Attachments

• Hafr.jpg
    Hafr.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 194
IF WE GO WITH OUR MILLITARY PROFESSIONALS' VIEWS
THEN IT MEANS THAT "H2" & "H4" ARE CODE NAMES
FOR PAF's BVR MISSILES
AM I CORRECT?

well i wonder how do people manage to come up with the same question again and again, this issue have been briefed, just go through last 10 - 12 posts!
however for review, it is not a BVRAAM which means beyond visual range air to air missile! so many people say that it is BVR that is can hit target beyond visual range, but, provided that the target is on land!! although BVR term is usually used for air to air missiles so it can be misleading to use it with H2 and H4!
the H2 and H4 are groung attack penetration bombs used to neutrilize heavy groung fortification like bunker or runways!!!

i hope the point is clear,,

regards!

Sorry guys. Cannot release the image. However, check out the "R Darter" and its Pakistani copy on the right. Missile is an all aspect BVRAAM has already been inducted in PAF.
It has Already Been answered by Sir PShamim that we do have a BVR, Known as Cresent Arrow.
This is The H-2 Or Hafr-2. Scroll down and you can see the Address of Pakistan. Meaning it is Indeed the H-2 or Hafr-2 Not a Missile But A BOMB. Please Don't ask stupid questions like this ever again.

H-2 & H-4 are said as BVR weapon systems. Either A2G or A2A is yet to be confirmed. The above is the equivalent to Matra Durandal, for which i guess if i am not wrong read somewhere the technology was given to us and AWC is making them.

hello all
I saw 2 time S.African Raptor bomb . 1st time on PTV when pervaiz musharaf show Raptor and Hijara model at IDEAS 2004 opening ceremony. i think 6 to 8 inched Raptor and Hijara model together on a single wood board. we searched every corner at IDEAS 2004 but no any sight and any information available
second time at IDEAS 2008, when a JF-17's technition ware a H-4
patch on its left shoulder it is Raptor 2 picture stitch.
anyone have IDEAS 2004 opening ceremony clips of PTV so please find it

Last edited:
indeed valuable Information is being posted in this Thread.

Thanks to sir: pshamim and everyone who is doing some hard work.

Thanks.

From Our Correspondent
ISLAMABAD — Pakistan successfully test-fired an indigenously manufactured, air to air, anti-aircraft missile on Monday.

According to the credible sources, the missile, fired from a fighter jet, successfully targeted a flying object. This H-4 missile is made by a subsidiary organisation of NESCOM and it is the most advanced version of H missiles.

According to the sources the missile was fired on its target from a Mirage plane over the Arabian Sea.

One of the salient feature of the H-4 missile is that it can hit even the out of sight target.The successful experiment of the air to air missile will go a long way in countering the enemy’s air supremacy. ;)

http://www.nation.com.pk/daily/april-2003/22/main/top10.asp

Last edited:
Just to clarify for the final time, the H2/H4 are Precision-guided stand-off glide bombs based on the Denel Raptor-I and II of South African origin. This was confirmed various times from credible defence sources such as Alan Warnes on publications such as Air Forces Monthly. In fact, PAF even publicized these facts through artistic publications, namely of the No 15 "Cobra" squadron - notice the munition:

Imageshack - sdeadlyvenom.jpg

Imageshack - venomouscobraslarge.jpg

Then Alan Warnes' AFM report on High Mark 2010:

11.36 – 5 Sqn Mirages drop Stand Off Weapon

One of the highlights of the event was the first public display of the H2 Stand Off Weapon (SOW). Two 5 Sqn Mirages released the SOW at 30,000ft (9,145m) and around 38 miles (60km) away, allowing the weapon to strike its designated target while the Mirages remain away from the range of SAMs. A target video was shown on the large monitors in the Stand. The H2 is a long-range TV guided glide bomb. Equipped with a TV camera in its nose, the weapon transmits TV pictures to the control pilot in another aircraft, who guides the weapon to the target while staying 65-88 miles (100-140km) behind the weapon. H2 has a hardened nose and adjustable time-fuse, giving it a capability to penetrate HAS’ before explosion.
Now what is interesting here is that AFM listed the H2's range as 100-140km, prior to this I thought H2's range is 60km and H4 at 120km. However, the above would imply that the H4 has a longer-range (200km?), which is certainly possible given Pakistan's experience with Ra'ad as well as possibly further cooperation with the South Africans. For example, Denel developed a stand-off module for the Umbani (South African equivalent to JDAM) precision-guided bomb system which increased its range to 200km. In fact, Denel even stated that Raptor-II could reach 200km (link). BTW you should notice the visual and configuration similarities between the Raptor II and H2/H4 (in the paint illustrations).

In any case, all that aside, it is clear as daylight now that the H2/H4-series are precision-guided stand-off weapons - likely based on Denel Raptor-I/II. As such they can probably switch between guidance methods - i.e. TV, infrared, radar, & GPS/INS. Lets see where NESCOM takes their development next, should be quite interesting...next a Pakistani equivalent to JSOW? Perhaps upgrades such weapon data-link? Perhaps addition of AShM seeker module (for extra capability as an option). Many possibilities...

" The H2 is a long-range TV guided glide bomb. Equipped with a TV camera in its nose, the weapon transmits TV pictures to the control pilot in another aircraft, who guides the weapon to the target while staying 65-88 miles (100-140km) behind the weapon.

Mark, the AFM says the missile was released from a range of 60KM, while it can be guided from a 100-140Km range through transmission of TV signals. It doesn't says the H2 has a range of 100Km or so. The aircraft would release the missile at 60Km and then turn back to a safer distance, a distance at which the missile can send signals to the command aircraft, where the WSO can guide the missile towards its target.

So i believe there is no confirmation of any range increase for H2, but i do agree there is very possibility that range increase would be looked into or may already have looked into, as the longer the range, the better.

" The H2 is a long-range TV guided glide bomb. Equipped with a TV camera in its nose, the weapon transmits TV pictures to the control pilot in another aircraft, who guides the weapon to the target while staying 65-88 miles (100-140km) behind the weapon.

Mark, the AFM says the missile was released from a range of 60KM, while it can be guided from a 100-140Km range through transmission of TV signals. It doesn't says the H2 has a range of 100Km or so. The aircraft would release the missile at 60Km and then turn back to a safer distance, a distance at which the missile can send signals to the command aircraft, where the WSO can guide the missile towards its target.

So i believe there is no confirmation of any range increase for H2, but i do agree there is very possibility that range increase would be looked into or may already have looked into, as the longer the range, the better.
Good point.

actually all the confucion had been created by the term BVR...

the fact is that it must be termed as stand-off missile/bomb and not BVR as it make one think of the more debated BVRAAM ie the Beyond visual range air to air missiles.

but yes, there had been some official statments also where the system was quoted as a BVRAAM but i think these were all miss interpretation.

the H-2 and H-4 are confirmed stand-off land attack weapons!!

regards!

Back
Top Bottom