What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
See above.

But when an important Milestone is achieved, it is certainly a time for celebration. If you do not want to celebrate, it is your choice.

That's the point, it is "a" milestone, but nothing was "achived" so far. It is just "a" step ahead, but nothing compared to the timeframe of the development, or when you look how far comparable fighters went in the same time.
There is still a long way to go and instead of wasting time for celebrations, we must keep focusing on getting it done finally and into operational service!

Last edited:
PV 1 was planned to be fitted with Kaveri. (it is said that with Kaveri, Lca will be able to perform 80% of flight envelop)

LSP 7 and LSP 8 were planned to be handed over to IAF.

Pl read this post.

LCA News & Discussions | Page 417

From which point you got assumption that 1 mach = 1067 KMPH
In ideal earth atmospheric condition speed of the sound is near about 1225 KMPH which turn 1 mach

That's the point, it is "a" milestone, but nothing was "achived" so far. It is just "a" step ahead, but nothing compared to the timeframe of the development, or when you look how far comparable fighters went in the same time.

They were certainly not their first fighter. All A/C have taken 2 decades to develop. We not only develop fighter but infrastructure as well.

There is still a long way to go and instead of wasting time for celebrations, we must keep focusing on getting it done finally and into operational service!

It is we who celebrates. We are not into the LCA development so our celebration do not hamper or wasting of time in LCA development. AOA increased to 24*. you should appreciate that.

From which point you got assumption that 1 mach = 1067 KMPH

Wiki says Top speed of tejas 1.8 Mach (1920 Kmph)

Pl see.

Performance

Ajai shukla quoted 1.6 mach (1699 KMPH) speed achieved.

ok so thats Mk2 from HAL, any idea if they will actually go for bigger touchscreen display, if SAMTEL eventually proposes it?

That's and ADA specboard, but most likely will have HALBITs displays, just not the bigger touchscreens, which should be aimed on FGFA instead.

That's and ADA specboard, but most likely will have HALBITs displays, just not the bigger touchscreens, which should be aimed on FGFA instead.

I dont know why I am mixing up things here:frown:...yes HALBIT displays. or may be AMCA I guess, if they ever make it.

I dont know why I am mixing up things here:frown:...yes HALBIT displays. or may be AMCA I guess, if they ever make it.

Yes, as I said some days ago, it would be logical to go for commonality between FGFA and an AMCA (just like commonality between Rafale and LCA MK2 would make sense) if we want to develop it and a similar cockpit would be more than logical. But we have HAL on the one side, responsible for FGFA and ADA/DRDO that want to make AMCA their own baby and might insist on own cockpit layout => more costs + more time :(

Yes, as I said some days ago, it would be logical to go for commonality between FGFA and an AMCA (just like commonality between Rafale and LCA MK2 would make sense) if we want to develop it and a similar cockpit would be more than logical. But we have HAL on the one side, responsible for FGFA and ADA/DRDO that want to make AMCA their own baby and might insist on own cockpit layout => more costs + more time :(

They wont try to create a diaplay for AMCA as that would be completely out of box, a box which will never close! FGFA might get the touchscreen ones as I guess and AMCA too. As per MK2, I remember from the pic I posted, it said cockpit NG, so its for 5th gen planes and that sits there perfectly.

ADA as I know will have its hands full in designing a perfect 5th Gen plane in terms of aerodynamics and not to forget engine! If you look at the current AMCA, its not so much of a plan form design if what I think so they have a lot of work in that area.

ADA as I know will have its hands full in designing a perfect 5th Gen plane in terms of aerodynamics and not to forget engine! If you look at the current AMCA, its not so much of a plan form design if what I think so they have a lot of work in that area.

No doubt about that, we only have very basic plans so far, far away from anything that could be fielded as a prototype. But then again, the reason is, that they see it as an own development that needs to be completely different and don't want to benefit from FGFA in form of shared parts.
With Gripen selected in Brazil, I bet that there will be a 5th gen fighter developed by Saab & Embraer earlier than an AMCA from ADA/DRDO.

With Gripen selected in Brazil, I bet that there will be a 5th gen fighter developed by Saab & Embraer earlier than an AMCA from ADA/DRDO.

That was something out of the blue:lol: I guess Brazilian's are cash straped now so the decision was in favor of Gripen, though they preferred Rafale.

Regarding AMCA its too early to guess what ADA has in mind, but its not difficult to judge that they will have very 'limited' help from FGFA considering our share is merely at softer aspects. I just know think anybody as a partner is good for AMCA too. Talk about Israel oe France they always have some issues and delays+delay from our side not to forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom