What's new

Haryana cops to drop Persian, Urdu words from FIRs

:D shukar ha Taj Mahal Haryana main nahi ha.

by the way what if they started purifying architecture

Ziaul Haq introduced Saudi interpretation of religious beliefs in Pakistan which considers constructing memorial/building over a grave as grave worshiping. Shukr hai Taj Mahal Pakistan mein nahi hai, warna wahan kitne bomb blasts ho chuke hote.

i am speaking on basis of reality. You can prove that was my imagination

Sorry, its your pure imagination.

i don't see anything wrong in getting rid of foreign influence in our culture

Good step by Hariyana.

Also I have seen people gradually using Hindi language font using on various websites and ignoring English.

Also Mumbai,Odisha,Kolkata,Chennai,Thiruvananthapuram,Ashok Road etc old names coming back so people are indeed waking up from colonial hangover.

This is a good sign for India or Bhaarat.

Those kind of changes happen everywhere and are completely inevitable.

The Urdu Pakistanis generally speak contains lots of mistakes in pronunciation, often mixing it with local Punjabi slangs or words.

sanskrit already has hundreds of legal and administrative terms.the muslim invaders had replaced those words with persian and arabic words.In telugu we have drawn all the legal and administrative termonology from sanskrit itself.words like muddhaai,jaameen are few and far between.I would request all my north indian govts to get rid of any persian vocabulary which is still lingering and replace them with sanskrit .even srilanka and nepal rely only on sanskrit if they want to create a new word

sanskrit already has hundreds of legal and administrative terms.the muslim invaders had replaced those words with persian and arabic words.In telugu we have drawn all the legal and administrative termonology from sanskrit itself.words like muddhaai,jaameen are few and far between.I would request all my north indian govts to get rid of any persian vocabulary which is still lingering and replace them with sanskrit .even srilanka and nepal rely only on sanskrit if they want to create a new word

This Naaarth Indian agrees here.

Sanskrit/Hindi should come back.People have forgot all administrative Hindi.Also I guess the local language can be used as optional as well.

Yes i call it baggage,The complainant should understand what is being written in the FIR and what he intends to complaint in the FIR.Whats the use of terms if the victim cannot understand and only a select few understand how is that going to help a uneducated person who wants to file an FIR?We are supposed to make it easy not make it exclusive and complex.
There is also sanskrit names in biology which makes it even simpler than latin,then would you use sanskrit? since its older than latin?
What history are you talking about?Some invader invades and forcibly makes you learn his language you call it your own?
Let's see this in the present scenario how many speak urdu, i doubt many south indians know hindi at all.Forget writing FIR in urdu or persian they wont understand if you wrote FIR in hindi,in this case its better for them to use the local language being spoken so that every one can understand the contents of the FIR.
:facepalm

You missed the point. That is why you are assuming that I wanted Sanskrit to be used for biological terms because it is old. I am just saying there is nothing wrong in following conventions like latin names. If they say something about the history, then so be it. Btw the terms used in FIR are not that hard to understand. If the problem is really about hard legal terms, then it is a different matter. But I bet the terms which will replace the current ones will be some Sanskrit tongue twisters, because that is what seems to be happening in other places also. Just listen to DD news and try to understand words like adhiveshan and ghosahana.

:facepalm

You missed the point. That is why you are assuming that I wanted Sanskrit to be used for biological terms because it is old. I am just saying there is nothing wrong in following conventions like latin names. If they say something about the history, then so be it. Btw the terms used in FIR are not that hard to understand. If the problem is really about hard legal terms, then it is a different matter. But I bet the terms which will replace the current ones will be some Sanskrit tongue twisters, because that is what seems to be happening in other places also. Just listen to DD news and try to understand words like adhiveshan and ghosahana.

There is much wrong in using Latin names ............Its elitist and the objective is to keep the commoners out of that exclusive club. It also helps to propagate the stereotypes as Latin being the language of knowledge. Its history come from the fact that in earlier ages, it was the christian church which controlled the flow of science and Latin was its preferred language.

Terms used in the FIR must be language of the common man, not of the elite. There is no question of the language being 'not that hard to understand'. It should be EASY to understand otherwise it fails in its primary objective i.e. note down the complaint of the common man.

All Indian languages have 50% or more Sanskrit in it. Hardly a tongue twister for people who know their mother tongue.

Its much ado about nothing.

You could replace Persian as much as you want, only if you realize that Sanskrit has been introduced in India by the same (Indo)Iranian people who invaded India, and that the language is closely related to Persian.

In any case, you will still use a non-Dravidian (original Indian) language.

You could replace Persian as much as you want, only if you realize that Sanskrit has been introduced in India by the same (Indo)Iranian people who invaded India, and that the language is closely related to Persian.

In any case, you will still use a non-Dravidian (original Indian) language.

Sigh another Aryan Invasion theory shill.

Surenas you definitely can do better than this.

Sigh another Aryan Invasion theory shill.

...ya I was itching to reply .....:P

I believe the old Grantha script for Tamil had plenty of Sanskrit in it. The current Vatteluttu script purged a lot of Sanskrit by rooting out Vadamoli and Thisaimoli. Correct me if I am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom