What's new

H-6 Bomber: Low Attitude Flying

The civilians think it's just an airliner.

They do, don't they? How else do you take off and land?

They can be launched from larger aircraft while at high speed and high altitude (such as the North American X-15).

They can be launched vertically such as in rotor aircraft.

Ehm... low altitude flying is when you fly below 2,100 feet for a prolonged period. Taking off and landing can hardly be considered "low altitude" flying. Ever wonder why a passenger aircraft pitches up 20 degrees after take-off?

Cause it is more fuel economical to fly at high altitude, due to less drag at the same speed and also allows higher speed to be reached, shortening flight time and saves fuel.

Current passenger type plane would never be able to go 900km/h in lower altitudes.

I still believe they can fly at lower altitude for long periods (like circling busy airports for 20mins before landing).

Are you really being that pedantic? or are you just getting on his case because you didn't like what he posted about LTTE in the world affairs section?

I'm just being technical and I don't know what he said about LTTE but I've noticed he does have a habit of posting some BS articles and pictures.

Cause it is more fuel economical to fly at high altitude, due to less drag at the same speed and also allows higher speed to be reached, shortening flight time and saves fuel.

Current passenger type plane would never be able to go 900km/h in lower altitudes.

I still believe they can fly at lower altitude for long periods (like circling busy airports for 20mins before landing).

You missed my point, yes you're right about it being fuel efficient at higher altitudes. However the reason they pitch up at 20 degrees is to get above 2,100 feet quickly, since it's considered dangerous to be below that level.

low attitude flying. lol.

the plane is landing mate. but i dont blame u. i hardly see analytical response from u. most of u r posts r just cut and paste jobs. anyways thanx.

Back
Top Bottom