What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tejas Mk.1 trainer just took to the air, I wonder how many are needed for the 40 odd Mk.1s being inducted till the newer aircraft comes along?

That is not the question I asked. But thank you.
They have ordered 2 Sqds of Tejas thus 4 twin seated/trainers would be needed. PV-6 is final configuration so may be 3 more of same config.

They have ordered 2 Sqds of Tejas thus 4 twin seated/trainers would be needed. PV-6 is final configuration so may be 3 more of same config.

That is what I ask. So essentially, there are to be 4 trainers for the Mk.1.. and then there will be another development for the Mk.2 to serve as a trainer?

That is what I ask. So essentially, there are to be 4 trainers for the Mk.1.. and then there will be another development for the Mk.2 to serve as a trainer?
That's right though there will be similarities.

The Tejas Mk.1 trainer just took to the air, I wonder how many are needed for the 40 odd Mk.1s being inducted till the newer aircraft comes along?

newer aircraft?

A decade away at the very least. Even design will take 3 more years. (Assuming you are talking about the Tejas mk2 which is exists only in theory).

They have ordered 2 Sqds of Tejas thus 4 twin seated/trainers would be needed.

Not necessarily, the squads with 18 fighters included 2 trainers, LCA squads however will include 20 fighters, so 2 more trainers per squadron are possible.

21 is standard config of IAF squadrons.

18+2+3

Operational-Training-Reserve/Maintainence/Overhaul

Not necessarily, the squads with 18 fighters included 2 trainers, LCA squads however will include 20 fighters, so 2 more trainers per squadron are possible.
Possible. Those 2 extra aircrafts may be taken as reserve too. They keep some reserves per sqds if available, right?

Possible. Those 2 extra aircrafts may be taken as reserve too. They keep some reserves per sqds if possible, right?

Reserve fighters should be dedicated orders that will be put in storage or so, but not part of a squadron order and there were considerations in IAFs aim on M-MRCA single / twin seat ratio too, although the initial idea was 16 single + 2 twin seaters. If I'm not wrong the LCA's rear seat will be similar to the front one, so it's not just about being a trainer but a proper twin seat multi role fighter.

Recently news came about exporting LCA to the nation (who will buy 5th gen fighter jet ) in the lead in trainer category .LCA which is 4.5 gen fighter can be consider as 5+ gen trainer aircraft. In 2012 Germany showed interest in buying tejas in lead in trainer category.
Apart from this india can export LCA to isreal as it is going to induct it's 1st 5th gen f35 jets

Recently news came about exporting LCA to the nation (who will buy 5th gen fighter jet ) in the lead in trainer category .LCA which is 4.5 gen fighter can be consider as 5+ gen trainer aircraft. In 2012 Germany showed interest in buying tejas in lead in trainer category.
Apart from this india can export LCA to isreal as it is going to induct it's 1st 5th gen f35 jets

German Luftwaffe didn't, German part of EADS now Airbus did, as part of a team up to develop a trainer, but we didn't went for it.
Israel has already selected a new trainer:

Alenia Aermacchi rolls out first M-346 Lavi for Israel - IHS Jane's 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom