What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

Yes they are, but in technical terms, not materials. HAL forgot to consult the likes of you before importing. Next time, tell them to be more cautious.

JF 17 doesn't have a quartz radome as far as I know. Yet aren't you planning an AESA for it? You just assumed the engineers didn't understand they needed a quartz radome? Maybe that the time it took to develop was longer than expected.

This guy could alone shoot down an entire Tejas Wing forget squadron

images

JF 17 doesn't have a quartz radome as far as I know. Yet aren't you planning an AESA for it? You just assumed the engineers didn't understand they needed a quartz radome? Maybe that the time it took to develop was longer than expected.

Show me where I brought jf-17 into this discussion.

It has been more than a century of planes firing guns in the air but the failed Tejas cannot

images

development of one which fits the specification & qualification and productionisation of the same.

More than 103 years have passed.

103 years and Tejas still does not have that capability?

Isn't that downright f*cking shameful ?

development of one which fits the specification & qualification and productionisation of the same.

So was Tejas not designed to be fitted with a quartz nose cone in mind from the start? If so, why not?

This aircraft has better air to air capability than the failed Tejas

images

Show me where I brought jf-17 into this discussion.

I brought JF 17 into the discussion. Your statement that HAL guys are planning without 'understanding materials' is outright silly. Using composite was exactly the right thing to do. Because of that over 2000+ test flights that didn't need radar were carried out successfully. As mass production is ramping up the quartz radome is ready.

So was Tejas not designed to be fitted with a quartz nose cone in mind fro the start? If so, why not?

no- Tejas was tested with composite because the quartz radome was not ready then.

I brought JF 17 into the discussion. Your statement that HAL guys are planning without 'understanding materials' is outright silly. Using composite was exactly the right thing to do. Because of that over 2000+ test flights that didn't need radar were carried out successfully. As mass production is ramping up the quartz radome is ready.

no- Tejas was tested with composite because the quartz radome was not ready then.

The question remains, why HAL can't make a freaking radome?

Back
Top Bottom