What's new

HAL to display new chopper models at India Aviation show

Rahul9090

Reaction score
Country
India
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), a public sector undertaking under the ministry of defence, will be showcasing its achievements in the civil aviation sector at India Aviation 2014, scheduled to be held in Hyderabad from March 12.

The Navaratna-status company will be displaying the models of advanced light helicopter (ALH, VIP version), multirole transport aircraft (MTA), Dornier and light utility helicopter (LUH). The focus is also on HAL airports at Bangalore and Nasik, the company said in a press release on Tuesday.

HAL's Bangalore Airport has a runway of 3.3 kilometre in length and 61-metre width, which is capable of handling aircraft of Boeing 747 class. The new airport terminal at HAL Ozar Airport in Nasik, inaugurated recently, has a runway with night landing facility and has an apron for parking six passenger aircraft.

Aircraft fuel cost at Ozar is likely to be less compared to Mumbai due to difference in taxation, which would be a major advantage to any airline, HAL said.

HAL to display new chopper models at India Aviation show | Business Standard

VIP Version??
Reduced seating capacity in the cabin but far more comfortable:

Dhruv_VIP.jpg

Even get a DVD player!

P6032680.JPG

Nice !! ALH VIP class should be made mandatory for all state dignitaries. Nothing on heavy class helo? ts time HAL should start working on future models. of ALH class.
HAL have never said they are working on a heavy class helo the IMRH work was started (no idea where that project is) but this is a medium class helo.

HAL have never said they are working on a heavy class helo the IMRH work was started (no idea where that project is) but this is a medium class helo.
They are looking for a foreing partner since 1 or 2 years and still have not found it,in short no progress has been made yet.

ohhhh you right! I meant the IMRH only. HAL needs to forge collaboration with indian universities for developing future tech for helis.

ohhhh you right! I meant the IMRH only. HAL needs to forge collaboration with indian universities for developing future tech for helis.
HAL does not have any experience in designing these class of helicopters nor any universities thats why they are looking for a foreing partner for this particular project to avoid delays.

HAL does not have any experience in designing these class of helicopters nor any universities thats why they are looking for a foreing partner for this particular project to avoid delays.

Yes, I am not denying the need to hire a consultant for IMRH development. I am talking about developing technologies at sub system level that can go into designing future helis. Noise reduction systems, avionics, navigation, rotor blades, aerodynamics, CFD tools etc. ISRO has RESPOND program that funds university research. DRDO is now actively participating with universities. I don't see such efforts from HAL.

Noise reduction systems, avionics, navigation, rotor blades, aerodynamics, CFD tools etc.
All these systems HAL could quite easily do in-house (and has with the ALH, LCH and LUH). As @jarves says, HAL has exactly zero expertise in a medium class help and neither does anyone else in India, to ensure this doesn't turn into a decade long struggle they really do need to tie up with a foreign player- Sikorsky or Airbus Military would be my first choices.

Back
Top Bottom