What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
1002493_10151657572198071_771956729_n.jpg

Tejas' over the Jaisalmer Fort.

So when ready by 2016 or 2018. Will it be powered by F-18E/F engines???

I am really looking forward of IAF acquiring 200 Rafaels, may be directly from France and may be some IJTs and AJT from France and Italy too....

I think the technical people who want to shelve this unattainable project are patriotic. In my opinion, Tejas should be abandoned along with its engine Kaveri. But, the experience the technical team has gained so far should be transfered to develop a completely new jet.

However, considering the history of building jet engines in the past by the westerners that took them a COMBINED 200 years or more, it can be said that no amount of Indian effort will give it a reliable engine within a short space of time. Internal metallurgy of a jet engine seems to be quite complex. Many trials and failures are needed over a long time to acquire such a knowledge.

So, it is ok if India keeps on developing a jet engine of its own, but Indians should not expect this engine to be reliable in a war zone. It is wiser for India to get outside help to design not only the frame of a new platform but also how to incorporate functional avionics in it.
well dont worry about tejas and owr money spent on it we are not asking for your expert opinion or financial help for the security of owr nation

now about tejas we dont see any immidiate threat and whatever is there we already have enof to counter it and we are building owr economy and defences side by side

late or very late tejas is owr baby and we wont kill it just because its late deal with it it is going to have a very power full american egine producing 98 KN and will have an Israeli ASEA and EW suite + all ISRAELI, FRENCH and Russian air to air missiles and LGBs

Good luck

I never liked this aircraft but from past few weeks I have started admiring this little aircraft. there are few issues here and there but those can be ironed out over time.

Few days back I couldnt stand the sight of lca but I started watching it fly over Bangalore skies I would run to roof to catch a sight of this tiny bird. Its our baby and I like it. Now I have high expectations from mk2 hope we wont get disappointed. good luck Lca!

I never liked this aircraft but from past few weeks I have started admiring this little aircraft. there are few issues here and there but those can be ironed out over time.

Few days back I couldnt stand the sight of lca but I started watching it fly over Bangalore skies I would run to roof to catch a sight of this tiny bird. Its our baby and I like it. Now I have high expectations from mk2 hope we wont get disappointed. good luck Lca!

I see a potential winner in LCA. It offers a lot in its early stage of development. I see this bird bringing wonders for us in next 10 years of time. I see it carrying almost same load as its weight or even more. I see it developed in low observability aircraft. I see it a aircraft pilot want to go to war with. I see its full potential exploited in MK 3 version. I see it as the test bed of many new aerodynamics wonders to come from India. We are mastering technologies one by one. AESA is next and then Kaveri 10. I see a new MMRCA in making in light Tejas.

I just read the news that long range missile was fired from LCA tejas.

Good going Tejas

The Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas, during its new outstation trails, operated successfully by carrying and releasing ‘long range beyond visual range weapons’.

Images released by the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) for the design and development of the LCA programme showed the Tejas carrying the weaponry.

“Tejas carries long range beyond visual range weapons, with highly agile high off-bore-sight missiles to tackle any close combat threat. A wide variety of air-to-ground munitions and an extremely accurate navigation and attack system allow it to prosecute surface targets over land or at sea, giving the Tejas true multi/swing role capability,”stated the ADA.

Recently, defence minister AK Antony had asked the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the ADA to strictly adhere to the planned schedules for Initial Operational Clearance (IOC-2) of the LCA by end of 2013 and Final Operational Clearance (FOC) by end of 2014 to ensure the aircraft’s timely induction in the Indian Air Force (IAF).

The LCA programme has been in development mode for more than two decades and the aircraft, which has since 2004 completed 2,278 test flights, is yet to attain clearance to be inducted into the IAF. Two years ago, the LCA programme was to be given an IOC, signalling that it has crossed the first hurdle to join the IAF. But it was only granted partial clearance (IOC-1). At an IOC ceremony on January 10, 2011, in Bangalore, the then chief of air staff, Air Chief Marshal PV Naik, expressed his displeasure over the aircraft, stating that it was only ‘partially complainant’ and that to meet the air force’s requirement, it would need several refinements. Hence an IOC-2 and FOC has been planned before its induction.

http://www.dnaindia.com/bangalore/1876531/report-lca-tejas-closes-in-on-the-iaf

The Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas, during its new outstation trails, operated successfully by carrying and releasing ‘long range beyond visual range weapons’.

Images released by the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) for the design and development of the LCA programme showed the Tejas carrying the weaponry.

“Tejas carries long range beyond visual range weapons,
with highly agile high off-bore-sight missiles to tackle any close combat threat. A wide variety of air-to-ground munitions and an extremely accurate navigation and attack system allow it to prosecute surface targets over land or at sea, giving the Tejas true multi/swing role capability,”stated the ADA.

Recently, defence minister AK Antony had asked the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the ADA to strictly adhere to the planned schedules for Initial Operational Clearance (IOC-2) of the LCA by end of 2013 and Final Operational Clearance (FOC) by end of 2014 to ensure the aircraft’s timely induction in the Indian Air Force (IAF).

The LCA programme has been in development mode for more than two decades and the aircraft, which has since 2004 completed 2,278 test flights, is yet to attain clearance to be inducted into the IAF. Two years ago, the LCA programme was to be given an IOC, signalling that it has crossed the first hurdle to join the IAF. But it was only granted partial clearance (IOC-1). At an IOC ceremony on January 10, 2011, in Bangalore, the then chief of air staff, Air Chief Marshal PV Naik, expressed his displeasure over the aircraft, stating that it was only ‘partially complainant’ and that to meet the air force’s requirement, it would need several refinements. Hence an IOC-2 and FOC has been planned before its induction.

LCA Tejas closes in on the IAF - Bangalore - DNA

Where is the pictures?

Does it mean it Fired Derby? Kinda confused as there seems to be some problem with Radome and last heard was BVR will be tested only after Radome issue is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom