What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, u plz tell us abt jet..........
Its radar is also not Indian

ok ..first.. atleast be sane enough to understand whats the thread is about..

second.. which engines does countries like China, Sweden and yes Pakistan too... who develop their own fighter jets use?

third..there's already a sticky for LCA..please post your valuable questions there..
:cheers:

Why do the Indians have a fetish for double-seaters? Isn't it adding unnecessary weight and reducing air-air performance?

for trolls, it would be pleasure, if you know which engine jf-17 uses.

Btw RADAR is India's only

Why do the Indians have a fetish for double-seaters? Isn't it adding unnecessary weight and reducing air-air performance?

1. Operational doctrine.

2. Two pairs of hands better than one pair. The pilot flies the aircraft, while the WSO plays "gotcha" with all the toys at his disposal!

1. Operational doctrine.

2. Two pairs of hands better than one pair. The pilot flies the aircraft, while the WSO plays "gotcha" with all the toys at his disposal!

Don't you think operational doctrine is outdated.....or maybe tech hasn't met strategic thinking. Aren't Western flight computers powerful enough to aim and lock onto enemy crafts?

Could u enlighten me what is pakistani in JF-17 and by the way the radar is mmr-elta hybrid

they can't name anything pak made in their so called joint venture jf17 yet they shamelessly come to an lca thread to just criticize that it is not indigenous......... :hitwall: :hitwall:

anywaz buddy any news on the aesa radar (which one)ed on tejas mk2....

also plz tell the max payload of tejas

every site says its greater than 4tn.... but how much ???

India To Roll Out Tejas Naval Variant Soon​

Jun 22, 2010

By Anantha Krishnan M.
BENGALURU, India

np1.jpg

The Tejas Light Combat Aircraft’s (LCA) naval prototype (NP-1)

“The aircraft will get airborne in about 200 meters over the ski jump on the ship, [versus] a land-based takeoff run of about 800 meters,” a source says. “Landing on the ship is with an arrester hook on the aircraft engaging an arrester wire on the ship. The aircraft then stops in 90 meters, which is about 1/10th of land-based stopping distance. This makes the Tejas naval program extremely challenging, and we are happy with what the Naval Project Team based out of Bangalore has done so far.”

How come they make the same plane with the same engine take off at 200m on carrier vs 800m on land? Can anyone enlighten me on this? Is the max weapon load lesser for the navy? Does the addition of LEVCONS do all the trick? Is there a trade off for adding this? If not, why is this not being added to the IAF versions?

The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) sanctioned development of LCA Navy in April 2003, and in December 2009 the CCS also approved a Mark-II version with a new engine. NP-1 will fly with a GE-404 power-plant, with 40% of the funding coming from the Indian navy and 60% from the Defense Research and Development Organization. The Tejas naval variant will replace the aging fleet of Sea Harriers, and the navy is said to have made an initial commitment to 50 Tejas after the platform proves its mettle.

that is how it should , Navy show's good policy :tup:

A GE engine, means the plane is not all Indian. Hmm, interesting. What is the cost per aircraft?

How many countries make their own engines ?
At east we have an Engine development program.

Cost per aircraft , is to hard to tell as the final engine has not been decided yet, Two engines have been short-listed
GE-414 and EJ200
and their commercial bids are now under evaluation.

After engine is selected price can be quoted.

But for now it is ~30 million for the naval version.
~24 million for the current Tejas MkI air force version

So, u plz tell us abt jet..........
Its radar is also not Indian

The MMR radar , has a fully functional Air To air mode , made in India.
The Air to ground functionality , was develop with consultancy from Israeli , as a result it uses an Israeli processor.

India still actively involved in radar development as we are with Engine development. And with almost every major aspect of the fighter.

The Hybrid MMR radar is owned by India , and can be manufactured and sold as we please. it also stands as stepping point for future technologies.

How come they make the same plane with the same engine take off at 200m on carrier vs 800m on land? Can anyone enlighten me on this? Is the max weapon load lesser for the navy? Does the addition of LEVCONS do all the trick? Is there a trade off for adding this? If not, why is this not being added to the IAF versions?

The 200m take of , happens only With STOBAR configuration on carriers .

ski-jump_take-off_hms_invincible.jpeg

The Ski jump assists in take of , also the take of most likely also employs more thrust at the start to achieve more list.

Could u enlighten me what is pakistani in JF-17 and by the way the radar is mmr-elta hybrid :P

Go and read JF-17 thread rather tthen asking in LCA thread.

Let me give u a bit note that JF means Joint Fighter.....Jointly developed by China and Pakistan.......just like F-35, Eurofighter etc.

Many things like Jet, design, sensors made by Pakistan .......Chinees Radar KLJ-7 is used in (Technology transfared to PAK). Pakistan made radars like Griffo(used in F-7PG's) can also be fitted.

Now stick to the topic thread .....or for JF-17 info move to JF-17 thread :cheers:

@ MZUBAIR

It is true that 'JF' in JF-17 stands for 'Joint Fighter'. But JF-17 is only the Pakistani designation. The Chinese have designated it as FC-1 and in case you didn't know, 'FC' stands for 'Fighter China'!!! Does that mean that your Chinese friends do not think of it as a joint venture?:haha: :cheers:

Okay enough about JF-17. Back to the topic.

Last edited:
I agree with you
Many things like Jet, design, sensors made by Pakistan .......Chinees Radar KLJ-7 is used in (Technology transfared to PAK). Pakistan made radars like Griffo(used in F-7PG's) can also be fitted.

Grifo is Pak made???,,,hmmmm thats news to me....I thought Grifo is owned by selex galileo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom