What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

:tup:

Alright , so we do know that the SP3 did take flight BUT we don't have any official pic yet, maybe in the coming day
1_img128916200754.jpg

read Post #1981 , possible 4 More frames to be added to the Flying Daggers in 6 - 7 Months Total - 6 Nos.
Still slow. Chinese J-20 was inducted roughly at the same time as Tejas. Both are in LRIP mode. Two J-20s were delivered, just as Tejas. Two new just rolled out of the assembly line and took flight.

Still slow. Chinese J-20 was inducted roughly at the same time as Tejas. Both are in LRIP mode. Two J-20s were delivered, just as Tejas. Two new just rolled out of the assembly line and took flight.
Good for you:tup:

Was it even inducted? It was said that it will get inducted in 2018 right?do You have any links to the above mentioned subject?

We are supposed to get first 20 Tejas by 2018. The next 100 will be improved versions and that's why they are taking time as they are handling the manufacturing and the R&D simultaneously.

14517453_1160522920708821_2722229202622233668_n.jpg

The LCA Tejas performs during the opening day of the Aero India 2013 at Yelahanka Air Force Station in Bengaluru. More than 600 Aviation Companies along with delegations from 78 countries participated in the five-day event that started way back in 1996.

There is a lot of hustle in the base today for some reason but today I had a chance to see this one of these beauties in real life, the fit and fish has a lot to be desired for. I have seen su30mki and this is similar in fit and finish. No doubt the F16 i had a chance to see in Taiwan seems better build.

There is a lot of hustle in the base today for some reason but today I had a chance to see this one of these beauties in real life, the fit and fish has a lot to be desired for. I have seen su30mki and this is similar in fit and finish. No doubt the F16 i had a chance to see in Taiwan seems better build.
can you elaborate pls

can you elaborate pls

while feeling the skin I could feel the space between panels that is something was also there with the su30mki but not with the f16. It feels like the gaps are bigger in between the panels, this might be because it just landed or of some other reason.

while feeling the skin I could feel the space between panels that is something was also there with the su30mki but not with the f16. It feels like the gaps are bigger in between the panels, this might be because it just landed or of some other reason.
Well, I have seen many Documentaries (still doesn't make me an expert) on assembly of frames, once complete still have small gaps - it was only after days of sealing and paint , we can see a smooth finish.

Now in the case of the LCA, we can see this is the same, many fly with a basic paint job or no paint. This we can see on the PVs and LSPs with paint peeling off. Hopefully, the SPs are better - which one did u see

Wrt the Su30s, did see a new frame in Aero India beautiful, and also HD pics of Heavy Weathered Su30 too, and yes like u mentioned panel gaps and just landed

Was it even inducted? It was said that it will get inducted in 2018 right?do You have any links to the above mentioned subject?

We are supposed to get first 20 Tejas by 2018. The next 100 will be improved versions and that's why they are taking time as they are handling the manufacturing and the R&D simultaneously.
J20 is at the same stage as Tejas, i.e. IOC. Production rate is LRIP. But China doesn't consider IOC adoption as official. Only FOC is regarded as induction. It is now just the time for air force to devise tactics and logistic process. For details, pls follow the J20 thread in China section here in PDF.

Back
Top Bottom