What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
LCA-Tejas has completed 1947 Test Flights Successfully. (28-Nov-2012).

(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-348,LSP1-74,LSP2-238,PV5-36,LSP3-76,LSP4-56,LSP5-108,LSP7-5,NP1-4)

From

LCA-Tejas has completed 1944 Test Flights Successfully. (22-Nov-2012).

(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-348,LSP1-74,LSP2-238,PV5-36,LSP3-75,LSP4-56,LSP5-106,LSP7-5,NP1-4)

Of all LCAs, the PV-3 has flown the most - 348 flights

Donno, especially not sure which new helmets they are talking about.

I think they are reffering to the TOPSIGHT HMDS. But these have been in use with the LCA for years so it seems odd that only recently did they notice the issue or take measures to correct it.

I think they are reffering to the TOPSIGHT HMDS. But these have been in use with the LCA for years so it seems odd that only recently did they notice the issue or take measures to correct it.

No, Topsight was never used with LCA, but the Israeli Dash helmet, but IF the report is true, this new helmet could be the Topsight, or better it's Indian version build by Samtel.

No, Topsight was never used with LCA, but the Israeli Dash helmet, but IF the report is true, this new helmet could be the Topsight, or better it's Indian version build by Samtel.
Sorry, I meant DASH. Yeah-possilby the IAF/IN want commanlity so TOPSIGHT has been integrated, would make sense otherwise the rest of the IN/IAF fleet will be using the TOPSIGHT whilst the LCA is the only one using the DASH.

Sorry, I meant DASH. Yeah-possilby the IAF/IN want commanlity so TOPSIGHT has been integrated, would make sense otherwise the rest of the IN/IAF fleet will be using the TOPSIGHT whilst the LCA is the only one using the DASH.

Indeed, but it would be surprising and even if and there would be an issue with the Topsight, why would there be a need to ground the whole LCA fleet from testing, when the rest still could have used the Dash helmets. Sadly most of our defence bloggers are not really reliable sources.

Indeed, but it would be surprising and even if and there would be an issue with the Topsight, why would there be a need to ground the whole LCA from testing, when the rest still could have used the Dash helmets. Sadly most of our defence bloggers are not really reliable sources.
It's true- grounding an entire fleet for a helmet issue seems like baloney even if it was problems with the DASH they could simply have reverted back to the basic helmet for a short period of time- no need fr grounding at all.s

@sancho, @Abingdonboy, @gessler, @anyone :lol:

Has Tejas achieved mid-air refuelling capability??? If not, than when it will be achieved???

Not yet, not sure of the LCA MK1 but the MKII will have the mid air refueling ability. I think right now HAL is just trying to get the aircraft out and in the hands of the IAF. Plus the main role would be point defense in Indian airspace so maybe they didn't think that it would need the capability.

Last edited by a moderator:
@sancho, @Abingdonboy, @gessler, @anyone :lol:

Has Tejas achieved mid-air refuelling capability??? If not, than when it will be achieved???

Not to date. The LCA MK.1 won't come with a refueling probe although mock-ups have been shown of such. The LCA MK.2 will came with a fixed refeuling probe which most likely will be retro fitted onto the MK.1s at a later date. So expect ~2015 for such capability to be demonstrated on the LCA platform.

Last edited by a moderator:
A mock up of a refueling probe from some time back:

25b254f4e065.jpg

Gives an idea of what it may look like on Mk.2. Shame they can't mount a retractble probe, on the LCA the fixed probe just looks ugle. It looks good on the Rafale and M2K but not on the LCA-oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom