What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

"We read it in the newspapers and it has lifted the morale of all entire teams in ADA, HAL, DRDO and NAL. In a development programme, delays are natural and we are now ensuring that the Final Operational Clearance (FOC) is achieved as planned in December," Subramaniam said.
Subramaniam claimed that they are confident of handing over the FOC versions of Tejas from SP-4 onwards.

"We are sure that from SP-4 onwards (likely to be rolled out by HAL during the end of 2015), IAF will start getting the Tejas that matches all FOC requirements. Hence, the IAF will be ready with 36 FOC Tejas aircraft, instead of 20 as per the order," Subramaniam said...

You got to be kidding me, is he still trying to justify delays??? And does that mean that only 2 fighters will be produced now (SP3 and 4) , with deliver till the end of the year?

DSCN6656.jpg

You got to be kidding me, is he still trying to justify delays??? And does that mean that only 2 fighters will be produced now (SP3 and 4) , with deliver till the end of the year?

Explaining / justifying ... potetoes / potatoes.

You do realize he is ADA head, not HAL head. He's not in charge of Production or responsible for it in anyway.

unfortunately he is i got used to it bro

Explaining / justifying ... potetoes / potatoes.

You do realize he is ADA head, not HAL head. He's not in charge of Production or responsible for it in anyway.

I do, but you don't seems to get, that it's the development side that is delaying the production! The fact that it still didn't got FOC and ADA / DRDO are responsible for that, which leaves HAL as the production agency on the receiving end only. When they make all SP's beyond the 4th dependend on achieving the FOC, HAL can't produce more fighters, but then more delays in the production plane are likely too.

unfortunately he is i got used to it bro

With all the delays and the mess they (ADA / DRDO) created, one should expect they have learned to be more humble now, but another thing they didn't seem to learn.

displays are bigger..........................any more clear pics

No, I just saw it in the specboards in the link you posted in the Aero India thread. Was waiting for more infos or even pics about that too, but sadly nothing more seems to have been shown on that.

No, I just saw it in the specboards in the link you posted in the Aero India thread. Was waiting for more infos or even pics about that too, but sadly nothing more seems to have been shown on that.
Well they could put touch screen. Kinda disappointed.

The cockpit looks pretty old. They could have added frame less HUD.

Well they could put touch screen. Kinda disappointed.

I'm happy that they didn't went that way as DRDO planned, since the only purpose would had been to show off, especially in the low end fighter of the fleet. These larger MFD's will be an improvement too, far more cost-effective and easier to implement.

The cockpit looks pretty old. They could have added frame less HUD.
Agreed.

I'm happy that they didn't went that way as DRDO planned, since the only purpose would had been to show off, especially in the low end fighter of the fleet. These larger MFD's will be an improvement too, far more cost-effective and easier to implement.

@sancho I'm pretty disappointed, there was all that hype around going for the HALBIT Cockpit NG which would only add to the capabilities of the MK.2, just going for larger MFDs is pretty underwhelming. What would it really cost to integrate a new generation cockpit? Not that much in the grand scheme of things and the cost differential per unit would be negligible.

Back
Top Bottom