What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
EXCLUSIVE: India's LCA AESA Radar Programme Detailed

lca+aesa+2.JPG

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

lca+aesa+1.JPG

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

lca+aesa+3.JPG

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

lca+aesa+2.JPG

The images above, seen here for the first time, are from official material on the Indian AESA radar project for the LCA Tejas, shared with LiveFist. Indian state-owned radar developer Electronics R&D Establishment (LRDE) is in the process of identifying a development partner (DP) for an indigenous AESA radar for future tranches of the Tejas and the Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) and is likely to make a final decision shortly. The radar has begun development in the country. According to official updated material made available to LiveFist, the fully solid-state X-band radar is being developed with the following modes:

Air-to-Air: Multi-target detection and tracking / Multi target ACM (Air-to-Air combat mode) / High resolution raid assessment

Air-to-Ground: High Resolution mapping (SAR mode) / AGR – Air to Ground Ranging / RBM – Real Beam Mapping / DBS – Doppler Beam Sharpening / Ground Moving Target Indication (GMTI) / Ground Moving Target Tracking (GMTT) / Terrain Avoidance (TA)

Air-to-Sea: Sea search and multi target tracking / Range Signature (RS) / Inverse Synthetic Aperture Radar (ISAR)

As I've reported here before, the development partner that LRDE identifies will be responsible for "detailed design, development and realisation" of (a) antenna panel constisting of main antenna, guard antenna and sidelobe cancellation antenna, (b) transmit/receive modules/groups, (c) RF distribution network consisting of RF manifold/combiners, RF interface, (d) antenna/beam control chain consisting of T/R control and T/R group control, and (e) array calibration/BITE among other areas.

LiveFist - The Best of Indian Defence: EXCLUSIVE: India's LCA AESA Radar Programme Detailed

Already posted in LCA thread...mods please merge ..

^^ So what exactly is new in this information ? I belive most of it is known in the public domain !

yet again a hype created by SHIV AROOR..

when ever some one says LCA is a failure don't jump into arguments. Just think about this joke.

In One Tamil flims two comedians used to argue who is better. Senthil and Gowdamani.

Senthil used to say I have passed 8th standard so i am better and Gowdamani has failed 10th standard so he is not better than him. And unfortunately we are coming across few people now and then in life.

Moral of the story, to succeed or not to succeed depends on once goal . it has nothing to do with othes success ( coz their goal might be differnt).

LCAs goal is not just to replace Mig 21. IAF wants a platform that it can depend on for another 30 years. if we wanted to replace an upgraded 2nd gen bomber like others, LCA is a grand success as it has crossed that state long long long agao when lightning pod and dummy bombs were dropped.

LCA is a grand success as it has crossed that state long long long agao when lightning pod and dummy bombs were dropped.

Lol ...Litening pod was not dropped , bombs were dropped...IAF test pilot would have been sacked if he would have droped the POD knowingly :D

sorry to go off thread guys but is india developing "any" directed energy weapon ???

plzz tell.......

Ever heard of the KALI program??

The KALI (Kilo Ampere Linear Injector) is a linear electron accelerator being developed in India, by the Defence Research Development Organization (DRDO) and the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC).

The KALI is not a laser weapon as commonly believed. It emits powerful pulses of electrons (Relativistic Electron Beams- REB). Other components in the machine down the line convert the electron energy into EM Radiation, which can be adjusted to x-ray (as Flash X-Rays) or microwave (High Power Microwave) frequencies.

This has fueled hopes that the KALI could, one day be used in a High-Power Microwave gun, which could destroy incoming missiles and aircraft through soft-kill (destroying the electronic circuitry on the missile). However, weaponising such a system has many obstacles to overcome.

As a Weapon

The KALI's potential for a military role as a beam weapon has made it, in the eyes of the people, "India's Star Wars". However, weaponisation of the KALI will take some time. The system is still under development, and efforts are being made to make it more compact, as well as improve its recharge time, which, at the present, makes it only a single use system.

There are also issues of creating a complete system, which would require development of many more components. There have also been reports of placing the weaponized KALI in an Il-76 aircraft as an airborne defence system. There is also speculation of using the KALI as an Anti-satellite weapon and as a space-based weapon system, although it is unlikely that they would be implemented, given India's stance on those issues.

If weaponized, it is quite likely that KALI would be integrated into India's Ballistic Missile Defense program.

Original article: KALI (laser) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good that India is Making an AESA radar for LCA, As this is LCA AESA radar program It should be ready along with LCA Mk2..... I hope it does

Ever heard of the KALI program??

The KALI (Kilo Ampere Linear Injector) is a linear electron accelerator being developed in India, by the Defence Research Development Organization (DRDO) and the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC).

The KALI is not a laser weapon as commonly believed. It emits powerful pulses of electrons (Relativistic Electron Beams- REB). Other components in the machine down the line convert the electron energy into EM Radiation, which can be adjusted to x-ray (as Flash X-Rays) or microwave (High Power Microwave) frequencies.

This has fueled hopes that the KALI could, one day be used in a High-Power Microwave gun, which could destroy incoming missiles and aircraft through soft-kill (destroying the electronic circuitry on the missile). However, weaponising such a system has many obstacles to overcome.

As a Weapon

The KALI's potential for a military role as a beam weapon has made it, in the eyes of the people, "India's Star Wars". However, weaponisation of the KALI will take some time. The system is still under development, and efforts are being made to make it more compact, as well as improve its recharge time, which, at the present, makes it only a single use system.

There are also issues of creating a complete system, which would require development of many more components. There have also been reports of placing the weaponized KALI in an Il-76 aircraft as an airborne defence system. There is also speculation of using the KALI as an Anti-satellite weapon and as a space-based weapon system, although it is unlikely that they would be implemented, given India's stance on those issues.

If weaponized, it is quite likely that KALI would be integrated into India's Ballistic Missile Defense program.

i have already read about it .... and the problem is it was never made for defense applications !!! so its not a weapon !!

LiveFist - The Best of Indian Defence: EXCLUSIVE: India's LCA AESA Radar Programme Detailed
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 908x670.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 761x574.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 766x574.

The images above, seen here for the first time, are from official material on the Indian AESA radar project for the LCA Tejas, shared with LiveFist. Indian state-owned radar developer Electronics R&D Establishment (LRDE) is in the process of identifying a development partner (DP) for an indigenous AESA radar for future tranches of the Tejas and the Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) and is likely to make a final decision shortly. The radar has begun development in the country. According to official updated material made available to LiveFist, the fully solid-state X-band radar is being developed with the following modes:

Air-to-Air: Multi-target detection and tracking / Multi target ACM (Air-to-Air combat mode) / High resolution raid assessment

Air-to-Ground: High Resolution mapping (SAR mode) / AGR – Air to Ground Ranging / RBM – Real Beam Mapping / DBS – Doppler Beam Sharpening / Ground Moving Target Indication (GMTI) / Ground Moving Target Tracking (GMTT) / Terrain Avoidance (TA)

Air-to-Sea: Sea search and multi target tracking / Range Signature (RS) / Inverse Synthetic Aperture Radar (ISAR)

As I've reported here before, the development partner that LRDE identifies will be responsible for "detailed design, development and realisation" of (a) antenna panel constisting of main antenna, guard antenna and sidelobe cancellation antenna, (b) transmit/receive modules/groups, (c) RF distribution network consisting of RF manifold/combiners, RF interface, (d) antenna/beam control chain consisting of T/R control and T/R group control, and (e) array calibration/BITE among other areas.

i seriously doubt that aesa radar will be ready with tejas mk2 bcoz they took so long to make mechanically steered one !!

and also jv takes alot of time bcoz ...as 1st they will just select the partner... and there will be as series of talks and meeting ..... and after a whole lot of time the will begin the development !!!!

i seriously doubt that aesa radar will be ready with tejas mk2 bcoz they took so long to make mechanically steered one !!

and also jv takes alot of time bcoz ...as 1st they will just select the partner... and there will be as series of talks and meeting ..... and after a whole lot of time the will begin the development !!!!

Buddy, We are Not Working On from Scratch, We just have to Study and Work On the AESA radar which LRDE made for AEW&CS , So Miniaturizing It needs Assistance for Sure

Buddy, We are Not Working On from Scratch, We just have to Study and Work On the AESA radar which LRDE made for AEW&CS , So Miniaturizing It needs Assistance for Sure

the aesa radar which the LRDE made , luks almost as big as lca itself ... miniaturizing would be hell of a job !!!

and will surely take a lot of time

plz dont mind me ... i'm not a lca criticizer....

the aesa radar which the LRDE made , luks almost as big as lca itself ... miniaturizing would be hell of a job !!!

and will surely take a lot of time

plz dont mind me ... i'm not a lca criticizer....

Its ok Dude, I know Miniaturizing the AESA will take lot of a time but Not more than 2 -3 Years buddy, Come on we are Not laying a Platform but Building on an Existing one

i have already read about it .... and the problem is it was never made for defense applications !!! so its not a weapon !!

It is clearly stated in my post that it is not a weapon. But it has the potential to be developed into a weapon. Maybe it is already being developed as a secret project. Read the part under "As A Weapon".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom