What's new

Happy Nowruz everyone ! Promote Love & Peace ! happy new year !

I know. :) But be careful anyway, not that you step on a tank mine this year. :P

It's finished by now and I'm safe. We had a relatively heavy rainstorm in Tehran that sabotaged many people's plans for fireworks, I'm sure it was sent by God. :lol:

2 people already killed all over the country and few injured. One of them fell from a rooftop after a hand grenade landed beside him on the roof!!

It has gotten much better now, in past years, it'd be a real war scenario.

I call these kinds of actions sheer stupidity, Some people have turned an ancient ritual in to a battlefield. People have lost their lives and those hot headed young boys only feel the remorse when they cut off or burn a part of their bodies.
Yeah it really is stupidity, we also did stupid things in our puberty but you gotta be a special kind of brain dead idiot to throw a fvcking Handgrenade at people. :disagree:

Last edited:
Yeah it really is stupidity, we also did stupid things in our puberty but you gotta be a special kind of braind dead idiot to throw a fvcking Handgrenade at people. :disagree:

It's not intentional of course, that's the problem. You see random small (mostly non dangerous) explosive material thrown by people, but some idiots may also throw hand grenades and along the way, it may cause an accident or hurt someone.

Police is acting harshly to prevent these actions and it has reduced significantly and hopefully it will disappear in few years and the ritual will go back to its original form, simply lighting fires and gathering around it or jumping over it.

It's not intentional of course, that's the problem. You see random small (mostly non dangerous) explosive material thrown by people, but some idiots may also throw hand grenades and along the way, it may cause an accident or hurt someone.
Intentional or not, one does simply not throw a Handgranade unless he is in war or military training, those are the only purposes of a Handgranade, not celebrating anything with it, shrapnels can still hit someone even if you throw it in a empty field, its simply a lethal weapon and not a firework which is already dangerous enough in idiots hands.

I mean everyone above the age of 7 should be capable of comprehending this simple fact, but we live in a region where thousands of people died because of gun shootings in weddings... :disagree:

Norowuz is originally a Zoroastrian holiday. In the Islamic Republic of Iran, government offices and schools close for two weeks during Norowuz, whereas they close for 1 day during Eid Al Fitr, and 1 day during Eid Al Adha (Eid Qurban). That's why our friend @LoveIcon is getting two weeks off. This is the original Haft Seen as per the Zoroastrian tradition.

017eceb93d0e995d9f700f5303e1fd06.jpg

Last edited:
I call these kinds of actions sheer stupidity, Some people have turned an ancient ritual in to a battlefield. People have lost their lives and those hot headed young boys only feel the remorse when they cut off or burn a part of their bodies.

Its exactly the same in the Netherlands. There are already political groups calling for the abolishment of free selling of fireworks due to nuisance. Plus every year during thew year dozens of people get badly injured, maimed and even killed due to heavy fireworks. Seems like an international trend.

Back
Top Bottom