What's new

have Japanese forgotten the bombing of WWII?

chharoonahmad

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hi

Many countries in Europe have fought many bitter wars with each other. But as far as I know they don't really care about those animosities of the past anymore. Well, you know what I'm saying. Perhaps it is because of the unbiased study of the history in those countries and they understand their own faults. The thing which is very rare in our beloved and unfortunate country, Pakistan.

Likewise, Japan shares very good relations with the USA. Although it was the US which atom bombed its two cities. A very terrible event indeed. But what's reason(s) in your opinion that these countries are quite friendly to each other now?

Just as a side topic if we take India and Pakistan they are still stuck in the past. What could the reasons for that?

Please don't hijack this thread. If you want to spread hate and cast aspersions on each other then I humbly request you to start your own thread. If you want to contribute productively then you are more than welcome and I offer my thanks to you.

Regards
Haroon

PS: Would someone please move this thread to World Affairs section?

Hi

Many countries in Europe have fought many bitter wars with each other. But as far as I know they don't really care about those animosities of the past anymore. Well, you know what I'm saying. Perhaps it is because of the unbiased study of the history in those countries and they understand their own faults. The thing which is very rare in our beloved and unfortunate country, Pakistan.

Likewise, Japan shares very good relations with the USA. Although it was the US which atom bombed its two cities. A very terrible event indeed. But what's reason(s) in your opinion that these countries are quite friendly to each other now?

Just as a side topic if we take India and Pakistan they are still stuck in the past. What could the reasons for that?

Please don't hijack this thread. If you want to spread hate and cast aspersions on each other then I humbly request you to start your own thread. If you want to contribute productively then you are more than welcome and I offer my thanks to you.

Regards
Haroon

PS: Would someone please move this thread to World Affairs section?

India Pakistan are not stuck in the past. The bitter relations if Pakistan & India is due to unsolved dispute of Kashmir, Japenese have no disputes with Americans. Beleive it or not Pakistan & India will remain enemies till they ignore their main core issue, all peace progress will go invain.

The reason is Pakistan denying its core identity, i.e. South Asian.

It denies its Hindu roots. The political Islam aka Abrahamic religions can never mingle with the Dharmic religions in the Indian Sub Continent. Pakistan finds its solace in the Arab identity. They think that Arab=True Islam.

One historian has correctly said, 'Islam is Arab Nationalism'.

Pakistan hasn't been able to grasp that it can adhere to its own culture, its own roots at the same time follow an outside religion.

It needs to look up to Bangladesh in that aspect.

If Islam is "Arab Nationalism" where do you place Turkey, which is a Muslim country with 99%? And why do Pakistanis like Turks more than Arabs, Btw the feeling is mutual of course.:pakistan:

The reason is Pakistan denying its core identity, i.e. South Asian.

It denies its Hindu roots. The political Islam aka Abrahamic religions can never mingle with the Dharmic religions in the Indian Sub Continent. Pakistan finds its solace in the Arab identity. They think that Arab=True Islam.

Pakistan hasn't been able to grasp that it can adhere to its own culture, its own roots at the same time follow an outside religion.

It needs to look up to Bangladesh in that aspect.

Pakistan never denied being a South Asian nation.

did that historian also explain that how islamic ottomans had ruled arabs for centuries?

why they didnt get "arabized" and lose their identity?

islam acknowledges that people have nations they belong to but it rejects the hardcore nationalism..

all turkish ultras-racists use the statement of that historian but fortunately they are considered as idiots here...

did that historian also explain that how islamic ottomans had ruled arabs for centuries?

islam acknowledges that people have nations they belong to but it rejects the hardcore nationalism..

all turkish ultras-racists use the statement of that historian but fortunately they are considered as idiots here...

That is the point.

The Turks maintained their identity. Same is not the case with other Muslims say Pakistanis. They reject their identity and some consider themselves to be Central Asians, some Turkish and some Arabs. They try to immitate them. Arabic is the National Language of Pakistan:azn:

Islam was formed in the time of empires. The Ottoman Turkish Empire as we call remained Turkish and That is why it maintained its identity, whereas People who were converted by Islam, Persians, Afghan Buddhists, Hindus in the Northwest India lost their identity unlike the Turks. As I said, these Converts are considered Second Hand Muslims by the Arabs. Even the same for the Turks:lol:

The Arabs think they are "Pure Muslims". Hence Arab Nationalism.

Probably because Ottomans ruled the Arabs. Same with the Persians, their empire included Arabia. So clearly there is this sense of cultural arrogance

However Islam was brought in North-West India (now Pakistan) by an Arab invader, Pakistanis consider him their hero

For Turkish Nationalism, Turkey was one of the First to embrace the Nation State.

Thank those idiots for What Turkey is today, The people who still dream of an Islamic Empire ..cough..cough..Islamic Ummah..cough..cough are the Most Backward on the Planet Today:whistle:

Alas! They fail to grasp the idea of a Nation State.

Japanese decided to show Americans that they are not just good in wars but in everything. Hence they decided to forget enmity and forged a friendship; Barring the economy crisis, Japan today is the most advanced country on this planet in such a way that many US cities don't even come close to what each Japanese city is. Standard of life, awareness, education, work ethic, national character... you name it and Japanese have it all.

Despite staying in the most hostile and geographically unstable part of the world (the tectonic belt that has maximum volcanos and joining earth plates) and despite facing disaster after disaster, they have proven that they are still the best no matter what others say. In a way, Japanese engaged US to protect her simply so that it could defeat US and the rest of West combined in terms of national development.

You really think this sort of a situation is possible here? Come on, mate. Be serious.

That is the point.

The Turks maintained their identity. Same is not the case with other Muslims say Pakistanis. They reject their identity and some consider themselves to be Central Asians, some Turkish and some Arabs. They try to immitate them. Arabic is the National Language of Pakistan:azn:

Islam was formed in the time of empires. The Ottoman Turkish Empire as we call remained Turkish and That is why it maintained its identity, whereas People who were converted by Islam, Persians, Afghan Buddhists, Hindus in the Northwest India lost their identity unlike the Turks. As I said, these Converts are considered Second Hand Muslims by the Arabs. Even the same for the Turks:lol:

you are overly concentrating on arab nationalism.we as turks were using arabic alphabet(added some turkish letters) and there was nothing wrong in it.actually i wish we could use it today..being muslim comes first in turkey too.

losing identity is a long story..today turks all wearing like the west,eating like the west ,consuming like the west etc etc
losing identity is different but transforming is different..so we cant claim that persians lost their identity since the main identity of a muslim is being muslim.

and today we are talking about indian democracy,whose identity is that? indian?

That is the point.

Pakistan is a South Asian nation but our Identity is Islam and it is the reason we are a nation. Qauid-e-Azam, Allama Iqbal etc had no doubt about it and we want to have good relations with other nations but for this they have to accept that we are a separate nation and are definitely not a part of this "Grand South Asian nation".

Regarding what Arabs think about us. Its the internal problem of MUSLIM UMAH.

For Turkish Nationalism, Turkey was one of the First to embrace the Nation State.

Thank those idiots for What Turkey is today, The people who still dream of an Islamic Empire ..cough..cough..Islamic Ummah..cough..cough are the Most Backward on the Planet Today:whistle:

Alas! They fail to grasp the idea of a Nation State.

islamic ummah is a conscious of all muslims..deal with it..btw just 100 years ago,most oil fields were belong to us,westerners came and took them from us and left us this "nation-state"..

Back
Top Bottom