What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

word-image-11.jpeg
word-image-12.jpeg
word-image-13.jpeg
word-image-14.jpeg
word-image-15.jpeg
word-image-16.jpeg

It's okay to learn how make a fighter jet but if you can clean up the mess. As a beginner, India should have partnered with a global organization to jointly produce a opertional fighter jet. India started with the Ruski junk Su-30MKI then built another messy Tejas.
What on earth Indian Air Force signed up for HAL Tejas.
https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2019/10/28/hal-tejas-light-combat-aircraft/

So MK2 is going to be mainstay or other version will continue developing?

As of now, yes.

MK2 is the version, will adopted by both services (Air & Naval). Whats latest on development? In-fact there were talks about new weapon acquisition while French OEMs were also supporting in frame dynamics etc? if I am not wrong; development is frozen as we aren't seeing much.

MK2 is the version, will adopted by both services (Air & Naval). Whats latest on development? In-fact there were talks about new weapon acquisition while French OEMs were also supporting in frame dynamics etc? if I am not wrong; development is frozen as we aren't seeing much.

French, Euros arent supporting the design like in Mark 1 back in the day, it's all done by ADA. Design is frozen for IAF version, not sure about IN. Both designs are very different. Last I've heard, this was months ago, mental cutting for the prototypes was about to start for IAF Mark 2.

So MK2 is going to be mainstay or other version will continue developing?

"The LCA (Light Combat Aircraft Tejas) from where evolution into various other projects like Mark 2 RV stealth aircraft (started)" DRDO Chief

Well, I was wrong and I forgot about this RV derivative.

I really hope they are leveraging all possible players in the industry for Mark1A, MWF(IAF, IN), AMCA(IAF, IN), and programs like RV. Because it's alot to chew.

This RV derivative is what I am guess funnels whatever learned from AMCA into MWF. And having a fast transition to a newer design for the late 2020s, early 2030s. I dont know, I was mentioned in the quote, that's it from the chief.

Whatever case, I'm only looking at Mark1A production.

Last edited:
French, Euros arent supporting the design like in Mark 1 back in the day, it's all done by ADA. Design is frozen for IAF version, not sure about IN. Both designs are very different. Last I've heard, this was months ago, mental cutting for the prototypes was about to start for IAF Mark 2.

"The LCA (Light Combat Aircraft Tejas) from where evolution into various other projects like Mark 2 RV stealth aircraft (started)" DRDO Chief

Well, I was wrong and I forgot about this RV derivative.

I really hope they are leveraging all possible players in the industry for Mark1A, MWF(IAF, IN), AMCA(IAF, IN), and programs like RV. Because it's alot to chew.

This RV derivative is what I am guess funnels whatever learned from AMCA into MWF. And having a fast transition to a newer design for the late 2020s, early 2030s. I dont know, I was mentioned in the quote, that's it from the chief.

Whatever case, I'm only looking at Mark1A production.

Yeah I read that IAF Chief hints about AMCA & emphasis for LCA to grow further. I was not able to understand but now it is clear. Seems like MK2 will target IN while MK1 is for IAF. However, HAL was about to deliver MK2 by mid 2020 (if I am not wrong) though, the progress suggests it will take more time.

AMCA, an indigenous product in-fact much more time as we haven't seen anything except of some concept design. However, I will take AMCA discussion to relevant thread so the subject here may remain on topic.

Yeah I read that IAF Chief hints about AMCA & emphasis for LCA to grow further. I was not able to understand but now it is clear. Seems like MK2 will target IN while MK1 is for IAF. However, HAL was about to deliver MK2 by mid 2020 (if I am not wrong) though, the progress suggests it will take more time.

AMCA, an indigenous product in-fact much more time as we haven't seen anything except of some concept design. However, I will take AMCA discussion to relevant thread so the subject here may remain on topic.
It's unlikely as of now that Navy will induct NLCA Mk2 or it'll even be developed. Of all the variants (Mk1, Mk1A, Mk2, N-Mk1, N-Mk2, SPORT), it's the most paper plane. NAMCA is the only thing Navy is positive about. But NLCA Mk1 as a TD is still funded by Navy and will have carrier trials soon.

Delivery of Mk2 is up to ADA, with four production ready prototypes. Mk1A from HAL.

I don't think the stealth RV has anything to do with this. It's about AURA/SWIFT. There was some nascent talk of making the normal LCA a RV, but I think we can forget that.

Last edited:
It's unlikely as of now that Navy will induct NLCA Mk2 or it'll be even developed. Of all the variants (Mk1, Mk1A, Mk2, N-Mk1, N-Mk2, SMART), it's the most paper plane. NAMCA is the only thing Navy is positive about. But NLCA Mk1 as a TD is still funded by Navy and will have carrier trials soon.

Delivery of Mk2 is up to ADA, with four production ready prototypes. Mk1A from HAL.

I don't think the stealth RV has anything to do with this. It's about AURA/SWIFT. There was some nascent talk of making the normal LCA a RV, but I think we can forget that.
Is there any other single engine plane capable of taking off from aircraft carrier???

No, mark 2 or MWF is mostly for IAF. To replace Mirage, Mig 29UPG. Hard to say what will eventually come of the naval MWF, but it's design is actively being worked on that's for sure. We'll see.

NLCA Mk1 with F404 is overweight thanks to the naval gear. Tejas Mk1 can use some streamlining (done in Mk1A), but it's not overweight.
If its overweight how will it take off with full load??? Bigger engine or design modification???

Back
Top Bottom