What's new

Had Nehru waded into Doklam

According to China's foreign minister, China is still patrolling Donglang, as well as setting up permanent garrisons there. And to add salt to the wound, he also said that the road would be completed too. :P This is from the official statement.
But Indians would rather believe in Indian newspaper and western MSM quoting anonymous sources aka fake people than China's FM.

We'll see about that.

For now, China has stopped road construction blaming the weather. That's your official statement and no matter how embarassed you are, you can't change what your CPC has accepted.

India gave up their strategic locations in Donglang when they withdrew, all those strategic positions are now filled with Chinese soldiers. As well as landmines.

India's trick of sending in unarmed soldiers to hold hands and form a human chain, that trick won't work again. If India wants to stop the road construction the next time, their only option will be to use military force, i.e. to start a war.

India gave up their strategic locations in Donglang when they withdrew, all those strategic positions are now filled with Chinese soldiers. As well as landmines.

India's trick of sending in unarmed soldiers to hold hands and form a human chain, that trick won't work again. If India wants to stop the road construction the next time, their only option will be to use military force, i.e. to start a war.

Again you're repeating your CPC propaganda. I'm sorry excuse me.

I can discuss reputable international sources, not CPC 50 cent progaganda bots.

Again you're repeating your CPC propaganda. I'm sorry excuse me.

I can discuss reputable international sources, not CPC 50 cent progaganda bots.

What I've said is from the Chinese foreign minister. :lol:

You are free to believe otherwise, that turned out pretty well for CPEC, which India claims is being built on Indian territory. Or the South China Sea.

Everyone calls you sissy

India's official position is that Donglang is Bhutan's territory, and is protected by a mutual defence treaty with India.

Yet somehow India unilaterally retreated from Donglang, essentially handing over Bhutan's territory to China. Meaning that China experienced a net increase in territory (again). :enjoy:

If Nehru had done that, Indians would be calling him a coward till his dying day, and accusing him of abandoning India's mutual defence treaty with Bhutan. But since it's Saint Modi... :P

Lol Even Paksitani posters have stopped taking your asertions seriously.

There is a Chinese saying that to hide one lie one has to speak thousand more. Your lies were not enough that one more lie added to your assignement.

You must be a busy person these days.

A decent summary @Carlosa

Nth repeat to remind Indians what happened.

Doklam and Doklam plateau are two different things, China wanted to own Doklam not just the plateau, the road till Doka La essentially already covers the whole Doklam plateau. When we station troops there, we have de-facto control of Doklam plateau. Strategically, it was the plateau that mattered, the last big piece of flat land there facing Siliguri. Use google 3D, the plateau area is only at the top left quarter of Doklam, the rest are essentially river valleys with no strategic use.

So when Indians entered the Doklam plateau area, their main aim was not road obstruction, it was road destruction of the completed roads in Doklam Plateau. Why else do you need to bring in 2 excavsatros, you could have used only kumbaya troops instead.

Map from Indian analyst. Doklam plateau is from Batang La, Merug La, Senche La to Doka La, looks like a diamond, essentially the whitish area crisscrossed by the roads there. We completed roads from Merug La/Senche La to Doka La, essentially grade 40 roads, then interference from Doka La happened when we tried to extend to Gyomochen. Gyomochen is not a plateau but it was the original trijunction as per 1890 agreement.

Doklam%2BPlateau-3.jpg

Map from Chinese MOFA

china-sikkim-border-1.jpg

To me this is a win win situation because the definition of victory differs between China and India. India wanted media victory for Modi's reelection and also to cover up the fck ups by BJP. China wanted strategic victory. Why did I say India got a media victory? Because we shouldn't have even given a road postponement concession since it was 'rightfully' ours. However, in reality, China did not exercise de facto control of Doklam prior to this, India on the other hand had soldiers in Doka La. Due to it's disputed nature, China could only patrol. The status quo is now changed forever whether India admits it, there is now a grade 40 road covering the whole Doklam plateau (not Doklam area) and permanent Chinese troops stationed there. De facto control is now in Chinese hands which is exactly what we wanted.

The original Indian objective was to ensure Doklam plateau (not the whole Doklam area) does not fall into Chinese hands, not by obstructing road construction, they were aiming to destroy the completed roads in the plateau. Strategically speaking, extending the road to Gyomochi is only for de jure control not de facto control. By controlling the whole Doklam plateau (not Doklam area), we already have de facto control over the whole Doklam.

2-gif.422459

Nth repeat to remind Indians what happened.

Doklam and Doklam plateau are two different things, China wanted to own Doklam not just the plateau, the road till Doka La essentially already covers the whole Doklam plateau. When we station troops there, we have de-facto control of Doklam plateau. Strategically, it was the plateau that mattered, the last big piece of flat land there facing Siliguri. Use google 3D, the plateau area is only at the top left quarter of Doklam, the rest are essentially river valleys with no strategic use.

So when Indians entered the Doklam plateau area, their main aim was not road obstruction, it was road destruction of the completed roads in Doklam Plateau. Why else do you need to bring in 2 excavsatros, you could have used only kumbaya troops instead.

Map from Indian analyst. Doklam plateau is from Batang La, Merug La, Senche La to Doka La, looks like a diamond, essentially the whitish area crisscrossed by the roads there. We completed roads from Merug La/Senche La to Doka La, essentially grade 40 roads, then interference from Doka La happened when we tried to extend to Gyomochen. Gyomochen is not a plateau but it was the original trijunction as per 1890 agreement.

Doklam%2BPlateau-3.jpg

Map from Chinese MOFA

china-sikkim-border-1.jpg

To me this is a win win situation because the definition of victory differs between China and India. India wanted media victory for Modi's reelection and also to cover up the fck ups by BJP. China wanted strategic victory. Why did I say India got a media victory? Because we shouldn't have even given a road postponement concession since it was 'rightfully' ours. However, in reality, China did not exercise de facto control of Doklam prior to this, India on the other hand had soldiers in Doka La. Due to it's disputed nature, China could only patrol. The status quo is now changed forever whether India admits it, there is now a grade 40 road covering the whole Doklam plateau (not Doklam area) and permanent Chinese troops stationed there. De facto control is now in Chinese hands which is exactly what we wanted.

The original Indian objective was to ensure Doklam plateau (not the whole Doklam area) does not fall into Chinese hands, not by obstructing road construction, they were aiming to destroy the completed roads in the plateau. Strategically speaking, extending the road to Gyomochi is only for de jure control not de facto control. By controlling the whole Doklam plateau (not Doklam area), we already have de facto control over the whole Doklam.

2-gif.422459

I have already followed what the quality of the road infra was, what the plans involved to expand them in the area by China...and how that's all been halted (and will get confirmation from satellite pictures over time now).....at much better forums for such matters.

It is not a topic I have much interest now to get into nitty gritty of who's govt is being more truthful about their version over here (because that's already done a million times now and no one is really going to convince other anyway). I will let all 3rd party and neutrals decide for themselves from the information they gather (and if they take the conversations here seriously to base their opinion on - thats their choice to do so)...the video posted by (humoured but credible) china uncensored is a fair summary (and hence I tagged a friend to have a watch). If you feel there is another 3rd party video summary with a better analysis from your perspective, no one stopping you from posting it.

I have already followed what the quality of the road infra was, what the plans involved to expand them in the area by China...and how that's all been halted (and will get confirmation from satellite pictures over time now).....at much better forums for such matters.

It is not a topic I have much interest now to get into nitty gritty of who's govt is being more truthful about their version over here (because that's already done a million times now and no one is really going to convince other anyway). I will let all 3rd party and neutrals decide for themselves from the information they gather (and if they take the conversations here seriously to base their opinion on - thats their choice to do so)...the video posted by (humoured but credible) china uncensored is a fair summary (and hence I tagged a friend to have a watch). If you feel there is another 3rd party video summary with a better analysis from your perspective, no one stopping you from posting it.
After posting so long, you essentially said nothing. :rofl:

India's official position is that Donglang is Bhutan's territory, and is protected by a mutual defence treaty with India.

Yet somehow India unilaterally retreated from Donglang, essentially handing over Bhutan's territory to China. Meaning that China experienced a net increase in territory (again). :enjoy:

If Nehru had done that, Indians would be calling him a coward till his dying day, and accusing him of abandoning India's mutual defence treaty with Bhutan. But since it's Saint Modi... :P

The purpose for coming in Bhutanese a third country's territory was to stop China from building road and send back home with its equipments and soldiers.

Why would India stay there after China was sent home packing?

Let Bhutanese patrol their territory. We are just a whistle away!

So the minister stays. He would perhaps be readjusted in a cabinet reshuffle being suggested, to dodge the subject of the mounting failures.

Chacha 420 and his Defence Minister actually lost a war- nothing happened to chacha and his defence minister was duly rehabilitated as the Minister with portfolio.

Regards

The article is incorrect on all facts.

India intervened on behalf of Bhutan to stop China from unilaterally changing the status quo and constructing a road there.

India successfully forced the Chinese to remove any road building activity. The Chinese are free to patrol the area just as Bhutanese Army is free to patrol there. Indeed both patrolled there regularly.

What we stopped China from doing is changing the status quo - like building airstrips and artificial islands in the disputed South China Sea.

If Nehru had been there, we would have protested publicly while never sending our military. Nehru has been a disaster of epic proportions in all matters of international relations and military.

According to China's foreign minister, China is still patrolling Donglang, as well as setting up permanent garrisons there. And to add salt to the wound, he also said that the road would be completed too. :P This is from the official statement.
Who used to patrol Doklam before IA tented there?

Honestly, Pakistanis are lucky and Indians are unlucky in that we didn't have people like Modi and Doval earlier when Pakistan didn't have Nukes.

We did had people who were more capable than Modi and Doval back in the days but unfortunately they were sidelined due to Gandhi's undying love for Nehru.

Back
Top Bottom