What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

A picture speaks thousand words.
4FD1B130-4140-41B9-ABBD-1A749F5B09BA.jpeg

The word is Pakistani Mashak Basic Turboprop Trainer Crew standing with Indian Tejas Fighter Jet Crew.
Want to hear more.
I know.
In some people’s mind, only way to allow someone to take a picture is after checking there credentials.
For few others it is a courtesy extended by seeing someone in uniform.

I know.
In some people’s mind, only way to allow someone to take a picture is after checking there credentials.
Yar wo sab theek hai. Lekin ketchup kid hai?

Tejas Mk1 FOC fighter aerobatics display at Dubai Air Show 2021
Who calls a fighter jet Dolly?
Fighter jet hai ya bhains(gao matta for Indians)??

I know.
What professional courtesy? Where was that courtesy when they paraded Abhinandan on national tv, and violated the Geneva convention? I mean seriously, cmon.

What professional courtesy? Where was that courtesy when they paraded Abhinandan on national tv, and violated the Geneva convention? I mean seriously, cmon.
Conflict situation is a different scenario. Even in camps set up for POWs, military protocol is followed (most of the time). Aberrations might happen.

But if your logic is followed then military personnel should get into hand to hand combat when they come across in the civi street. Is it?

At an event like an Airshow when you come across someone in military uniform then following of military protocol and extending general courtesy is not out of order. Professional defence forces follow that kind of thing.

Conflict situation is a different scenario. Even in camps set up for POWs, military protocol is followed (most of the time). Aberrations might happen.

But if your logic is followed then military personnel should get into hand to hand combat when they come across in the civi street. Is it?

At an event like an Airshow when you come across someone in military uniform then following of military protocol and extending general courtesy is not out of order. Professional defence forces follow that kind of thing.
Can you show me, US forces showing "professional courtesy" to the Soviet's Red army or to PLA? Thekedaar hai world morality ke?

Can you show me, US forces showing "professional courtesy" to the Soviet's Red army or to PLA? Thekedaar hai world morality ke?
If you Google you would come across scores of occasions when these personnel met and acknowledged each other with professional courtesy. On an occasion like an Airshow or similar event. There were definitely times when they met for negotiations and there were heated debates and eyeballing. Hence, it is the context that also comes in play.
Thekedaar hai world morality ke?
It may not be to your or my liking but then, here we are sitting on a keyboard and there professionals are doing what they know is the best.

Last edited:
If you Google you would come across scores of occasions when these personnel met and acknowledged each other with professional courtesy. On an occasion like an Airshow or similar event. There were definitely times when they met for negotiations and there were heated debates and eyeballing. Hence, it is the context that also comes in play.

It may not be to your or my liking but then, here we are sitting on a keyboard and there professionals are doing what they know is the best.
SInce when does diplomacy become part of military professionals? So do we close down MEA?

HAL to offer the Tejas LIFT (Lead In Fighter Trainer) to Egypt. @Gomig-21

In addition, HAL will respond to the Argentinians with an offer for the Tejas Mk1A, without 50 components that were sourced from the UK.

article link

Argentine interest in Tejas

The Tejas is also on the radar of Buenos Aires, with Argentina in the market for 12 light fighters. HAL is pursuing the case, but there is a UK embargo – dating back to the Falklands War -- on the supply of British defence equipment to Argentina.

Argentina is believed to have gotten only two offers: one from the Chinese and a Letter of Intention from HAL to participate in the tender. This too appears to have become a JF-17 versus Tejas contest.

HAL will be required to replace several systems and sub-systems on the Tejas that are supplied by UK firms such as BAE Systems, Cobham and Martin-Baker.

“We will have to replace more than 50 systems and sub-systems -- such as the Martin-Baker ejection seat. In addition, we will have to test and certify the replacements we fit. There will be a cost attached with this,” says Madhavan.

HAL is working out the costs and hopes to inform Argentine before the end of November.

and the part about offering the Tejas trainer as a LIFT to Egypt. IAF is also interested in this type, for both LIFT role and as a platform for controlling the CATS (Combat Air Teaming System) Warrior drone and other UAVs.

Interest from Egypt

Another reason for fielding the Tejas in the Dubai Air Show is to test the waters in West Asia. One possibility is Egypt, but that will require weaning Cairo off US platforms, which Washington has long supplied at subsidized rates.

“We are going to Egypt for that reason. The idea is to manufacture the Tejas there by setting up a factory for them over there,” says the HAL chief.

Tejas Mk1 FOC fighter final day aerobatics display at Dubai Air Show 2021

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom