and electronic skills you wont be ripped off you will catch them out.

Corruption Corruption and Corruption.

The state/government should sanction the affordable cost of commodities. This is what happens when you have a mafia driven private sector enjoying corruption. It trickles down to the very bottom and stays there till the very DNA of the people become immune to it.

And on a side note.

Next time have a market check to determine the actual price and show the middle finger to the weird strange creeps staring and desperately enjoying a normal conversation.

Always remember that you are the buyer and not a forced buyer in the market.

I usually say ' itne mehnge aaloo aap khud hi khayen koi sasti sabzi bataen '

Actually there r many ways to force the customer .. just like when u enter their shop they will keep opening their maaal. Dhara dhar khush ikhlaaqi nd maal nichawar krna .. nd when u refhse at last or dont buy and leave .. you will heare them cursing you behind .

I still cant forget my 350 :( ..its hjrting my mind .. why did i get cheat .

So you are here on a defense forum to discuss , namak , aata, daal , mirchi rates?.
Im discussing honesty of this nation ' s shopkeepers ..

Ham tu us biryani wale dhond rahay hain Faraz,
Jisnain hamain gadha biryani bakra bana ker khilai thi.

sir na biryani ki ghalti
na faraz ki
na bechne wale ki
gadhay ki bhi ghalti nahi

ab aap batayen ghalti kiski?

ghalti hui corruption ki. jo food mafia ki nazar hai. sub standard edibles provide great business.

these land mafias do not buy the crops from the poor farmers till it starts rotting. then they simply buy the stuff for less than half the amount. add the chemicals and have them sold to industrial scale manufacturing.

same patwari logic
same result

ghareeb awaam ki thukai

Actually there r many ways to force the customer .. just like when u enter their shop they will keep opening their maaal. Dhara dhar khush ikhlaaqi nd maal nichawar krna .. nd when u refhse at last or dont buy and leave .. you will heare them cursing you behind .

I still cant forget my 350 :( ..its hjrting my mind .. why did i get cheat .

Im discussing honesty of this nation ' s shopkeepers ..

you're a female try screaming, he put the price down.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom