What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

I for one, found diploma holders who start in second year of engineering more adept at technical stuffs than us. But people kinda.look down on them. I don't know why. But as you said, they struggled in trying to get to understand English and particularly M3. In third year they aced us in most tech knowledge. Grades are a different thing. Top nine pointer girl in my class couldn't differentiate btw voltage and current.

Yes it's true since their practical knowledge is quite good compared to the rest who jump straight to undergraduate engineering from school. Our theoretical knowledge was good but practical skills were poorer. But the Diploma holders had problems with calculus and advanced calculus that was a part of some subjects. It seems that they didn't get those fundamentals during their diploma classes.

Anyway, the point is clear- don't judge a book by it's cover. Unless you're Umar Akmal, then don't judge a cover by it's book.

from HAL TP, Grp Cpt (Retd) HV Thakur's Twitter

EVzTDztVcAAa97M

No.18 Squadron 'Flying Bullets' will be the next Tejas Mk1 squadron. One of the IAF's most prestigious squadrons, with the only PVC awardee.

The Tejas Mk1A contract is approved but procedural delays may push the contract signature by a couple of months. Meanwhile, the Mk1A development continues- the cockpit is finalized and getting ready.

LCA Mk-1A cockpit is finalized and getting ready. 3-Smart-MFD glass cockpit. Contract is finalised. It'll get signed in a couple of months, subject to procedural delays only.

Appears to be some elements that limit the design, which maybe why the IAF Originally rejected it, and only accepted for political reasons

Some countries have military-industrial-complex. India is one of the few countries to have politico-industrial complex. State-owned military industries in India are quite influential with civilian political authority. It would be no surprise that Tejas is being inducted at the behest of HAL.

basically if you are looking to become a microwaved samosa then buy tejas.

Is this really necessary in the PAF section? We have a dedicated Tejas thread in the IAF section, but here it will lead top nothing but the same old stupid discussions :hitwall: :crazy: ...

Sorry, didn't know there was a Tejas section. My mistake

Back
Top Bottom