What's new

Hafiz Saeed to Rebrand JuD, will register his political party with the Election Commission of Pak

boxer_B

BANNED
Reaction score
An internationally designated terrorist, Saeed continues to be an influential person in Pakistan

New Delhi: Mumbai attacks mastermind Hafiz Muhammad Saeed is likely to launch his political party by rebranding his terror outfit Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) as Milli Muslim League Pakistan.

According to reports, Saeed is all set to register the outfit with the Election Commission of Pakistan and is expected to launch the party on August 14 at a function in Lahore.

Saeed is considered among one of the most dreaded terrorists in the world, featuring in the wanted lists of both India and the United States.

The development can have massive repercussions with the Pakistani Supreme Court recently disqualifying Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif over the Panama Papers expose. The Sharif government had extended the house arrest of Saeed and four of his aides for their activities that were "detrimental to peace and security", says an Express Tribune report.

While he is an internationally designated terrorist, Saeed continues to be an influential person in some of Pakistan's religious groups. He is also said to have close relations with the Pakistani Army and the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).

Pakistan claims to have banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), but following the attack on the Indian Parliament in 2001, it re-emerged as Jamaat-ud Dawa (JuD). The United Nations has recognised JuD as a political front of Lashkar.

According to reports, he would be registering his political party with the Election Commission of Pakistan.

Saeed is likely to launch his political outfit on Pakistan's Independence Day at a function in Lahore.

This is being seen as a major happening as [URL='http://www.business-standard.com/search?type=news&q=pakistan']Pakistan
recently elected its new Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi after Nawaz Sharif was disqualified by the Supreme Court over the Panama Papers scandal.

Recently the government of Pakistan's Punjab province extended the house arrest of Jamaatud Dawa (JuD) chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed and his four aides for 60 more days for their activities that were "detrimental to peace and security", The Express Tribune reported.

Saeed is a wanted terrorist by India and the United States for his alleged role in masterminding the 2008 terror attacks in Mumbai that claimed 166 lives.

He even carries a bounty of 10 million USD (approx. Rs 66 crore) on his head for his role in the attack.

He is an internationally designated terrorist but continues to be an influential person in Pakistan's certain religious groups.

Pakistan claims to have banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), but following the attack on the Indian Parliament in 2002, it re-emerged as Jamaat-ud Dawa (JuD). The United States has designated the JuD as a front for the LeT.

[/URL]

I don't think it's real.

As a president and current leader of PDP i offer him an alliance.

I do not know man. This is some avoidable controversy for PDP.
Alliance is a very complicated word. Coalition maybe can be debated though i am voting against it.
And i do not think this guy wants to have a political party.
so yes this probably is fake.

And i do not think this guy wants to have a political party.
so yes this probably is fake.
Yea i don't think he will be able to get much votes outside of his own area.
Alliance is a very complicated word. Coalition maybe can be debated though i am voting against it.
My mistake coalition will be the correct word i want PDP to be a secular but a nationalist party not another religious and extremist party.

Yea i don't think he will be able to get much votes outside of his own area.

My mistake coalition will be the correct word i want PDP to be a secular but a nationalist party not another religious and extremist party.

PDP is a Muslim secular moderate party.

No pure secularism and no pure religious nature in PDP

just like every other Pakistani citizen he is also allowed t do what he wants. he gets too much support from Pakistani minorities especially Hindus support him alot. His organization has done tremendous work for minorities upliftment.

I support Hafiz Saeed for PM of Pakistan.
just like you guys supported Modi? BTW Pakistanis are moderate people by nature i dont think any extreme thinking person can become PM in Pakistan.

I support Hafiz saeed as PM of pakistan. :tup:

Just as Nirandar Modi is PM of India - a terrorist Prime Minister. Would you support something similar in Pakistan?

Naa Sorry.. we don't glorify terrorists.

On Jud... it will be a good move... if JUD sheds its past and starts a new chapter through political means. Why would you object that ?

Just as Nirandar Modi is PM of India - a terrorist Prime Minister. Would you support something similar in Pakistan?

Naa Sorry.. we don't glorify terrorists.

On Jud... it will be a good move... if JUD sheds its past and starts a new chapter through political means. Why would you object that ?

I agree, National mourning after death of Osama was just a drama in Pakistan.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom