What's new

Happy belated Birthday Indischer Bhai :D

Tehzeeb tau yaqenan mashoor hay.... Per highlighted lafz yahan per ziada passand nahi kiya jata, yahan per issay Imambargah kehtay hein.

Hmm . . i guess i know the reason. but yaha mujhe aaj tak faraq nahi pata chala.

@Indischer, I love carnatic music, though can't understand the lyrics.

What?! :woot: How is this possible? I mean, was it a chance encounter with carnatic music or are there people who teach it in Karachi?

Almost all the lyrics are from Dravidian languages. One reason why it isn't widespread even in North India.

Apko kaisay pata mujhey Sindhi bhi atti hay? In ke elawa Siraki aur Punjabi ke kuch aur dialects.

Karachi wale hain, toh maine assume kiya ki Sindhi zaroor seekhi hogi. Waise, Sindhi Schools me compulsary hoga na?

Saraiki kitna alag hai Sindhi se?

Happy Birthday @Indischer . God bless.
Thanks Bhai!:cheers:

What?! :woot: How is this possible? I mean, was it a chance encounter with carnatic music or are there people who teach it in Karachi?

Almost all the lyrics are from Dravidian languages. One reason why it isn't widespread even in North India.

This is because Hindustani classical music has relation with Carnatic music, many of it's ragas are modified version of carnatic scales/ragas... No one teaches Carnatic classical music here, only Hindustani classical music (known here as classical music) is taught.

Karachi wale hain, toh maine assume kiya ki Sindhi zaroor seekhi hogi. Waise, Sindhi Schools me compulsary hoga na?

Saraiki kitna alag hai Sindhi se?

Asal mein Karachi wallon ko Sindhi kam he aati hay...... Compulsory hay lakin interior Sindh mein, Karachi mein nahi.... Mujhey pakka pata nahi, meray School mein Sindhi nahi the.

Siraki aur Sindhi mein ziada farq nahi hy.. Sindhi bolnay wala Siraiki jaldi seekh jata hay.. Siraaiki ke kafi types hein, one spoken in South Punjab is different from one spoken in parts of Sindh.

Hmm . . i guess i know the reason. but yaha mujhe aaj tak faraq nahi pata chala.

Koi farq nahi..... Aik he cheez hein donoon.... Bara doesn't sound good, according to my school friend.

This is because Hindustani classical music has relation with Carnatic music, many of it's ragas are modified version of carnatic scales/ragas... No one teaches Carnatic classical music here, only Hindustani classical music (known here as classical music) is taught.

Asal mein Karachi wallon ko Sindhi kam he aati hay...... Compulsory hay lakin interior Sindh mein, Karachi mein nahi.... Mujhey pakka pata nahi, meray School mein Sindhi nahi the.

Oh! Mujhe iske baare me pata nahi tha.:eek: Yeh sarasar galat baat hai. Sindh me jo bhi rahta hai, usi Sindhi seekhni padegi.:feminist:

And yes, many of Hindustani ragas are modified from Carnatic. It's even said that the Mridangam was the inspiration behind the creation of Tabla by Amir Khusro. At home, my mom has learnt quite a bit of both Hindustani and Carnatic. I tried my hand at tabla, but alas, I'm not musically gifted. :)

Oh! Mujhe iske baare me pata nahi tha.:eek: Yeh sarasar galat baat hai. Sindh me jo bhi rahta hai, usi Sindhi seekhni padegi.:feminist:

And yes, many of Hindustani ragas are modified from Carnatic. It's even said that the Mridangam was the inspiration behind the creation of Tabla by Amir Khusro. At home, my mom has learnt quite a bit of both Hindustani and Carnatic. I tried my hand at tabla, but alas, I'm not musically gifted. :)

Mera School Karachi mein nahi tha na - I was sent to a boarding School situated miles away from Karachi, for the very reason I am not sure whether Sindhi is taught or not.

Nice to know that you hail from a family that knows the most melodious form of the music :tup:

Mera School Karachi mein nahi tha na - I was sent to a boarding School situated miles away from Karachi, for the very reason I am not sure whether Sindhi is taught or not.

Nice to know that you hail from a family that knows the most melodious form of the music :tup:

Okies, I have a few friends here from karachi. They all can speak Sindhi, but they always prefer to communicate in Urdu.

And how about you? Tried your hand at music?:-)

bade bhai yaha zara kartawya palan kar do :(

Pre Emptive Air Strike on SU30MKI bases | Page 8

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom