What's new

HAL to build 8, then 12, Tejas fighters each year

What does "Tejas" mean? I get a giggle every time I read it because in Spanish it means "Texas". Is your fighter named after the Great Lone Star State?

Firstly, Tejas means Radiance or Brilliance.

Secondly, you're reading it wrong. It's not to be spelt as TeYas or TeHas(like MeHico). The J is as in 'Jug'.

Tejas is plural of Teja which is inspired from Indian movies.

Teja (film director) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Elite Member showing HIS Tejas! :cheesy:

We need 125 by 2020 to reeplace all the bisons

from these
mig-21iaf10.jpg

to these

2234776.jpg

We need 125 by 2020 to reeplace all the bisons

from these
mig-21iaf10.jpg

to these

2234776.jpg

Not really. Not all the Bisons are slated to be replaced by Tejas. Why do you think the Rafale is also up for induction? And its not even on a one for one basis.

What does "Tejas" mean? I get a giggle every time I read it because in Spanish it means "Texas". Is your fighter named after the Great Lone Star State?

I had this discussion with the Indians several months back. Now, I call it the texas fighter.

This is an extremely slow production rate.

4 in 2014
6 in 2015-16
9 in 2016-17

If we consider it till 2017 end than a total of 19 Tejas wil be manufactured in 4 years from Now.

I believe shortage of funds is also not the issue as in JF-17 case than why the production rate projected is so slow?

Rate is slow as it is to be developed further as per inputs from different users. Remember it is Mk-I we are talking about and Mk-II needs incorporation of ergonomic and technical feedback from the users, the young pilots who will fly them in various roles.

This is an extremely slow production rate.

4 in 2014
6 in 2015-16
9 in 2016-17

If we consider it till 2017 end than a total of 19 Tejas wil be manufactured in 4 years from Now.

I believe shortage of funds is also not the issue as in JF-17 case than why the production rate projected is so slow?

This is how production usually happens. 'Peak' would be about 20 a year. It took us over a decade to get the full strength of Sukhois inducted. The first batches actually came in 1995-96

Tejas is plural of Teja which is inspired from Indian movies.

Teja (film director) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah. You are right. We are producing bandits for you!:cheers:

This is how production usually happens. 'Peak' would be about 20 a year. It took us over a decade to get the full strength of Sukhois inducted. The first batches actually came in 1995-96

Correction. 1st batch was of 1995-96 production but was inducted only by 1999-2000 period. They were then enhanced to MKI standards. Earlier were MK.

Yeah. You are right. We are producing bandits for you!:cheers:

Correction. 1st batch was of 1995-96 production but was inducted only by 1999-2000 period. They were then enhanced to MKI standards. Earlier were MK.

Yes, including the non MKIs (that were later upgraded), it took some 12-15 years achieve full nos.

Back
Top Bottom