What's new

Happy Diwali...& 10 Exotic Indian Desserts You Must Try This Diwali

To all the Indian folks on here.

I hope you guys have a very nice day with your families and plenty of fun!

Lots of fireworks going off in my surrounding area, which has a very large Indian community (Gujis). :p:

To all the Indian folks on here.

I hope you guys have a very nice day with your families and plenty of fun!

Lots of fireworks going off in my surrounding area, which has a very large Indian community (Gujis). :p:

report them to police to put a dampener on their celebrations.

Then Stay living in Darkness :)

Then get ready for fire =D

1_Kaju-Barfi.jpg

A moment to remember

Yesterday in the office we had a function to celebrate Diwali. I went there and found an Australian lady and an Indian fellow sitting around three beautiful dishes of sweets. I took some Barfi and sat with them. In couple of minutes another European lady came in and asked, which sweet is the best. I told her to go for Barfi as it was the best and as she took her first bite, I told her that this is the unique sweet in which we put cat's milk to enhance flavor. She stopped eating and was about to throw-out when Indian fellow jumped in and said, no no what are you saying, we don't put cat's milk and it is made with cow milk. Trying to look honest, I told Indian fellow that we shouldn't hide this aspect and turned toward the lady and said "sniff it and tell me does it not smell like wet kittens"? For few moments, felt like everybody in the room has seen a snake, until I couldn't control myself explored in laughs :D.

1_Kaju-Barfi.jpg

A moment to remember

Yesterday in the office we had a function to celebrate Diwali. I went there and found an Australian lady and an Indian fellow sitting around three beautiful dishes of sweets. I took some Barfi and sat with them. In couple of minutes another European lady came in and asked, which sweet is the best. I told her to go for Barfi as it was the best and as she took her first bite, I told her that this is the unique sweet in which we put cat's milk to enhance flavor. She stopped eating and was about to throw-out when Indian fellow jumped in and said, no no what are you saying, we don't put cat's milk and it is made with cow milk. Trying to look honest, I told Indian fellow that we shouldn't hide this aspect and turned toward the lady and said "sniff it and tell me does it not smell like wet kittens"? For few moments, felt like everybody in the room has seen a snake, until I couldn't control myself explored in laughs :D.
:woot:

lol....you were talking about firecrackers and now, when you ran out of arguments you bring in human sacrifice....
Like all other religions, there were many evil practices in Hinduism but we've evolved, according to our constitution we regard those practices as evil/unlawful now....
Blind followers of the faith still engage in such illegal activities but they're booked and punished under the Indian Penal Code unlike in Pakistan, where medieval/barbaric religious practices are regarded as the 'Law of the Land' like killing for so called 'blasphemy' etc.
All the religions of the world has evolved except Islam, it is still as savage, barbaric, nefarious, illogical as it used to be during the medieval periods.....

Due to your religious upbringing which has closed your mind, you're unable to grasp the concept that, the psychological benefits you get(like relieving your mental stress, rejuvenating) by submitting yourself to your god, we get the same benefits by submitting ourselves to our god.......
When we're burning firecrackers, we're celebrating the defeat of evil and in a way, submitting ourselves to the will of our god which gives us mental peace, relieves our stress and rejuvenates us.....

LMAO, that is your argument?.....walking keeps people healthy, so performing Hajj keeps people healthy...:lol:
I can say, the tradition of burning firecrackers keeps me healthy because I walk to the shop to buy firecrackers...:lol:

On a serious note, burning firecrackers has both negative and positive sides......
If you're thinking about pollution, NO, that's not the main drawback because, compared to emission from cars and factories which happen throughout the year, the emission from firecrackers is insignificant.......
The main drawback used to be sound pollution, but, with the introduction of strict laws limiting the sound level below a certain limit(firecrackers emitting sound above the limit is banned), the menace of sound population has been tackled to a huge extent....
Regarding the positive side, it has been found that, burning firecrackers, especially the once that make sound kills insect like mosquitoes and keeps their population in check......

Since yesterday he was giving pain in a$$, you nailed him hard.. I was annoyed of mental clog and stupid arguments..

Back
Top Bottom