What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the sources close to idrw.org, ADA and HAL will start working on the first airframe of Tejas MK-2 by end of this year

What does start working here signify? Production or design? Because sometime back I heard that air frame and other design related work of Mk2 is completed by ADA.

What does start working here signify? Production or design? Because sometime back I heard that air frame and other design related work of Mk2 is completed by ADA.

Production .. of first prototype.

They are currently using the Tejas Mk-1 PV-1 as a test bed for testing new technologies which will be incorporated in Mk-2.

What I don't like is why they want to take 1 to 1.5 years to finish the first Mk-2 prototype... starting end-of-year and Mk-2 flied in 2015 !! (even if you include time for certifications.. 1.5 years looks quite large).

LCAMk-1MK-2FMK-2FT_zps7c20c6f9.jpg

According to the sources close to idrw.org, ADA and HAL will start working on the first airframe of Tejas MK-2 by end of this year and first flight of Tejas MK-2 is expected by early 2015 and enters service with IAF by 2018.
IIRC Tejas MK-2 build began in late 2012.
Livefist: Tejas Mk.2 Build Begins
HAL-ARDC is taking up for development and Qualification of certain LRUs required
for catering to LCA-Mark 2 version. The first Prototype aircraft is slated for built during
2013-14, while series production(s) are planned for Inducting to fleet which is stated to be
taken up in two phases commencing from 2016 onwards.
MK2 build began on december last year,so its quite probable that 1st flight will take place on last quarter of 2014.

IIRC Tejas MK-2 build began in late 2012.
Livefist: Tejas Mk.2 Build Begins

MK2 build began on december last year,so its quite probable that 1st flight will take place on last quarter of 2014.

they gave orders only for alloys and other structures but construction not yet started dude. yes we can see MK2 in last quarter of 2014 or first quater of 2015.

ADA completed the designing phase of airframe and HAL also gave orders for alloys and other structures but construction only not yet started dude.

What about Tejas Mk-1.... ??? :omghaha::rofl:
I think IAF should focus on Mk-1 first...!! :)

I think IAF will take care of that. you no need to worry dude.

they gave orders only for alloys and other structures but construction not yet started dude. yes we can see MK2 in last quarter of 2014 or first quater of 2015.

ADA completed the designing phase of airframe and HAL also gave orders for alloys and other structures but construction only not yet started dude.

I think IAF will take care of that. you no need to worry dude.

Thanks for info

MK 2 has stretched fuselage, if CGIs in OP are correct

Thanks for info

MK 2 has stretched fuselage, if CGIs in OP are correct

Fuselage will be little enlarged and the twin internal air-intake ducts will be minimally enlarged to cater to the increased airflow requirements and nose only strecthed to 1 meter more than MK1 dude.
DSC08323-769240.JPG

It should look like this... atleast.

huk7kw.jpg
04a.jpg
images

EADS Mako/HEAT. Am i right dude. yeah that's a good aircraft with 4.5 tonne payload. but i can't get your point why you are comparing it and in what way you are saying.

EADS Mako/HEAT. Am i right dude. yeah that's a good aircraft with 4.5 tonne payload. but i can't get your point why you are comparing it and in what way you are saying.

Just the Frontal stealth, glass canopy and air intakes.

not to forget the "looks".

Just the Frontal stealth, glass canopy and air intakes.

not to forget the "looks".

Yes. but tejas also having an all glass cockpit featuring MFD's and supports NVG eyewear. there is also stadard HUD to reflect real time performance numbers and mission information.And it is also having HOTAS, HMDS etc., to reduce pilots work load which is really good one. And later variants of tejas will also incorporates a certain level of stealth by using composites(alluminium lithium based alloys as well as carbon fiber and huge titanium alloys in its later variants) and some purposively produced exteriors with RAM will help help to minimize the reflect on incoming radar waves. And about air intakes the size of the MK1 and mako is little similar because of engine thrust but the shape of mako is little stealthier. And about looks FOR me teja is a sexy beast then EADS HEAT.

Yes. but tejas also having an all glass cockpit featuring MFD's and supports NVG eyewear. there is also stadard HUD to reflect real time performance numbers and mission information.And it is also having HOTAS, HMDS etc., to reduce pilots work load which is really good one. And later variants of tejas will also incorporates a certain level of stealth by using composites(alluminium lithium based alloys as well as carbon fiber and huge titanium alloys in its later variants) and some purposively produced exteriors with RAM will help help to minimize the reflect on incoming radar waves. And about air intakes the size of the MK1 and mako is little similar because of engine thrust but the shape of mako is little stealthier. And about looks FOR me teja is a sexy beast then EADS HEAT.

I know all these things.

Every kid knows it here.

I was wishing it to be more lethal looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom