What's new

Hashemi will return to Iraq if fair trial is guaranteed

Doritos11

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
BRUSSELS - Fugitive Iraqi vice president Tareq al-Hashemi, sentenced to death on murder charges, said Thursday he would return home if the EU could help guarantee him a fair trial.

"My case is politically motivated and the charges are absolutely fabricated," Hashemi told a press conference in Brussels.

"Nevertheless, I now express my readiness to return to Baghdad immediately ... in (the case) the EU guarantees a fair trial," he said.

Hashemi, a Muslim leader, was charged in 2011 with a series of murders of senior officials, including judges and lawyers, the day after US forces withdrew from Iraq.

He was tried in absentia the following year and sentenced to death.

Hashemi came to Brussels at the invitation of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the European Parliament.

Hashemi spoke to journalists and several MEPs in a nearby press centre, arguing that the situation in Iraq under Prime Minister Nuri Al-Maliki was now worse than before the overthrow of dictator Saddam Hussein.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone wonders why Turkey took him in, Tareq al Hashimi is from the Islamic party, on the same lines with the Muslim brotherhood - Morsi - Erdogan -Qatar.

Hashemi, a Muslim leader, was charged in 2011 with a series of murders of senior officials, including judges and lawyers, the day after US forces withdrew from Iraq.

If anyone wonders why Turkey took him in, Tareq al Hashimi is from the Islamic party, on the same lines with the Muslim brotherhood - Morsi - Erdogan -Qatar.

@xenon54 Why would the AKP hide a known terrorist? that all adds up to what I'm saying in the other thread....

Last edited by a moderator:
@xenon54 Why would the AKP hide a known terrorist? that all adds up to what I'm saying in the other thread....

There you got your answer, im not backing AKP or Erdogan, i fact im against him.
Our discussion in other thread is about Turkey-AQ...

Last edited by a moderator:
There you got your answer, im not backing AKP or Erdogan, i fact im against him.
Our discussion in other thread is about Turkey-AQ...

my point is that AKP does support criminal and killers... thus I don't understand you backing the AKP and saying it does not support ALqaeda...

you need to understand that I have nothing against the Turkish people...

it is just the AKP supporting terrorists in Syria

He is terrorist and he will get away like Aiham al samarae who stole billions nobody get them trial many politicians have bank accounts in London or Switzerland they go trips to Paris enjoy their life with iraqi people money iraqi people go to schools made of mud in rich country

He is terrorist and he will get away like Aiham al samarae who stole billions nobody get them trial many politicians have bank accounts in London or Switzerland they go trips to Paris enjoy their life with iraqi people money iraqi people go to schools made of mud in rich country

Everyone in parliament deserves execution anyway, so does Tareq.

Everyone in parliament deserves execution anyway, so does Tareq.

Indeed these terrorists in parliament some of them work for mullah regime and for al Qaeda they fund terrorism at the same time stealing Iraq money they keep people busy in sunni shia fight to cover their failed and corrupted rule they didn't save water or electricity or security the people still have no clean water or good schools.
Nobody in iraqi government work for the country all of them work for foreign agenda and their backet they own big bank accounts and hotels in London Paris Switzerland

Back
Top Bottom