What's new

Half a Million Jobs Lost as Textile Crisis Hits Pakistan's Economy

you ever had chance to visit ludhiana (alot of pakistani business man comes) we have huge garment industry
Nops,
Never been to India. :)

In a downturn where the volume is down the low cost producers will survive (everything else equal)
automation helps in that kind of environment
Automation, YES
Vertical setup in a scenario where everything is crashing, NO

Plus it is the stitching department that can really use some automation now. Others (spinning,weaving and dyeing/processing) are pretty much addressed already.

Hahah right. Maybe we both can start online textiles course on PDF.

Need to boost our exports man. :D
Hahahha!
That will be great, the course idea i mean. :)

Working on the that boosting exports these days. :D Though it is a bit tough given the current market environment. Allah Russians ko hadaait dy!! :P

Investor's mind set is almost similar everywhere. Active governments turn that setup and in inactive states it remains same ancient.
I had been importing Pakistani Denim products, and I know how much headache it is when dealing with variations due to manual productions, specially scraping and washing affects.
By going just one level up, for example to Kevlar, not only the negotiations with customer becomes easy but also shoots the profit margin many times up.
Well in denim, the processing of scraping and washing effects is manual in most cases by requirement/choice. The variations are considered the charm in Denim. So unless you are having issues of different qualities (which should not be the case if you are working with some decent company) it should not be a problem.

Kevlar is again something that our people have little to no understanding of. I do agree that once someone takes that step and start working in some specialty item the results are usually great but then again, it remains a gamble and as long as people are earning something from the basic products they wont be really willing to take that risk. You need someone with an innovative approach to take that step and there are not many who like this in the business.

I am from Punjab but frankly speaking, I think the Karachi industry is much more open to trying new things and may be someone there can start this trend.

Nops,

Automation, YES
Vertical setup in a scenario where everything is crashing, NO

you can slow done the decline if you control retail outlets
some of the high end clothing is being sold at 5x and 10x mfg costs

you can slow done the decline if you control retail outlets
some of the high end clothing is being sold at 5x and 10x mfg costs
That is the sales and distribution setup!
Not covered by a vertical integrated production facility.

We cannot compare our export prices with the end retail price. The Curtain pair is am selling in 14 $ a pair have a price sticker (as per requirement of store) of 50 US$ on it. That that is not a high value product, go into high end fashion products and garments and the products are being sold at 5x to 10x as you said.

10 years from now most garments factories will get automated. Raymond in India plans to cut 10k jobs and bring in automation in place of people. So China investing won't cut it at all. What will help will investments in research in to new fibres which can then be leveraged to get a lead from competitors. Setting up a fibre research centre would be very helpful.
you still need an energy source for these industries to dun. I think we have all been complacent. i think we should have thought out of the box inbstead of relying on the Government. If we are now suffering and blame an inefficient government what have we done to safeguard our interests specially as the industrialists along with the landed gentry are the most corrupt whern it comes to paying taxes.
A

Back
Top Bottom