What's new

H2 And H4 are AAM Or AGM?

I am also agreed to this point that one of the H is A2A and another is A2G , as earlier most of the people claimed that both are A2G stand off weapon.
I think its does not make sense that PAF will put resources on the same type of weapon with two different versions. For example if H? with 120 km is A2G. Then configuring it to new type with 60km is no problem.So its make no sense, that H series is same type.

Only curiosity is which one is A2A and A2G.

i think the H-2 is a AGM (JSOW) and was demonstrated in Ex-High Mark-2010while the H-4 is still shrouded in mystery - my guess it is a A2A (BVR).

Here Sir, read this:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/wmd-missiles/28713-h2-h4-aam-agm.html#post409117

http://www.defence.pk/forums/wmd-missiles/28713-h2-h4-aam-agm.html#post409169

& finally:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/wmd-missiles/28713-h2-h4-aam-agm-2.html#post409647

So, you are right as H-2 is a AGM, while H-4 is the BVRAAM with 120KM range.

this is a bit difficult to admit,
all statements and information points in other direction.
the H-2 as AAM and H-4 as AGM.
the ranges for instance, H-2 in BVRAAM role with range of 60km is pretty impressive. if we do have H-4 as BVRAAM with range of 120km what is point in goint for SD-10 and AIM-120. :undecided:

regards!

May be Pakistani made BVR was a stopgap measure until the Chinese or American BVR came in to PAF inventory

May be Pakistani made BVR was a stopgap measure until the Chinese or American BVR came in to PAF inventory

an indegenious BVRAAM with a range of 120Km is not a stop gap, if actually done, we may not need SD-10 and can/should integrate these with our JFT and FC20z

regards!

an indegenious BVRAAM with a range of 120Km is not a stop gap, if actually done, we may not need SD-10 and can/should integrate these with our JFT and FC20z

regards!

Then why so much emphasis is being put on SD-10 Missile?

Then why so much emphasis is being put on SD-10 Missile?

exactly,
that makes me feel that H4 is not a BVRAAM at all, its the AGM with 120km range.
the BVRAAM made under this project is actually the H2 with a reported range of 60km. :agree:

regards!

H-2 and H-4 are both Pakistani produced variants of the RaptorI and II respectively, tweaked by our engineers . They are both pgms of the same type differing only in that H-4 is rocket boosted for a longer range. The media reports at that time caused loads of confusion which had every one bamboozled as to their actual nature.
There used to be a pakistani defence forum setup by a few disgruntled members of Pakistan1defence. Both Mark Sien and me were members of it and it had a few members from the local defence production sector. Two of those guys worked for AWC, one in actual production and the other in weapon systems integration. They were the ones who told us what exactly H-2 and H-4 were as well as a general description of the programme history from it's inception, the integration processes and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember as it was all about 8/9 years ago.

H-2 and H-4 are both Pakistani produced variants of the RaptorI and II respectively, tweaked by our engineers . They are both pgms of the same type differing only in that H-4 is rocket boosted for a longer range. The media reports at that time caused loads of confusion which had every one bamboozled as to their actual nature.
There used to be a pakistani defence forum setup by a few disgruntled members of Pakistan1defence. Both Mark Sien and me were members of it and it had a few members from the local defence production sector. Two of those guys worked for AWC, one in actual production and the other in weapon systems integration. They were the ones who told us what exactly H-2 and H-4 were as well as a general description of the programme history from it's inception, the integration processes and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember as it was all about 8/9 years ago.

brother go through a last few pages. there are a number of official references stating otherwise..

this is a bit difficult to admit,
all statements and information points in other direction.
the H-2 as AAM and H-4 as AGM.
the ranges for instance, H-2 in BVRAAM role with range of 60km is pretty impressive. if we do have H-4 as BVRAAM with range of 120km what is point in goint for SD-10 and AIM-120. :undecided:

regards!

aim-120 for the vipers
sd-10 for the JFT and FC-20
h-4 for the mirage-rose (possibly)

in any case, having a number of bvr's is normal. afterall we have the sidewinder, pl-5, and matra a2a's. get my point -nothing un-usual

Would appreciate the name of that forum..
there are many out here with membership in multiple forums and might correlate your claim.
Since your statement opens up the question again.. what is arming the ROSE mirages for BVR?

regards!

...or it might be the Pakistani name for SD-10 development, which might be occurring simultaneously in China and Pakistan, considering it will be a prime BVR missile for both nations with up coming high tech jets?

...or it might be the Pakistani name for SD-10 development, which might be occurring simultaneously in China and Pakistan, considering it will be a prime BVR missile for both nations with up coming high tech jets?

Dude SD-10 is a chinese BVR missile..... H4,H-2 are made my Pakistan.... they have no bloody link..... so please dont insult our engineers .........H-2,H-4= 100% PAKISTANI.

That forum is defunct. I don't remember it's name but Mark can vouch for both the information I've posted as well as my credentials. And I got confirmation from that through other zaraiy I would not like to mention.

Back
Top Bottom