What's new

Harish Rawat confirms Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand

NEW DELHI: Uttarakhand chief minister Harish Rawat has confirmed reports of an incursion by Chinese troops in the Chamoli district of the state.

"The good thing is they(Chinese) have not touched an important canal there," Rawat told ANI on Wednesday.

"This is a matter of concern. Our border has been peaceful. We have asked to increase vigilance. I am sure the central government will take cognizance of the issue," Rawat said.

According to ANI, the ITBP on July 19 sent a report to the ministry of home affairs about the incursion in the state by Chinese forces.

Kiren Rijiju, minister of state for home affairs, said that the government will have to ascertain whether it was an intrusion or not. "The government will seek a report on it," Kiren Rijiju said.

Uttarakhand shares a 350-kilometre-long border with China.

Chinese troops have made several intrusions into Uttarakhand in the last few years.

About 250 China's People's Liberation Army soldiers had entered Arunachal Pradesh 's east district of Kameng in June this year.

Significantly, the Chinese crossing-over in Arunachal happened at a time when Beijing had hardened its opposition against India's bid for membership of the 48-member Nuclear Suppliers Group.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...rsion-in-Uttarakhand/articleshow/53413393.cms

Someone share what is written , I can't view it due to Ad blocker

Done.

Is there any thing new here? Like always we won't give a strong response.
images

Last edited:
"About 250 China's People's Liberation Army soldiers had entered Arunachal Pradesh+ 's east district of Kameng in June this year."

Let me have a heart to heart with Indians who keep on blabbering about those sneaky American "pilotless" drones inside Pakistan. Here you got around 250 PLA soldiers camping inside your controlled territory. Imagine if American troops from Afghanistan have crossed over into Pakistan and stayed? How does this "actual" violation of sovereignty feels like? I want to know. :pop:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom