Viet

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
  • By Jung Min-hee
  • November 21, 2018, 11:31

26744_37838_2945.png

Hanwha Group chairman Kim Seung-youn will vist Vietnam to attend a completion ceremony for a factory built by Hanwha Aerospace Co.

Hanwha Group chairman Kim Seung-youn will visit Vietnam for the first time in seven years since his tour to Southeast Asian countries, including Ho Chi Minh, in 2011.

According to Hanwha Group on Nov. 20, Kim will leave for Hanoi, Vietnam, to attend a ceremony on Dec. 5 to mark the completion of a plant built by Hanwha Aerospace Co., an aviation and defense unit of Hanwha Group.

Hanwha Aerospace, a manufacturer of fighter plane and helicopter engines, is the only company that can produce gas turbine engines in South Korea. The company started construction of its aircraft engine parts production plant in Hoa Lac Hi-tech Park (HHTP) near Hanoi, Vietnam, in July last year and is about to begin operation in earnest. It is planning to increase its engine component production capacity and win orders through its Vietnamese plant.

http://www.businesskorea.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=26744

@Indos

Even after years of development and hundreds of millions of USD spending the KFX fighter jet only exists on paper. Why not invite Vietnam to the project? The new Vietnam plant will produce aircraft parts much cheaper plus with the help of Vietnamese engineers the jet would take off in 5 years :tup:

@Indos

Even after years of development and hundreds of millions of USD spending the KFX fighter jet only exists on paper. Why not invite Vietnam to the project? The new Vietnam plant will produce aircraft parts much cheaper plus with the help of Vietnamese engineers the jet would take off in 5 years :tup:
True, all small countries should stay together and making good engine to compete wt US-Russia-CNs one.

Otherwhile, we will have to keep buying engine from US Russia CN

True, all small countries should stay together and making good engine to compete wt US-Russia-CNs one.

Otherwhile, we will have to keep buying engine from US Russia CN
Putting more small contries together won’t make sense if they lack technology and money. I think Korea is a perfect technology partner. VN has the people and the scale. Maybe the plant will produce complete engines. Hanwha makes gas turbines. Good when other VN companies copy it.its a new game.

upload_2018-11-22_10-2-22.jpeg

@Indos

It is a great news for Vietnam. :-)

Yep, KFX/IFX will use engine from General Electric. If I am not mistaken Hanwa is producing jet engine under license for T 50 Golden Eagle and Korean F 16. I dont know whether they will produce General Electric F 414 (used by F 18 Superhornet) under license which is an engine chosen for KFX/ IFX.

If the Korean produce it under license it will be a great news for South Korean. And if the Vietnam factory produces part of F 414 engine, it means Vietnamese will become a contributor to the KFX program as well, and it should make Vietnamese proud.

With this new development, with of course the green light from US, do you think Vietnam AF will be interested with KFX ? I think you might order this fighter instead of Russian 5 generation, let say after 2026 around 32 plane inshaALLAH.....

Putting more small contries together won’t make sense if they lack technology and money. I think Korea is a perfect technology partner. VN has the people and the scale. Maybe the plant will produce complete engines. Hanwha makes gas turbines. Good when other VN companies copy it.its a new game.

View attachment 521189
German,JP can lead the group and choose the suitable members to make a good fighter engine.

It is a great news for Vietnam. :-)

Yep, KFX/IFX will use engine from General Electric. If I am not mistaken Hanwa is producing jet engine under license for T 50 Golden Eagle and Korean F 16. I dont know whether they will produce General Electric F 414 (used by F 18 Superhornet) under license which is an engine chosen for KFX/ IFX.

If the Korean produce it under license it will be a great news for South Korean. And if the Vietnam factory produces part of F 414 engine, it means Vietnamese will become a contributor to the KFX program as well, and it should make Vietnamese proud.

With this new development, with of course the green light from US, do you think Vietnam AF will be interested with KFX ? I think you might order this fighter instead of Russian 5 generation, let say after 2026 around 32 plane inshaALLAH.....
Hanwha produces engine parts for all three major turbine makers: GE, PW and RR. So or so Vietnam will become partner to the project.but I don’t think Vietnam will buy Kfx. I see Vietnam will only supply parts. Russia is Vietnam’s traditional partner so we will most likely buy Russia fighter jets. Su35 or so. Probably F35 fighter too to ease US concerns.

https://en.theleader.vn/us200-milli...arts-factory-kicked-off-20170922072617387.htm

Hanwha produces engine parts for all three major turbine makers: GE, PW and RR. So or so Vietnam will become partner to the project.but I don’t think Vietnam will buy Kfx. I see Vietnam will only supply parts. Russia is Vietnam’s traditional partner so we will most likely buy Russia fighter jets. Su35 or so. Probably F35 fighter too to ease US concerns.

https://en.theleader.vn/us200-milli...arts-factory-kicked-off-20170922072617387.htm

Good for Vietnam, Vietnam is very lucky with this investment while here in Indonesia we dont have such partner that can give such high tech technology.

The core technology of turbo jet engine is metallurgy secret that make the turbine blade and nozzle can withstand very high temperature heat. In Indonesia, we are struggling with this technology, thats why we havent launched RX 550 rocket yet, even though we have done static test since 2011. There is a problem with nozzel material.

Turbine engine for aircraft also contained a lot of titanium, luckily in here Indonesia we have factory that produces titanium. We also start processing our nickle instead of just exporting it and has aluminium producer. In order to make turbine engine for aircraft we need to merge those material (titanium, nickle, aluminium) and make superior metal from it, this is that we havent done yet :undecided:

Good for Vietnam, Vietnam is very lucky with this investment while here in Indonesia we dont have such partner that can give such high tech technology.

The core technology of turbo jet engine is metallurgy secret that make the turbine blade and nozzle can withstand very high temperature heat. In Indonesia, we are struggling with this technology, thats why we havent launched RX 550 rocket yet, even though we have done static test since 2011. There is a problem with nozzel material.

Turbine engine for aircraft also contained a lot of titanium, luckily in here Indonesia we have factory that produces titanium. We also start processing our nickle instead of just exporting it and has aluminium producer. In order to make turbine engine for aircraft we need to merge those material (titanium, nickle, aluminium) and make superior metal from it, this is that we havent done yet :undecided:
Vietnam will just assemble the components. They will not be getting any technology from korea.

Vietnam will just assemble the components. They will not be getting any technology from korea.
If only cheap labor then why the Koreans don’t go to Cambodia? Besides one small car maker Thanh Cong, Vietnam hasn’t any real domestic car industry one year ago. Now with Vinfast Vietnam has a full production chain including all eco systems. That will happen to aircraft industry.

What Vietnam needs is a bit of technology transfer plus a company that takes the risk.

Vietnam will urge the Kimchi folks to share technology I am pretty sure.

Many countries can make nuclear weapons but actually only a handful countries can make aircraft engines. Not a shame if Indonesia can’t make it.

If only cheap labor then why the Koreans don’t go to Cambodia? Besides one small car maker Thanh Cong, Vietnam hasn’t any real domestic car industry one year ago. Now with Vinfast Vietnam has a full production chain including all eco systems. That will happen to aircraft industry.

What Vietnam needs is a bit of technology transfer plus a company that takes the risk.

Many countries can make nuclear weapons but actually only a handful countries can make aircraft engines. Not a shame if Indonesia can’t make it.
Are you serious right meow. Why on earth the "kimchi" folk give any of their technology to vietnam? They gain nothing by doing so. The truth is they just doing it to cut cost.

FYI vietnam never made anything. Your car are just rebranded opel.

Some guys just hope VN keep staying in third world nations wt them. SO, pls just dont waste your time, bro. Everything is just our first step now.

Why a country like VN stay in the third world for so long ? its bcs of many wars and sanction from US-JP-CN-EU till 1990 after Soviet collapse. many countries having no war but still staying third world and can not make a simple engine just bcs there r too many stupid guys in their countries. Thats it.

Some guys just hope VN keep staying in third world nations wt them. SO, pls just dont waste your time, bro. Everything is just our first step now.

Why a country like VN stay in the third world for so long ? its bcs of many wars and sanction from US-JP-CN-EU till 1990 after Soviet collapse. many countries having no war but still staying third world and can not make a simple engine just bcs there r too many stupid guys in their countries. Thats it.
Since when stating the facts is "keeping vn down." You guys just going to assemble parts for the koreans to make an engine with.

You will not going to make a single plane turbine.

Since when stating the facts is "keeping vn down." You guys just going to assemble parts for the koreans to make an engine with.

You will not going to make a single plane turbine.
DO u realize that its a deal bween VN and SK ??

and u can do Nothing when SK wanna sell her tech in cheap price to VN ??

Back
Top Bottom