What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post clearance, the LCA will now take several flying missions and after that it will have to obtain its Final Operational Clearance (FOC) to be finally inducted into operational service, which is likely to happen by the end of 2012, Ministry officials said.

The IAF has plans to deploy the aircraft at one of its bases in Bangalore to do away with the "teething problems" in association with its designers and manufacturers, both of whom are based out of Bangalore.

Now the IAF intends to induct two squadrons in IOC mode by the middle of 2011. The IAF had first placed the orders for 40 LCAs in March 2005.

The first 40 LCAs will be powered by the American General Electric GE-F404 engines. A total of 99 such engines are to be purchased under the deal with General Electric. IAF also has plans to induct five more squadrons (100 aircraft) in the coming years but with a more powerful engine, the announcement for which came in 2009.

The IAF may ultimately have around 200 LCAs (10 squadrons) in its fleet,

IAF inducts Tejas, the first indigenous LCA - Hindustan Times

India's LCA moment arrives
Jan 10, 2011, 03.57am IST

Article

Tags:Tejas|Light Combat Aircraft|Indian Aerospace Industry|AK Antony

BANGALORE: At 10.30am Monday, all eyes will be trained on Bangalore's skies as India's first homegrown aircraft powers out on its maiden journey. The indigenous Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), vilified for more than 20 years, will take off on completely Indian wings and many prayers.

It will be a historic moment for the Indian aerospace industry and a proud day for aerospace city Bangalore.
Defence minister A K Antony, his ministry, the defence top brass and a battery of aerospace experts will witness the launch at the HAL airport. The aircraft, costing Rs 17,000 cr, will be flown by an IAF test pilot and is likely to be in the air for 20-35 minutes.

India's first supersonic fighter aircraft, though nurtured in Bangalore, will be flying on an American engine. Bangalore is central to its development —the aircraft was conceived, designed, developed, tested and certified by Aeronautical Development Agency, and manufactured and assembled by HAL.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Indias-LCA-moment-arrives/articleshow/7250410.cms

Post clearance, the LCA will now take several flying missions and after that it will have to obtain its Final Operational Clearance (FOC) to be finally inducted into operational service, which is likely to happen by the end of 2012, Ministry officials said.
]

Why IAF need 2 long years for Final operational clearance?

Only Angle of attack+ BVR integration is left , right?

Any experts please?

Why IAF need 2 long years for Final operational clearance?

Only Angle of attack+ BVR integration is left , right?

Any experts please?

Engine integration is also there.. for the 414s.

So have they got clearance or will it be announced after the air show?

Bl00dy hell..Twisting the words..
All he said was that LCA is not upto GRIPEN-NG now..But it will become at par and even better it..:angry:

yea! even i heard in Newsx just now ,and all he said that its not upto Gripen NG STANDARD BUT IT WILL BE COMPARABLE OR EVEN BETTER SOON..oh!!aroor ji this is the limit of non sense.:angry:

Also it means Goodbye to Gripen NG ..:

414 are going to be used on MARK 2 so why don we need to do that for FOC of mark 1?
mark 1 is going to use 404 only as far as i saw and heard in news.

414s could even find its way in Mk1..

A total of 100 mk1s with 414s .. well i am not sure.. but lets hear it from experts.

414 are going to be used on MARK 2 so why don we need to do that for FOC of mark 1?
mark 1 is going to use 404 only as far as i saw and heard in news.

I think for FOC, it will be,

1. BVR integration with the Elta Radar and its extensive trails.

2. Angle of attack

3. Orientation training programmes and simulation training for pilots.

4. Checking the fighter in dog fights with other fighters, i.e Mig-21, 29 & Mirage200H.

5. Accurate bombing mission trails with GBs (by IAF)

Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom