What's new

HAL has rolled out the indigenously upgraded Hawk-I aircraft.

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
16299108_1321409404603778_7187978756082376175_n.jpg

#HAL has rolled out the indigenously upgraded #Hawk-I #aircraft.
Platform is the #Hawk-132 aircraft which is used by Indian Air Force as an advanced trainer.

I think the color scheme is for marketing / press releases.

When inducted into the IAF (excpet if in an aerobatic team) the colors will be different.
Yup.
The Airforce
23rpcf4.jpg

And the navy have similar colours on their respective Hawks
sxiu0z.jpg

But the Suryakiran Display Team (SKAT) have a more colourful bird
14lugbd.jpg

jzfka1.jpg

The upgrade of HAWK Aircraft was taken up at HAL so as to be independent in matters such as integration of new sub-systems or modifications, replacing obsolescence management of avionics systems and to enhance the aircraft operational and training capabilities. HAL has rolled out its own aircraft with the upgrade features in a record time.

According to HAL, in the Hawk upgradation programme, imported Mission Computer and Data Transfer Units have been substituted with HAL designed and developed systems. This indigenous Mission Computer in the dual redundant configuration has additional capabilities such as Digital Map Generation (DMG) which provides improved situational awareness. The Embedded Virtual Training System (EVTS) offers improved training capability over the existing system.

"HAWK-i also provides a secured voice communication and data link capability by integration of Softnet Radio and pilots can configure and select cockpit Human Machine Interface (HMI) for different aircraft platforms," HAL official said.

HAL will also roll out Combat HAWK by March, 2017.

@Lord Of Gondor

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom