What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
J20 will take at least 10 years for IOC.

First flight January 2011. IOC in 2017. J-20 would take longer than J-10 did because J-20 is more complex, despite being developed with more advanced CAD.

First flight January 2011. IOC in 2017. J-20 would take longer than J-10 did because J-20 is more complex, despite being developed with more advanced CAD.

It will exceed 2024 minimum with all the problems to be solved.

Testing new airframe is not butter my friend.

It will exceed 2024 minimum with all the problems to be solved.

Testing new airframe is not butter my friend.

J-10 took 5 years from first flight to IOC. J-20 would take 6 years from first flight to IOC.

J-10 took 5 years from first flight to IOC. J-20 would take 6 years from first flight to IOC.

j10 is Israeli design .Israel sold design to China.
z-10 is designed by Russians.

I am saying original design take more years.I am not discouraging chines.But facts are facts.

If they succeed in j-20 project then nothing can stop them.

j10 is Israeli design .Israel sold design to China.
z-10 is designed by Russians.

I am saying original design take more years.I am not discouraging chines.But facts are facts.

If they succeed in j-20 project then nothing can stop them.

J-10 is nothing like Lavi. J-10 is an F-16 sized plane. Lavi was a much smaller plane by comparison. Anyhow, J-20 prototype 2011 is very close to the production standard.

J-10 is nothing like Lavi. J-10 is an F-16 sized plane. Lavi was a much smaller plane by comparison. Anyhow, J-20 prototype 2011 is very close to the production standard.
I am not talking about size am talking about airframe and aerodynamic configuration.

They'll be manufactured I think by next year. SP-3 and SP-4 will be the first two operational Tejas as part of the No 45 Daggers squadron. They'll be manufactured I think by the time J-20 is operational.

It suppose to finish by end of March. Mostly delayed by a month or two. Not next year.

And this is LCA sticky thread, only speak about it only.

As of now SP-1 is already for ground run and SP-2 in final stages of being assembled (Status of SP-1 and SP-2)

@sancho how much time will it take to go airborne after ground run?

J10 is Lavi my frnd.. It was tested airframe..

And I was just born yesterday my frnd.. Do some research before posting anything..

This is not some Tom-Dick or Harry thread, It is dedicated thread, here visit experts...

Last edited:
As of now SP-1 is already for ground run and SP-2 in final stages of being assembled (Status of SP-1 and SP-2)

@sancho how much time will it take to go airborne after ground run?

Not sure, depends on how fast they can get through the tests and requirements of IAF.

iahfre4t.jpg

If Saab can aim on a mini EF and benefit from developments and off the shelf parts, why don't we benefit from a similar "simple" approach and aim for a mini Rafale? Off the shelf-, co-developed- or co-produced parts to speed up developments and ease operations in IAF, rather than complicating everything and increasing costs?

iahfre4t.jpg

If Saab can aim on a mini EF and benefit from developments and off the shelf parts, why don't we benefit from a similar "simple" approach and aim for a mini Rafale? Off the shelf-, co-developed- or co-produced parts to speed up developments and ease operations in IAF, rather than complicating everything and increasing costs?

if we do that we will never make a radar or irst on our own.

the basic purpose of lca was development of technologies,if we are sourcing almost all critical things from abroad and retrofitting them here,what will we achieve?
although i agree if we can't develop these on time then no point in delaying the project.

if we do that we will never make a radar or irst on our own.

As earlier discussed, the one has nothing to do with the other! We can develop the radar, IRST or engines DE-LINKED from the fighter project itself, or aim them on projects with a more realistic timeframe (Mig 29K upgrades, AMCA), or simply use tech demo versions for development of techs. That however doesn't mean that the serial production fighter should be dependent on other developments with high risks of delays and cost increases.
Not to mention that it would be a huge burden for IAF, if the only commonality between Rafale and LCA, would be the Litening pod (also no indigenous tech).

We have to aim on more efficiency and commonality, to speed up indigenous projects as well es improve the defence of the country!

As earlier discussed, the one has nothing to do with the other! We can develop the radar, IRST or engines DE-LINKED from the fighter project itself, or aim them on projects with a more realistic timeframe (Mig 29K upgrades, AMCA), or simply use tech demo versions for development of techs. That however doesn't mean that the serial production fighter should be dependent on other developments with high risks of delays and cost increases.
Not to mention that it would be a huge burden for IAF, if the only commonality between Rafale and LCA, would be the Litening pod (also no indigenous tech).

We have to aim on more efficiency and commonality, to speed up indigenous projects as well es improve the defence of the country!

I agree,but do we actually have any irst development of any sorts?

Drdo aesa?is it totally non-salvagable?

If yes it would be good what u are suggesting but I don't think dassault will agree to this.

But ur scenario will make iaf 4-5 more potent than current levels in a few years and I like that prospect.

With only one caveat-we need to focus dedicated teams for aesa and irsw and develop it at least before amca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom