What's new

Has Defense Minister pulled off a coup in Rafale Offset Contract?

It may make sense for Pakistan to simply import. India prefers to co-develop where necessary using its RnD personnel and friendly countries and then indigenise and produce locally to benefit from the economies of scale and genuine knowhow.
Yes we all have seen the result of this .
I mean should we have told ISRO that theres no point in reinventing the wheel? Is this what you guys told SUPARCO? Look at the difference in achievements today.
Stay on topic or open another thread SUPARCO VS DRDO
When I said made from scratch, I meant main structure wise + main manufacturing + assembly...and referring to the locally built batch of 140. Of course the engine was sourced from Russia along with a few other components from various countries....mostly licensed. You are seriously going to quote some person on Quora? Specific titanium alloys were produced and ordered in bulk by Russia so it made sense to import these raw bulk materials cheaply rather than source from elsewhere (and it was probably written into the original contract as a sort of offset for Russia if you will)....but the main cost comes in their fabrication and assembly (main value addition) which was done in India.
You know cocaine and other medicine helps relaxing but in India case illusion and chest thumping any ways if you have any facts or important thing to add other wise its just a waste of bandwidth.

Stay on topic or open another thread SUPARCO VS DRDO

The point is the concept applies. Ask yourself why Pakistan filed 16 patents in the USPTO and India around 3300.

One has limited tech cloning capability at best, the other actively is developing its RnD,,,in the military sphere or otherwise.

If you just pass it off as chest thumping, then too bad....you will be stuck in the well.

The point is the concept applies. Ask yourself why Pakistan filed 16 patents in the USPTO and India around 3300.
Again you are trying to derail the thread its not about Pak patents its about Rafale offset investments .
If you just pass it off as chest thumping, then too bad....you will be stuck in the well.
What i can say about DRDO VS SUPARCO ,Any ways back to thread ,Offset clause are for Rafale

Again you are trying to derail the thread its not about Pak patents its about Rafale offset investments .

Well you are making the assertion that India has routinely failed in absorbing and indigenizing ToT it acquires from elsewhere on top of what it produces by itself. The numbers seem to suggest otherwise and a clear visible trend. Compare whats being done this decade to the last decade....compare last decade to the decade before that and so on.

What i can say about DRDO VS SUPARCO ,Any ways back to thread ,Offset clause are for Rafale

We are going in circles and you are a good guy, so lets agree to disagree and let some others comment so we may approach from a new angle potentially so we may all learn something out of it.

BTW its ISRO, not DRDO that I mentioned.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom