Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Zee Media Bureau

Srinagar: In view of repeated ceasefire violations from across the border along the Line of Control (LoC), Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde visited Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday to assess the security situation along the International Border.

Shinde reviewed the security situation in Samba sector and met the BSF personnel posted at the International Border.

Addressing the BSF jawans later at a press conference the Home Minister said that he was here to promise that the government stands by the soldiers fighting the enemies and safeguarding the border. “The whole country stands by you,” Shinde said.

"Looking at last year's record, we are not worried. This year, however, we are worried because of the increased infiltration. I have been discussing this with my officers about the reasons behind the infiltration," Shinde said while addressing the troops in Samba.

Shinde told reporters in Samba town on the sidelines of a Border Security Force (BSF) Sainik Sammelan: "It is true that information suggests Hafiz Saeed could be visiting areas of LoC to abet infiltration."

Shinde added, "We can't say that we are always on the receiving side."

"We have to compromise sometimes, but if they (Pakistan) take an uncompromising position, we will deal with them accordingly."

He expressed government's "full support" for the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) and said they have been granted the status of ex-servicemen like their counterparts in the defence services.

"The CAPF are not given the status of ex-servicemen like the defence forces. When I said this to the PM, he asked me to bring a note regarding this in the Cabinet. You all will be happy to know that CAPF have been granted the status of ex-servicemen," Shinde said.

He also said that the Ministry is considering extending few more benefits to CAPF personnel.

The Union Home Minister also said India has always maintained that Kashmir is an integral part of the country.

"No third party thing can work. Anything that has to happen has to happen bilaterally," he said.

The Home Minister said that the matter has been taken up in flag meetings. "I have surveyed areas along the border today, even those from where infiltration took place recently."

"Yes, there is more infiltration as compared to past times. But, the forces are ready to face any situation," he asserted.

Shinde added: "We can't be tougher by only saying so. We are taking action to that effect." < br>
Earlier, Shinde made an aerial survey of the International Border in Samba, Akhnoor, Ranbir Singh Pura (RS Pura) and Hira Nagar sectors.

He took a security meeting with top BSF field commanders at the Samba headquarters of the paramilitary force.

He later addressed BSF troopers at a Sainik Sammelan where he lauded the high morale of the troops guarding the borders of the country.

Shinde landed at the technical area of Jammu airport in the morning alongwith union Home Secretary Anil Goswami, other senior home ministry officials and Subhash Joshi, director general (DG) of paramilitary border security force (BSF).

From Jammu airport, the Home Minister along with the state Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and the team of Union Ministry officials flew in a chopper to Samba town where Shinde reviewed the situation on the international border with senior BSF officials.

Shinde accompanied by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and other senior officials also visited the Hira Nagar police station where four policemen and two civilians were killed by three terrorists Sep 26 this year.

Shinde’s visit comes after Omar Abdullah on Monday asked the Centre to explore other options if Pakistan continues to violate ceasefire.

Omar said ceasefire along the LoC and International Border was one of the major steps that was mutually agreed by both the countries.

A total of 136 ceasefire violations have been reported in 2013, the highest in the past 8 years.

First Published: Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 08:13
Hafiz Saeed may be visiting LoC to abet infiltration: Shinde
:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:
@RazPaK @AUz @Areesh @A.Rafay @Xestan @Aeronaut @WebMaster @doppelganger @nick_indian @GR!FF!N @Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend @al-Hasani @mafiya @tarrar @Stealth @Secur @FCPX @jaibi @HRK @PWFI @GURU DUTT and others

Last edited by a moderator:
@Zarvan when you meet Hafiz Saeed, could you spit on his face from my side please?

Sir @Zarvan - Kindly avoid posting every brain-fart of Bhartiis

That guy looks like an evil version of Santa Claus

good let him come iska ache se isetqbal karenge:butcher:

lets see how good are owr armies long range snipers :sniper:

any way shinde is an idiot i dont trust this shinde he is a crack pot

here is word of advice!

Dont post the indian sources here as all of them r their propaganda.

You should by now know why I posts these type of news

Bhai - these 95 percenters have already screwed up the forum - and on these kind of threads they come in packs like hyenas --- i am already very much p!ssed

Bhai - these 95 percenters have already screwed up the forum - and on these kind of threads they come in packs like hyenas --- i am already very much p!ssed

aur chachha bahdur kaise ho suan hai aaj kal bari intellegent baten ker rahe ho :azn:

Good, we should make him go through the worst form of torture humanly possible if he does end up coming...

Burn in hell hafiz saed , what is he doing at LoC

Burn in hell hafiz saed , what is he doing at LoC

He has been promoted to the position of Brigade Commander, he is personally overseeing all the efforts of his men down there. Along with that, he has been offered the position of Governorship. Lets see if he accepts it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom