What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

First jf 3 had test flights for whole year or more.

Secondly u will change radar to aesa with same engine and go into mass production wothout a test flight

That's fantastic

Successful project is written all over this already it seems

Chill. Let the professionals handle it rather than internet warriors with no clue on how anything is to be done.

HAL is not just integrating but also building the Elta 2052 AESA under license in India. They have already done it for the Jaguar DARIN 3 upgrade which also features the Elta 2052 radar, albeit a smaller set.

Who told you that engine change is required for modifying the radar from MSA to AESA? Lol..

And they already ARE conducting flight tests for systems that will go on the Mk1A. They'll continue with the 2 prototypes of the Mk1 modified with Mk1A systems for the next 2 years for all the systems to be qualified and certified.

So relax, we'll manage this.

HAL's Atma-nirbhar formation over Yelahanka for Aero India 2021

EtSu2RtVEAIIb1f

Hawk-i, HTT-40, Tejas Mk1, HTT-40 and HJT-36 Sitara.

Secondly u will change radar to aesa with same engine and go into mass production wothout a test flight

That's fantastic
Who said no test flight? I said no prototype will be made For testing as existing Tejas Tech demonstrators will be upgraded for testing.
EtMwGDQXYAMbId3

India is M-B's second largest market
Entered India in 1951!
Obviously because we are the 4th largest airforce and 2 in between, the Russians and Chinese never buy from MB, hence we will obviously be 2nd largest customer.

HAL's Atma-nirbhar formation over Yelahanka for Aero India 2021

EtSu2RtVEAIIb1f

Hawk-i, HTT-40, Tejas Mk1, HTT-40 and HJT-36 Sitara.

The Sitara is still not in service yet...development started in 1997!!! Last I heard, it had problems with passing spin control trials and BAE was bought in as a "consultant" to sort out the issues.

The Sitara is still not in service yet...development started in 1997!!! Last I heard, it had problems with passing spin control trials and BAE was bought in as a "consultant" to sort out the issues.

Yes it was in the cold box but after the success of HTT-40, they have revamped the project and hired Bihrle Applied Research as a consultant to resolve the problem and came up with modified solution you can see in the pic below

And its spin and recovery tests are going on for last couple of months

1612428798060.png

The GoI awarded the contract to BEGIN design and development of the HJT-36 Sitara in 1999, not 1997. It was after that contract that work started at HAL.

Things started off very promisingly and Limited Series Production jets were even built in 2010. There were issues with the change in engine from the French Larzac to the Russian AL-555I which led to a lot of troubles. In hindsight, it probably wasn't the best decision to change the engine.

After the engine issues were overcome, there were serious concerns during spin trials and that derailed the program. Consultation was taken with a foreign firm to re-design it and that has taken a few years. It has been re-designed extensively, with a new larger rudder and longer tail to increase the moment arm for the rudder. Plus, ventral fins have also been added for improved longitudinal stability.

The updated design has been in the air since a few months now. Already done 1 turn spin and will be progressively taken to the full 6 turn spin that is required of it. If it clears those trials, there is nothing major pending of the program and it should be ordered to replace the large numbers of Kiran Mk2 trainers in IAF service. Pilots will train on it before graduating to the Hawk AJT.

Great shot of the modified HJT-36 Sitara by Angad Singh, flying over Bangalore during Aero India 2021

EtQ_0udVgAE7EJu

Last edited:
Tejas Mk1 FOC fighter at Aero India

SP-17, the first fighter that was handed over to No.18 Squadron 'Flying Bullets'

EtXvt2OXYAEZCMG

Meanwhile HAL is now looking at the possibility of exports for the Tejas Mk1A. Price being quoted is Rs 309 crore flyaway for the fighter and Rs 280 crore for the Tejas Mk1 FOC trainer.

India looking at Tejas exports at Rs 309 crore per aircraft- HAL Chairman

New AESA based Self-Protection Jammer Pod being developed by DARE. It will likely find it's way onto the Tejas Mk1A after being certified.

EtWlqzsXcAIkFUi

Couple of Flying Daggers' Tejas Mk1 flying during Aero India

EtXFj-BXEAAwvim

Last edited:
You don't even know how to pronounce an aircraft name which you claiming to do analysis on it based on your research.

The first basic principle of doing research is to pronounce the thing right on which you doing it. So please make fool of someone else,

It is not even worth the time to counter reply to it.

HAL and DRDO sign an MoU for Uttam AESA radar Transfer of Technology and also for new generation digital RWR (RWR-NG) for the new Tejas configurations which will include Tejas Mk1A, Tejas Mk2 and TEDBF. Will also find it's way onto the AMCA.

EtnTpOhVgAERVhn

Also has been revealed that the Tejas Mk1 flying with the Uttam has 780 T/R modules. The Tejas Mk2 has a smaller radome than that of the Tejas Mk1A due to having to fit the IRST behind it, but it will have 992 T/R modules due to an improved design of the Uttam AESA radar.
Bangladesh Air Force chief Moshiuzamn Serniabat took a sortie on Indian HAL Tejas fighter Jet today.

Etcw3zaXMAAxGPF

Bangladesh Air Force Chief flying in the Tejas trainer PV6

EtmdgXtU0AEpAyO

Twitter link

Last edited:
HAL and DRDO sign an MoU for Uttam AESA radar Transfer of Technology and also for new generation digital RWR (RWR-NG) for the new Tejas configurations which will include Tejas Mk1A, Tejas Mk2 and TEDBF. Will also find it's way onto the AMCA.

SO Mk1A has uttam or 2052 ? I assume its 2052.

Back
Top Bottom