What's new

HAL floats RFI for Tejas Mk2

He doesn't know that the LEVCONS were for allowing safe takeoff and landing of the naval version on carriers and not meant to solve the energy bleeding problem, which will be solved by drastically reducing the empty weight of Mk1A.
Well, no Tejas even has LERX, so I assumed he's talking about the slats. Both slats and LERX are LEX. So..
Unless he's talking about the Levcons like you said. It seems he did mean Levcons by "moving LERX".
Wrong in any case.

Well, no Tejas even has LERX, so I assumed he's talking about the slats. Both slats and LERX are LEX. So..
Unless he's talking about the Levcons like you said. It seems he did mean Levcons by "moving LERX".
Wrong in any case.

Movable LERX and LEVCONS are the same.

downloadfile-24.jpg

So the moving LERX arent doing the job of keeping the aircraft from having a terrible energy bleed off.

Here is to seeing the thing fly in 2025

LEVCONs were only used on naval prototypes. Naval Mark 2, the operational variant, will continue to use it.

Z5JeWi8.jpg

De5kAwHVQAAtOP7.jpg:large

LEVCONs were only used on naval prototypes. Naval Mark 2, the operational variant, will continue to use it.

Z5JeWi8.jpg

De5kAwHVQAAtOP7.jpg:large

Even this design will be changed to reflect the changes on Mk2.

The LEVCONS were designed only to help take off and landing. A plan to assist in flight manoeuvrability was planned but canards are a much better option now.

If the AF Mk2 weighs as much as 17-18T, then N Mk2 is bound to be at least 1T heavier. So we will need the uprated F414 with 108-117KN of thrust. A mere 700Kg increase in fuel won't do, which will require a redesign of the airframe.

Cards for Tejas? Is it trying to become Gripen now? From Mirage to gripen and tejas lost itself somewhere in the middle.

Cards for Tejas? Is it trying to become Gripen now? From Mirage to gripen and tejas lost itself somewhere in the middle.

The airframe still remains the same.

Relax.

Mk 2 was planned right since 2013 when induction was already 4 years late.

The plan is to do that with Rafale.

I don't know how that would happen. The 36 Rafale orders were an emergency measure due to infinite delays by MOD babus and their bloody masters in the previous regime.

In order to do something more meaningful with Rafale, we will have to participate in the Franco-German fighter jet programme and merge AMCA with their plan.

For AMCA, Israel would be a more prudent partner.

They are strategically autonomous, have excellent technology and really don't care interfere with our matters. On the other hand, they are our strongest supporters when it comes to fighting terrorism, facing ideological enemies etc.

I said this 5 years ago and I am saying this again. Israel is the best partner for AMCA. Their experience with Lavi project and their excellent tech in EW and radar technology will be a boon.

I am sure by 2032-33, the K-10 engine would be ready.

The airframe still remains the same.

Relax.

Mk 2 was planned right since 2013 when induction was already 4 years late.

I don't know how that would happen. The 36 Rafale orders were an emergency measure due to infinite delays by MOD babus and their bloody masters in the previous regime.

In order to do something more meaningful with Rafale, we will have to participate in the Franco-German fighter jet programme and merge AMCA with their plan.

For AMCA, Israel would be a more prudent partner.

They are strategically autonomous, have excellent technology and really don't care interfere with our matters. On the other hand, they are our strongest supporters when it comes to fighting terrorism, facing ideological enemies etc.

I said this 5 years ago and I am saying this again. Israel is the best partner for AMCA. Their experience with Lavi project and their excellent tech in EW and radar technology will be a boon.

I am sure by 2032-33, the K-10 engine would be ready.

He said we need to choose Gripen, so I said the same thing will happen with Rafale instead.

Referring to MMRCA. MoD expects the winning OEM to provide assistance in the development of AMCA.

Israel is already a significant partner for avionics. But they obviously have lesser experience than we do when it comes to developing a fighter jet. We far surpass them in this arena.

We have no need to participate in the Franco-German FCAS. But we will be participating in the future development of avionics for Rafale if it wins MMRCA.

Israel is already a significant partner for avionics. But they obviously have lesser experience than we do when it comes to developing a fighter jet. We far surpass them in this arena.

Isn't this statement a bit farfetched??? ... IAi developed the Kfir and even more importantly the Lavi, a type that only failed due to political pressure. As such I'm not sure in what way India surpassed Israel?!

Isn't this statement a bit farfetched??? ... IAi developed the Kfir and even more importantly the Lavi, a type that only failed due to political pressure. As such I'm not sure in what way India surpassed Israel?!

Kfir is derived from the Nesher, which is an unlicensed copy of the Mirage V. Marcel Dassault was a Jew and he transferred the Mirage design details to the Israelis. So it's like what India has done with Gnat and China has done with Mig-21.

As for Lavi, the Americans helped develop the digital FBW for it through Lear Sieglar. Otoh, India developed the LCA's digital FBW without any foreign assistance.

The LCA is operational, while Lavi is not. And India is now progressing towards far more advanced designs in which Israel has little to no experience, which includes a flying wing design powered by an indigenous engine, an ISRO-led space shuttle, a DRDO-led military hypersonic aircraft, 2 fighter jet programs, jetliners etc.

Israel is also nowhere when it comes to engine tech.

Israel's fighter jet design capabilities have mostly atrophied since the end of Lavi, and that was more than 30 years ago. The people involved in it are mostly retired or dead by now.

You seriously can't consider comparing a country with a dead fighter jet industry (killed in its infancy) with a country that has 3 (can potentially climb to 4) active fighter jet programs (with 1 completed), can you?

Hello! You are forgetting about Lavi? It was a major success and only because of US refusal to fund the project, they had to close it off.

Lavi was a competitor to the budding F-16.

IAI has far more experience in aircraft making than we do.

They had made Mirage IIIs in record days, after France refused them help during wars, when we were doing metal bashing and metal cutting.

IAI is the perfect partner for this.

They have no great power ambitions to control us and are reliable partners.

Hello! You are forgetting about Lavi? It was a major success and only because of US refusal to fund the project, they had to close it off.

Lavi was a competitor to the budding F-16.

IAI has far more experience in aircraft making than we do.

They had made Mirage IIIs in record days, after France refused them help during wars, when we were doing metal bashing and metal cutting.

IAI is the perfect partner for this.

They have no great power ambitions to control us and are reliable partners.

People have only 30-35 year careers. I've already spoken about Lavi in the previous post.

The plan is to do that with Rafale.
If India believed that the Rafale is the way to go, they would not run MMRCA Mk 2.
They would simply reopen negotiation with France/Dassault.
MMRCA 2.0 is a sure sign that Rafale will not be chosen.
With IN not beeing able to use the Naval version due to wingspan, Dassault is in a loser position.

Back
Top Bottom